ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

BREAKING!! Redskins QB Robert Griffin III has torn his ACL and PCL

BREAKING!! Redskins QB Robert Griffin III has torn his ACL and PCL according to sources of WRIC-ABC in Richmond. WRIC also reports that he will not be able to play for a minimum of 14-18 months. This is the second time we have seen this reported, but we will try to confirm this story yet again.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Career.
    Is.
    Over.

ttwarrior1

14-18 months? I think he starts 1st game next season. I guess they won't be trading cousins now though

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

18 months? No way.

How long was Peterson sidelined, 7 months? Both freaks of nature.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

What a pussy. Walk that shit off

ttwarrior1

WRIC-ABC in Richmond has retracted there statement saying now its not confirmed.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Is this the same knee he injured at Baylor?

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shanny will wrap the sh!t up with duct tape himself to make sure he is there in 9 months.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not as dramatic for the organization as it would be if they didn't have Cousins. Cousins is a legit NFL starter.

As for RG3, it seems to me the organization ****** him, badly, by letting him play these last few weeks. They should have shut him down after the first injury and understood that their rebuilding process wasn't a one-year deal. Griffin should have been given a firm "no" when he wanted to be in the game injured.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Not as dramatic for the organization as it would be if they didn't have Cousins. Cousins is a legit NFL starter.

As for RG3, it seems to me the organization ****** him, badly, by letting him play these last few weeks. They should have shut him down after the first injury and understood that their rebuilding process wasn't a one-year deal. Griffin should have been given a firm "no" when he wanted to be in the game injured.
    He was lying to Shanny and the organization the entire time saying he was able to play. I blame him more than anyone

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Thought tests weren't till Tuesday?

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    He was lying to Shanny and the organization the entire time saying he was able to play. I blame him more than anyone
    He's a stupid kid with too much pride, yes. You wouldn't expect Griffin to say anything else to them.

That's why an organization can't afford to rely on what the player wants when assessing injuries. The error lies with Shanahan and the medical staff in terms of how it will impact the franchise.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    18 months? No way.

How long was Peterson sidelined, 7 months? Both freaks of nature.
    If true guy should have LARS surgery and be back b4 preseason...

Have heaps of knee injuries in aussie rules and with LARS treated players can be back playing national competition level within 12 weeks...
    Last edited by ACoochy; 01-07-13 at 03:54 PM.

Petey Wheatstraw
    Petey Wheatstraw's Avatar Become A Pro!

RG Spaghetti Knee

Lifetime guarantee.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

i dont know how anyone on the skinz sideline or in the booth could have watched the next few drives after the 2nd td and thought it was a good idea to have a rookie limping around at qb...he looked dreadful...skinz coaching staff is absolute dogshit

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Two Words: Doctor Andrews

Be back by September.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

RG3 wanted to play

He didn't want to be recognized as another Ponder or Cutler

He'll be back

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

useless thread since its not even true

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

so this ABC affiliate has recanted their report? What's the deal here?

Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

I couldn't give a shit about RG3 being injured but I blame Shanahan for losing. Any moron could see RG3 was too injured to play and they should have started the backup the second half.

Frisco

He's a stupid kid with too much pride, yes. You wouldn't expect Griffin to say anything else to them.

That's why an organization can't afford to rely on what the player wants when assessing injuries. The error lies with Shanahan and the medical staff in terms of how it will impact the franchise.
    And that stupid kid is paying the price for having too much pride, if in fact these reports turn out to be true. Skins are just a stupid franchise rolling the dice and trying to satisfy their fanbase. You wouldn't expect them to bench their phenom in such a big game.

Petey Wheatstraw
    Petey Wheatstraw's Avatar Become A Pro!

He had a great career.
    Points Awarded:

bb_skoots gave Petey Wheatstraw 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

suicidekings
    Update your status

And that stupid kid is paying the price for having too much pride, if in fact these reports turn out to be true. Skins are just a stupid franchise rolling the dice and trying to satisfy their fanbase. You wouldn't expect them to bench their phenom in such a big game.
    I suppose. Like I said above, Cousins is a top-tier second option and this outcome was clearly something the Skins management talked about previously or they wouldn't have drafted another young QB. Washington is definitely in the running for biggest mistake of the year if RG3 isn't going to be available for pre-season in 2013.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by Petey Wheatstraw View Post
    RG Spaghetti Knee

Lifetime guarantee.
    I had the same injury and would agree with you that his knee would never feel the same. It's not going to be a spaghetti knee, but his rushing yards total would definitely decrease.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

I played under Shanahan and I don't trust him as far as I can throw him. He could lie in your face while stabbing you in your back. The guy would sell his mom out if it won him a game. The decision to continue to run a one legged horse didn't surprise me a bit. Shanahan maybe want's Cousin's to be the QB long term anyway. You never know with that trick SOB.

