ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

Would you care if Lance Armstrong came clean about doping?

So now, according to the New York Times, Lance Armstrong is considering coming clean and admitting the entire thing was a lie; that he did indeed use performance-enhancing drugs and blood transfusions to win all those Tour de France titles.
    And this would be news to … um, anyone?
    Certainly not the anti-doping officials and cycling administrators who the Times reports Armstrong has been working with to set up a potential deal that might allow him to return to competitive athletics, mostly ironman triathlons.Lance Armstrong was stripped of his seven Tour de France titles last year. (AP)
    Armstrong's lawyer would only cryptically tell the Times, "I do not know about [coming clean]. I suppose anything is possible, for sure."
    Here's guessing this is less about the thrill of competition and more about Armstrong realizing that fewer and fewer people are paying attention to him, let alone believing his fable. Here's guessing he has come to the stark realization that there isn't any other way out of that sink hole. It's better to be a humble hypocrite than a nearly forgotten joke.
    It's been painfully obvious that Lance Armstrong cheated for years and years now. There have been mountains of evidence, countless media investigations, a parade of former friends and teammates turned accusers and finally a USADA-produced 1,000 page report that is astounding in its detail.
    And there's been, perhaps most damning of all, the fact that just about every other cyclist of note during Armstrong's generation was busted for doping. So to believe the Armstrong fairy tale is to believe that in a sport full of healthy cheats, it was the clean cancer survivor that was somehow the best.
    It never made any sense.
    There were plenty of people out there, myself included, who simply didn't care. Cycling is a dirty sport. He still had to beat the others. It wasn't clean, but it may have been a relatively even playing field. Besides, what he did off the bike was more important. He inspired so many people across the cancer wards of the world. He raised spirits. He raised money. He raised awareness.

Of all the atrocities to get angry about, a guy who was less than honest so he could ride his bike real fast around France ranks pretty low.
    The thing is, climbing up from the depths of chemotherapy to the point you could get back in a peloton racing up the Alps is a heck of a story. But Armstrong could never leave it at that, and that's why this has to be more than just an admission, it needs to be an apology. Hundreds of them, actually.
    They say it's never too late for the truth, but this case may test that theory.
    Throughout Armstrong's career, he hasn't just denied he doped, he's tried to destroy anyone who suggested otherwise. He and his henchmen have bullied, intimidated and threatened. They attacked reputations and fought dirty in ways that belied what he was supposed to be about. Everyone was just a jealous liar. Careers were ruined.

There was ugliness like the time Betsy Andreu, wife of longtime Armstrong teammate Frankie Andreu, got a voicemail declaring, "I hope somebody breaks a baseball bat over your head." That was after she'd already been dragged through the mud and declared a vindictive nut.
    "A playground bully,'' one of Armstrong's old teammates, Jonathan Vaughters, once described him.
    So now it's all forgiven? Now he just wants to say, OK, I did it?
    Maybe this is a redemption story if he acted differently in the past. Maybe it would be easier to understand that this was a lie that got so big, with so many people counting on it to be true, that he couldn't get out from under it. Maybe this would be easy.
    Lance Armstrong didn't hold back in going after his accusers. (AP)But after all the damage was done, after all the times his lawyers napalmed someone's reputation, after all the times Armstrong took the people closest to him, ones who understood the truth and tried to bury them, this can't be just admitting to something that any thinking person long ago was fairly certain he did.
    Only his sizeable ego could think that's enough.
    No, if this is a new day for Lance, then it needs to be about someone other than just Lance.
    This needs to be about making amends, publicly and painfully, one by one, name by name, to all the people he and his machine tried to run over, all the people whose crime was merely wanting to acknowledge the truth long before the schoolyard bully ran so short of friends he too finally realized it was his only option. from Yahoo! Sports

Bigmikesm
    Bigmikesm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1690

Would not care... Armstrong's accomplishment's are amazing nonetheless and should not be overlooked even if he used performance enhancing drugs.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmikesm View Post
    Would not care... Armstrong's accomplishment's are amazing nonetheless and should not be overlooked even if he used performance enhancing drugs.

I agree and the doping in cycling makes the steroid area in baseball look minuscule

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Guys a joke internationally regardless of whether he comes clean or not...

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Although he may have been a doper ....

Lance Armstrong had the common courtesy to
    keep his oversized SHIT TOWEL off of his table at all-you-can-eat buffets....

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Guys a joke internationally regardless of whether he comes clean or not...
    Kinda fits the whole sport

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Kinda fits the whole sport
    True but you have to be a special kind of fukked up and delusional to act the way Armstrong has.

I mean would you go out of your way to make the entire world turn against you??

All the roids have damaged the part of his brain that controls rational thinking....

Vegas39

True but you have to be a special kind of fukked and delusional to act the way Armstrong has.I mean would you go out of your way to make the entire world turn against you??All the roids have damaged the part of his brain that controls brain thinking....
    That I agree with and when I heard this I wondered why now? What does he have to gain

ACoochy

That I agree with and when I heard this I wondered why now? What does he have to gain
    I think he's gotten too many people offside and his charities are going backwards (financially speaking)...

