wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

What was Laker excuse last night?

Refs did everything they could AGAIN, Lakers MADE more free throws than Philly even took, before the last 2 minutes of the game Philly had taken 16 free throws and Lakers had taken 31. Finished up Phi 13-20 and Lakers 22-33.

Kobe 29 shots zero assists, he did shoot almost 50% though. However had he not taken any 3 pt attempts he would have been 13-23. That tells the tale. Howard 1-7. Guy continually getting single digit attempts, why did they even bring this guy there at all? Not that I am a big Howard fan because I am not I think he is as over rated as they come, but I am not the Lakers who signed the guy, he CANT keep having these games wit 7 and 8 shot attempts, especially against a team with no one on it close to countering him. Gasol 2-12 didnt help either I guess. So maybe thats why Kobe jacked up 29 shots.

Lakers are turning into the Knicks all of a sudden. Old and a jump shooting team, that is going to live and die by the outside shot. Lakers should see how that is working out for the Knick who are, as I predicted spiraling into oblivion, now that Amare is back it only gets worse for them.

Lakers have had the easiest schedule in the league to this point, still below 500. They have played bad teams and have had 2 and 3 days off in between their 'toughest' games while the opponent was playing back to back or 4 times in 5 nights or some sort of garbage. They have only played 6 games in the last 2 weeks, ample time to give Nash a chance to come in easy and get back into the flow.

They had won 6 of 7 and myopians were losing their minds. But the loss last night at home to philly erases that road win they had in philly a couple weeks ago. So they actually steal a road win, which is an accomplishment for them, then they turn around and give it right back by losing at home.

GOOD teams dont do that.

I counted last night as a win for LA, and I have as little regard for their ability to win as anyone. But now is when it gets interesting. Next 10 games have a little bit of everything, they have 3 or 4 tougher games at home they could win, but if theyre the same lakers they have been they wont win them.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

No Duhon.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: face

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

any new hooker reviews?

BCC585
    BCC585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1206

Kobe said they're "old as sh*t" last night lmao
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-16-14 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Link Not Working - Removed-)

wantitall4moi

yeah thats a cop out like I said he is trying to 'motivate' listen to what Artest said. It is clear he doesnt like Kobe all that much.

Seriously I think Brown said they were 'tired' after the third game of the season or some shit.

Nah theyre just lazy and collecting a pay check, since Kobe wants to jack up all the shots and be a ball hog then everyone other than Nash, who hasnt played and gotten sick of it yet, doesnt put forth any real effort. Why bother when Kobe wants to do it all anyway? Thats why Kobe isnt a great player and why he would have never done shit without all star type guys around him. Because he doesnt make his team mates better, in fact he is such a negative he makes guys quit.

With no Phil Jackson there to stroke guys and push the mental buttons it isnt happening, Jackons jerked off bynum and Gasol every night I would imagine to get them to play hard even when kobe did his act. Now that jackson isnt there to do that Gasol is useless, he was next to useless last year.

I also think Howard has checked out, like I figured he would after awhile. Kobe is one thing but when the coach isnt putting the ball in your hands then that is the nail in the coffin. Too bad too because I wanted the lakers to bury themselves in this clown for another decade at 30 million a year or some stupidity. But it looks like howard cant get out of a lakers uniform fast enough.

I will be watching how nash goes, but he is as pro as they get so he will probably play hard every night regardless but his facial expressions and body language will be fun to watch.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kobe needs to blame himself for being a selfish anti team player,

he is the leader of the team and the rest of the team mirrors his actions.................

Broncos
    Broncos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1023

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    No Duhon.
    Walton got traded.

tb1984
    tb1984's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1083

They had no defense.

Pau Gasol played like "deer in the headlights" as usual... and now start taking more 3-point shots.

They took some horrible shots...5 on 4, Metta shot a fade-away from the corner.