Quote Originally Posted by Stocks View Post
    I couldn't give a shit about RG3 being injured but I blame Shanahan for losing. Any moron could see RG3 was too injured to play and they should have started the backup the second half.

Frisco

I suppose. Like I said above, Cousins is a top-tier second option and this outcome was clearly something the Skins management talked about previously or they wouldn't have drafted another young QB. Washington is definitely in the running for biggest mistake of the year if RG3 isn't going to be available for pre-season in 2013.
    I was shocked Cousins didn't come in earlier. They waited until the game was already lost. Really curious as to whether RG3 got a shot during the 1st quarter when he disappeared for 5 or so minutes or did he refuse. Numbing the pain doesn't make the injury go away

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

They are saying the results were inconclusive because they think the previous ACL tear from 2009 may have provided a "false positive" so to speak. More tests.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rg3-def...2871--nfl.html

Either way, both coach and player were extremely wreckless with the decision to continue to play yesterday.

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    I had the same injury and would agree with you that his knee would never feel the same. It's not going to be a spaghetti knee, but his rushing yards total would definitely decrease.
    He was never an accurate pocket passer. If the running threat goes away he's done

suicidekings
    Update your status

He was never an accurate pocket passer. If the running threat goes away he's done
    He has good footwork and arm strength. Even if he can't break out and run like he has in the past, he can learn to be primarily a pocket passer while still being able to keep plays alive by stepping up. More like Big Ben.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

I wonder if the NFL allows PED drugs on the off-season for treatment? RG3 getting a healthy dose of hgh and other medication could speed up his recovery process.

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    I wonder if the NFL allows PED drugs on the off-season for treatment? RG3 getting a healthy dose of hgh and other medication could speed up his recovery process.
    Anyone who thinks AP didn't take any is naïve

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Thanks captain obvious.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Washington Post, "RG3 has partially torn ACL and PCL"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-mri-suggests/

The MRI exam of Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III’s right knee suggested that Griffin has suffered partial tears of his anterior cruciate and lateral collateral ligaments, according to several people with knowledge of the test results.
    Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan said Griffin is scheduled to be examined Tuesday in Pensacola, Fla., by orthopedic surgeon James Andrews to determine whether the test results show new or previous injuries.

It was not immediately clear whether surgery would be required or how long Griffin would be sidelined if the partial ligament tears are determined to be fresh injuries. Griffin suffered a torn ACL in the same knee in 2009 while he was in college at Baylor, and has been playing in recent weeks with a mild sprain of the LCL.
    One person with knowledge of the situation said Griffin might have to undergo exploratory surgery to determine the extent of the damage and whether the injuries are new. Another said Griffin hopes to avoid full-blown reconstructive surgery if the tears are partial, even if they are new injuries.
    A third person familiar with the case, asked whether the ligament damage is new or a matter of previous injuries showing up on Griffin’s MRI, said: “That’s what we’re trying to find out.”
    Shanahan said at his news conference Monday at Redskins Park that he didn’t know the extent of the damage to Griffin’s knee or how long it will take the quarterback, who just completed his rookie season, to recover. Shanahan said it was unclear whether Griffin will play in the Pro Bowl, to which he was elected, or be ready to participate in the team’s offseason workouts and practices.
    Griffin underwent an MRI exam after his knee buckled in the fourth quarter of Sunday’s 24-14 playoff loss to the Seattle Seahawks at FedEx Field and he left the field for good. Shanahan said the results of that exam are open to interpretation because of Griffin’s previous injuries.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Stupid black qb

You don't see white qb's running around like this dumb kid

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

You are about 2 hours late, *****
    Last edited by SBR Lou; 01-07-13 at 05:01 PM. Reason: removed

12 Last