Can see him doing this primarily as a way to stop the haemorraging, not because he's genuinely sorry as he's too much of a narcissist to be genuine imo

Vegas39

I think he's gotten too many people offside and his charities are going backwards (financially speaking)...

Can see him doing this primarily as a way to stop the haemorraging, not because he's genuinely sorry as he's too much of a narcissist to be genuine imo
    Pmy wife said same thing. It has to me financially motivated

DriveFor25
    DriveFor25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Why is this guy relevant in the first place? Who gives a fukk about the Tour De France?

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

He's a cheater

Smart and rich

Too bad he got caught

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

I agree and the doping in cycling makes the steroid area in baseball look minuscule
    It's a common Myth that "everyone" always did it.

They have back tested all the samples taken in the very first Tour Armstrong won, and only a small minority were on EPO. Only the two or three top teams at most from the evidence known now.

The one and only reason "everyone" ended up having to dope in order to compete is because this one guy did it better than everyone else and got away with it for so long. So that "everyone" had to do it in that sport. There was no choice if you wanted to cycle for a living, all because of Lance.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

whatever the reasons if you can not tell the truth you have no personal integrity therefore you are nothing but trash imo

guy is a fukking parasite and deserves to be forgotten it is what he is most fearful of

hope he ends up broke and homeless fukk him

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

I like them having to admit this stuff. Hope he does. Honestly if you look at the bottom line all he did was ride a bike faster than everybody else. Who really cares.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

cheated in racing
    cheated on his wife
    cheated on sheryl crow

lied about everything

the fact that anyone gave this liar and cheat even an ounce of respect is mind boggling. because he set up a cancer foundation to get his friends jobs paying $300,000/year and gives ALMOST ZERO MONEY to cancer research?

lance armstrong even sold the livestrong website for millions of dollars that he stuck in his pocket, what a humanitarian

manny24
    pay Bobby

i actually know floyd landis' girlfriend we are related through family

lance went out of his way and destroyed the guys life because he told the truth

incredible athletes can also be complete fukktards

just shows what kind of guy he is

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

might need to listen to his press conference first,

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

there's a lot of thing to not like about Armstrong, but the fact he was doping in a sport where doping isn't exactly uncommon is not near the top of the list.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by gryfyn1 View Post
    there's a lot of thing to not like about Armstrong, but the fact he was doping in a sport where doping isn't exactly uncommon is not near the top of the list.
    ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    It's a common Myth that "everyone" always did it.

They have back tested all the samples taken in the very first Tour Armstrong won, and only a small minority were on EPO. Only the two or three top teams at most from the evidence known now.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Would not care at all. He cheated. Just like many athletes have in every sport.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

who cares...it's not even a sport

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

i wouldn't care if he got hit by a fuckin bus tomorrow

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

No I don't care..

I want MORE PED's in sports...

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmikesm View Post
    I was just thinking of this. It was the status quo to cheat, but, in his defense, he was the hardest-working, and most talented, of the cheaters during his time.

manny24
    pay Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
    I was just thinking of this. It was the status quo to cheat, but, in his defense, he was the hardest-working, and most talented, of the cheaters during his time.
    hi lou!

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

In other news, bears shit in the woods. Bit late to admit it, anyone familiar with cycling knew this about 2005.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    He's a cheater

Smart and rich

Too bad he got caught
    Tony gets it.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

For as long as he's denied takings PEDs, and the people he's ruined, coming out now and admitting he's a doper he would probably need to buy a condo in the outer reaches of Mongolia or the Moon because he'll get destroyed by everyone from cyclists to the media, then every penny he made from races and sponsors might be drug into court. He needs to take a lesson from Pete Rose and stick to his story or he's finished

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    i wouldn't care if he got hit by a fuckin bus tomorrow
    SBR feels the exact same about you, you cheeky little phaggot c.unt.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Hopefully it will shut up those idiots who keep whining that he never failed a drug test...

garygroundwork
    garygroundwork's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12445

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    whatever the reasons if you can not tell the truth you have no personal integrity therefore you are nothing but trash imo

guy is a fukking parasite and deserves to be forgotten it is what he is most fearful of

hope he ends up broke and homeless fukk him
    this. Summed up perfectly.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    For as long as he's denied takings PEDs, and the people he's ruined, coming out now and admitting he's a doper he would probably need to buy a condo in the outer reaches of Mongolia or the Moon because he'll get destroyed by everyone from cyclists to the media, then every penny he made from races and sponsors might be drug into court. He needs to take a lesson from Pete Rose and stick to his story or he's finished
    He has (had?) the ears of business leaders, church leaders, prime ministers and presidents.

He's charismatic like the devil. Like Jim Jones.

He'll manage to make a success of something else whatever he says. And whatever he says will be part of the plan/game.