jazzyj7
    jazzyj7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1160

Really like celtics tom.

After losing the last three games by like 20+ points, I see the old vets getting there shit together at home. They'll prob. be a dog in the game at home vs Memphis. Getting Leandro Barbosa back will give the Celtics that extra spark as well as Jason terry lighting it up.
    Last edited by jazzyj7; 01-02-13 at 01:44 AM.

23Edler_Salo6
    23Edler_Salo6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Rondo is questionable

jazzyj7

Quote Originally Posted by 23Edler_Salo6 View Post
    Rondo is questionable
    Rondo is overrated in my opinion. Cant shoot worth a damn which messes up the spacing on the floor. Also, his assist stats are sort of misleading, It's not like he's really creating offense with his penetration. Most of his assist is just one pass to a player coming off a screen and hitting the shot, which any point guard can do.
    Last edited by jazzyj7; 01-02-13 at 02:52 AM.

23Edler_Salo6
    23Edler_Salo6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

0-4 this season without him makes it a pretty risky play

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

looks like a lock

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Which area does Celtics have an advantage over Grizz? Grizz is 1 of the best defensive team while Celtics are horrible both offence and defence this season.

In terms of matchup, Rondo will face 1 of the best defensive pg in Conley, so he won't have that much of an advantage. Gasol and Zbo v Collins(who?) and Garnett(who always only average about 30 mins or so per game) on the front court? Avery Bradley maybe back but he will still need to find his game fitness. Dallas got their butt kicked hard when Dirk came back in his 1st game.

Grizz or no play imo.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I'm trying not to touch the Celtics again this year, they win when I'm against them and lose when I take them. Now they're playing the Grizz who are coming off a loss, no way I would take the C's. Gasol and Z-Bo will be too much for old KG. I actually might take Memphis -2.5 if it stays around there so you'll probably win this one if I do.

jazzyj7

Grizz are a better team right now. I just think the Celtics will be on point after getting smashed the past three games, plus homecourt.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by jazzyj7 View Post
    Rondo is overrated in my opinion. Cant shoot worth a damn which messes up the spacing on the floor. Also, his assist stats are sort of misleading, It's not like he's really creating offense with his penetration. Most of his assist is just one pass to a playe coming off a screen and hitting the shot, which any point guard can do.
    Then why doesn't every point guard lead the league in assist every yr like Rondo?

Rondo gets more assist off threading passes than just about anybody in the league. He's far from a PG that just passes to guys coming off screens.

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

I think Boston will bounce back, but would not put cash on them vs. Memphis. Best of luck

jazzyj7

Because not every team runs there offense like boston does. Boston's offense is half court, slow tempo, jump shots. That's why you see them lose by 27, 18, 22, because they live and die by screen jumpers. Also, most pg's can shoot so when they have a wide open shots they take it. Rondo on the other hand doesn't, He only scores off drives and fast break points. He's gets assist with pick and pops with kg(who can shoot) and screens for Jason terry, jeff green, paul pierce. Yeah, he can thread a pass, but who cant in the nba? Even luke ridnour can thread a pass.

Intwoition
    Intwoition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1558

Boston Homer here - I personally don't like Rondo at all. He is good at certain aspects of the game - but I always like to look at what you are giving up...He can't really shoot, and his defense is poor(seriously watch his on-ball defense closely sometime), and he often runs the offense far too slow/inefficiently imo. Finally - because he gets DD assists every game, everybody is in love with him, which makes him think he is great. He and Ray Felton should start a 'we are the best point guards in the nba' club.

This is not directly related to the OP - sorry - but Boston is seemingly a mess atm. No play on this one.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Celtics +4!!!!!!!!

aireent777
    aireent777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10732

Forget these old farts. Lakers and Celtics are done for the season.

aireent777
    aireent777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10732

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Griz match up well against the C's. Not in love w/ the line but really like them tonight

lamanax
    lamanax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4983

seems like Grizz' offense hasn't been playing as well lately

Intwoition
    Intwoition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1558

Quote Originally Posted by Intwoition View Post
    Boston Homer here - I personally don't like Rondo at all. He is good at certain aspects of the game - but I always like to look at what you are giving up...He can't really shoot, and his defense is poor(seriously watch his on-ball defense closely sometime), and he often runs the offense far too slow/inefficiently imo. Finally - because he gets DD assists every game, everybody is in love with him, which makes him think he is great. He and Ray Felton should start a 'we are the best point guards in the nba' club.

This is not directly related to the OP - sorry - but Boston is seemingly a mess atm. No play on this one.
    Still Feelin it ^