Last couple possessions, sixers played pick-n-roll, Howard left Hawes wide open to take a shot or pass to an open 3-point shot.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

kobe went off after the game saying the teams "old and slow" aka "we need to make a trade"

i agree with what wantit and pauly have said, the guy is so selfish people dont even want to play with him at this point. part of me thinks hes getting a rise out of having his "best season ever" and the team failing so miserably anyways. hes able to get his, but he doesnt make anybody around him better.

i said that howard was gona give minimal effort long ago, the busses figured hed love playing in la so much that he would never want to leave LMAO, cant wait to see the treadmarks after the season ends. i still do think he never fully recovered, but he still is putting up minimal effort.

gasol is a complete head case at this point, and MWP always was one. the bench players are complete stiffs, most of the rotation guys would be 10th-12th men anywhere else. it aint gona get any easier for la, very tough 5 game stretch on the way, probably 2-3 at best.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Lots of NBA fans tired of the Lakers kicking their teams collective heads in decade after decade.

Why do we get threads like this after each and every loss? Seems kind of redundant don't you think? I don't see any Lakers fans talking championship in Players Talk.

Sorry about the many years of bludgeoning your favorite team......time to move on though. It's not healthy to have so much pent up hate (jealousy ).

Akajason18
    Akajason18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

As a lakers fan I wouldnt bet on the lakers to cover a spread all year. The defense is as bad as a high school team and kobe takes all the shots

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Lots of NBA fans tired of the Lakers kicking their teams collective heads in decade after decade.

Why do we get threads like this after each and every loss? Seems kind of redundant don't you think? I don't see any Lakers fans talking championship in Players Talk.

Sorry about the many years of bludgeoning your favorite team......time to move on though. It's not healthy to have so much pent up hate (jealousy ).
    acutally youre wrong they hadnt been good since the late 80s until 2000. That should have ended once they traded Shaq but Jerry West scum gave lakers gasol for kwame brown and they colluded their way to a couple more rings.

but afer this next fiasco and no assets anywhere on the roster, and no draft pcicks I dont see them getting out of the hole any time soon. unless of course the league lets them trade some of this shit they have now for a couple all star caliber guys. Which while not outside the realm of possibility isnt likely to happen. So dont be surprised to see lakers totally disappear.

Especially if Clippers continue to be willing to spend and pickup quality players they will just flip flop and the lakers will be the clippers and clippers will be the lakers. LA is as front running a town as there is all these 'life long' laker fans will be at the clippers games. I have already seen a few 'laker' people there this year already and a few more show up every game.

A couple years of losing teams and lakers will be an after thought, just like they were when Magic had to leave. Once kobe is gone and they have nothing there this team might as well fold up.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post

he is the leader of the team and the rest of the team mirrors his actions.................

well said

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

I see Wanti still has no idea how basketball works. He thinks whoever has more free throw attempts the refs obviously cheated for

Wanti, do u understand why teams like the Heat & Lakers will more times than not get more free throws than their opposition or are u really that clueless when it comes to basic common basketball sense??

There's never been a Laker win where Wanti hasn't made excuses for it, not a single one. Then when they lose he asks for the excuses why. Why are you infatuated with blaming wins & losses on excuses like every single win & loss has an excuse?? How bout the better team on that particular night won the game?? Or the team that game more effort & hit shots that particular night won the game Is that ever good enough for you or does there always have to be an excuse for a win or loss?? This guy even made excuses when the Lakers won by 20+ over Den & Dal a few weeks back.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: William Walters

upscope

The most comical thing is how Laker haters go months in advance & dissect the schedule. They are so infatuated w/ Laker basketball they have their shedule memorized the rest of the season....

I hate the Heat more than the next guy. I wish for them to never win another game in their existence but I couldn't tell u one date for one single remaining game they have on the schedule yet these haters can tell u every date of every remaining game on the Laker schedule....lol....that's commitment to hating. I wonder how much sleep these guys lose over infatuating about the Lakers & dreaming they lose a regular season game??
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Justin3587

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    I see Wanti still has no idea how basketball works. He thinks whoever has more free throw attempts the refs obviously cheated for

Wanti, do u understand why teams like the Heat & Lakers will more times than not get more free throws than their opposition or are u really that clueless when it comes to basic common basketball sense??

There's never been a Laker win where Wanti hasn't made excuses for it, not a single one. Then when they lose he asks for the excuses why. Why are you infatuated with blaming wins & losses on excuses like every single win & loss has an excuse?? How bout the better team on that particular night won the game?? Or the team that game more effort & hit shots that particular night won the game Is that ever good enough for you or does there always have to be an excuse for a win or loss?? This guy even made excuses when the Lakers won by 20+ over Den & Dal a few weeks back.
    You still dont get it that Kobe is jacking up a third of the lakers shots so why would he ever take a foul shot when he is shooting everything from 15 or more feet out yet he gets calls like no other. Most of them completely phantom. I guess if Kevin Durant took 10-12 free throws a night off phantom calls it would be OK too? Thing is they dont need to call that shit with them because they are winning.

look at these teams the lakers play, and their average free throw attempts per game, then compare it to when they play the lakers. Philly averages 18.25 free throws a game against teams other than the lakers, in the two games they have played the lakers they have taken a combined 33 free throws. (16.5 average) Not astounding but considering lakers gave them 4 fouls last night that raises the number slightly. Discounting those Phi would have had a total of 29 free throws in 2 games, less than 15 per game average, 3 less than their yearly average.

New York Knicks, Lakers played them twice, first game Knicks took 30 free throws Lakers took 29. Knicks won by 7 and it wasnt even that close. In LA Lakers took 31, Knicks only took 16 that night Lakers come from behind (due SOLELY to 3rd quarter free throws) and they win the game by 6 in the end.

Obviously sometime lakers just beat worse teams, but this year they arent that much better than anyone, and there have been a half a dozen or more games where it was free throws and free throws alone that won the game for them. Lakers really could be about 10-21 right now, thats how badly they have played this year.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Its safe to say that if Kobe wasnt playing lights out this season and having one of his best seasons...the Lakers would finish 9-10th in the West.

Him playing out of his mind is the only reason their playoff hopes are alive.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    Its safe to say that if Kobe wasnt playing lights out this season and having one of his best seasons...the Lakers would finish 9-10th in the West.

Him playing out of his mind is the only reason their playoff hopes are alive.
    LMAO there is a total myopian right there. Exactly what Kobe loves to see. Lakers are winning in spite of him not because of him.

I would lay odds that If Kobe had gone down and not Nash Lakers would have a winning record right now.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    LMAO there is a total myopian right there. Exactly what Kobe loves to see. Lakers are winning in spite of him not because of him.

I would lay odds that If Kobe had gone down and not Nash Lakers would have a winning record right now.
    Ur comparing Kobe to Nash?

/endconvo

upscope

Kevin Durant does take 10-12 free throws a night you moron. In fact he takes more than Kobe. Opponents are forced to guard Kobe tight because of his offensive skills. He is capable of getting off a shot from anywhere so they are forced to get UP on him. Players like this draw fouls. Figure it out. Dwight Howard gets fouled more than any player in the league. It was that way in Orlando & it's that way in LA & it will continue to be that way throughout his career. They even foul him intentionally & challenge him @ the line since he such a poor foul shooter. The fact that u don't know this basic stuff is just another example why you have no credibility. Every time the Lakers shoot a free throw u think it's because the refs are cheating. Do u know how pathetic that is??

Now you're saying the refs cheated because Phi ave 18.2 ft's a game yet only ave 16.5 vs the Lakers
    You got me there.....Phi shot 1.7 less ft's than they normally do vs a team that has Dwight Howard manning the middle. That's some definitive proof the refs are cheating....lol. Do u have any idea how dumb you sound??

Stop making excuses & whining everytime the Lakers shoot a free throw & instead try getting a clue as to the reason why a team that possesses K. Bryant & D. Howard on it actually shoot more free throws than most other teams......mmkay
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Sidney Crosby

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Lakers should go after cousins, we all know its coming

Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Same guy makes the same tired ass threads over and over again.

upscope

Kobe avg 30/5/5 shooting 48% from field 38% from 3 85% from line. One of only two players on the team playing w/ any heart whatsoever & u think they would be winning w/o him

You do realize the rest of the team is shooting .433 combined don't you?? And thats w/ Kobe drawing defensive attention & being doubled often. Without Kobe on the floor the others would be guarded even tighter creating tougher looks & likely causing even a lower fg% & u think they would be winning under these circumstances??

Further illustrating your clueless state to the basic fundamentals of just how it is that the game of basketball actually works.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    Ur comparing Kobe to Nash?

/endconvo
    from a team chemistry stand point and making a team better there is absolutely zero comparison.

wantitall4moi

Kobe avg 30/5/5 shooting 48% from field 38% from 3 85% from line. One of only two players on the team playing w/ any heart whatsoever & u think they would be winning w/o him

You do realize the rest of the team is shooting .433 combined don't you?? And thats w/ Kobe drawing defensive attention & being doubled often. Without Kobe on the floor the others would be guarded even tighter creating tougher looks & likely causing even a lower fg% & u think they would be winning under these circumstances??

Further illustrating your clueless state to the basic fundamentals of just how it is that the game of basketball actually works.
    LMAO kobe hasnt drawn a double team in two years. WTF are you talking about?

Want to know what Lakers record is WITHOUT Kobe on the floor since he had Shaq shipped off? Look it up.

upscope

Want to know what Lakers record is WITHOUT Kobe on the floor since he had Shaq shipped off? Look it up.
    You mean when they had a championship roster capable of winning w/o him on the floor??
    What was their record in games w/o him when they were actually a below .500 team w/ him??
    Do u even understand the difference??

upscope

William Walters

The most comical thing is how Laker haters go months in advance & dissect the schedule. They are so infatuated w/ Laker basketball they have their shedule memorized the rest of the season....

I hate the Heat more than the next guy. I wish for them to never win another game in their existence but I couldn't tell u one date for one single remaining game they have on the schedule yet these haters can tell u every date of every remaining game on the Laker schedule....lol....that's commitment to hating. I wonder how much sleep these guys lose over infatuating about the Lakers & dreaming they lose a regular season game??

William Walters

Kevin Durant does take 10-12 free throws a night you moron. In fact he takes more than Kobe. Opponents are forced to guard Kobe tight because of his offensive skills. He is capable of getting off a shot from anywhere so they are forced to get UP on him. Players like this draw fouls. Figure it out. Dwight Howard gets fouled more than any player in the league. It was that way in Orlando & it's that way in LA & it will continue to be that way throughout his career. They even foul him intentionally & challenge him @ the line since he such a poor foul shooter. The fact that u don't know this basic stuff is just another example why you have no credibility. Every time the Lakers shoot a free throw u think it's because the refs are cheating. Do u know how pathetic that is??

Now you're saying the refs cheated because Phi ave 18.2 ft's a game yet only ave 16.5 vs the Lakers
    You got me there.....Phi shot 1.7 less ft's than they normally do vs a team that has Dwight Howard manning the middle. That's some definitive proof the refs are cheating....lol. Do u have any idea how dumb you sound??

Stop making excuses & whining everytime the Lakers shoot a free throw & instead try getting a clue as to the reason why a team that possesses K. Bryant & D. Howard on it actually shoot more free throws than most other teams......mmkay

wantitall4moi

You mean when they had a championship roster capable of winning w/o him on the floor??
    What was their record in games w/o him when they were actually a below .500 team w/ him??
    Do u even understand the difference??

EXACTLY, this seasons roster isnt a bunch of dog shit you know. Like I said without him on the floor THIS team would have a winning record, I would lay -150 on it. Obviously cant, but if he goes down and this team suddenly rattles off wins like they did late last year when he wasnt around it would lend credence to it.

You mean to tell me that Gasol, Artest, Nash, and Howard with any stiff of the street as their 5th starter shouldnt have a winning record? With the trash teams the Lakers have played so far?

How about just last year? What was Lakers record without him?

Justin3587

Why do you guys entertain this guy? All he does is start threads about the Lakers over and over again.

lilb_swag
    lilb_swag's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38

The offense needs to be ran through Dwight inside out every possession but with Kobe.........probably won't happen.

Justin3587

Quote Originally Posted by lilb_swag View Post
    The offense needs to be ran through Dwight inside out every possession but with Kobe.........probably won't happen.
    Really good idea. That seemed to work in Orlando.
    Points Awarded:

William Walters gave Justin3587 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

wantitall4moi

here, this might enlighten some of you, it was written before they went 5-2 late last year without him also which makes it even more relevant.....

http://www.behindthebasket.com/btb/2...be-bryant.html

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos View Post
    Walton got traded.
    Best player ever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post

Zero assists last night. Sure he likes taking shots but not one assist? I had to double check when I was grading that prop last night.

1234 Last