Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Does Seattle Match up well against Atlanta??

Chances are the Seahawks travel to the ATL for the Divisional Playoffs.

I know Browner and Sherman are good but is that defense good enough to beat Matty Ice at home?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Wouldn't Seattle need to win @ Wash/Dall first?

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Seahawks wont win a single game in the playoffs, unless a miracle happens and Arizona beats SF

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    Seahawks wont win a single game in the playoffs, unless a miracle happens and Arizona beats SF
    Is it really that impossible for them to win a game at Washington or Dallas? Please.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Ofcourse. I dont think either of those teams present much of a challenge to the Seahawks though.

But assuming the Seahawks play the Falcons...

Lets break down that match up

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I wouldn't want to be that first team Atlanta plays. They are tired of hearing about losing in the playoffs.

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Atlanta is not that good at stopping the run.
    I'm sure Seahawks game-plan would be keep ball out of Ryan's hand and gash the Falcons for the 4.8 yards per carry they already allow or more. Mix in Wilson with the read option and Seattle could easily build some steam.

Right now Seahawks are surging and averaged 4.3 takeaways per game the last 3 games.

The question is can they do it on the road? Do we even count the Bills game?

In a dome/turf I like the chances for them. Including Superbowl. Tremendous value as a SB future if you ask me.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Bills game was pretty much a neutral field. I wouldnt count it.

MobFade
    MobFade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 987

Hawks secondary will shut down Julio, especially those bubble screens and deep shots, but Roddy will get his with the role he plays in their offense. Brandon Marshall showed that Seattle can be had running crossing routes against zone underneath the safety all day as their linebackers are young and better suited to stop the run. Michael Turner could be shut down by the top 10 college defenses and Seattle is solid defending the flats with their corners and LB corps being good in that department, so Quizz wouldn't be a concern. Biggest mismatch is old-man Gonzales for Seattle's defense.

On the other side, Russell Wilson. That's all.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Falcons beat the Seahawks last year in Seattle. This year in Atlanta they would have an easier game. Mike Nolan is going to play single coverage on the joke of WR's the Seahawks have and bring the Heat on Wilson just like they did to both Mannings and Drew Brees. The Falcons had a dozen interceptions in these three games where they brought the heat on opponents.

Youkeepthislove
    Youkeepthislove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3295

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Falcons beat the Seahawks last year in Seattle. This year in Atlanta they would have an easier game. Mike Nolan is going to play single coverage on the joke of WR's the Seahawks have and bring the Heat on Wilson just like they did to both Mannings and Drew Brees. The Falcons had a dozen interceptions in these three games where they brought the heat on opponents.
    You can't even begin to compare last years Seahawks to this years.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Youkeepthislove View Post
    Same with Falcons. Both offensive and defensive coordinators are new. Julio Jones and Jaqquiz Rodgers are not rookies. Asanti Samuel new on defense.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Youkeepthislove View Post
    Solid post

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

RusselWilson rarely throws for 300+ yards but somehow the seahawks score about 30 points a game

McDabs
    McDabs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5288

Quote Originally Posted by innovation View Post
    Atlanta is not that good at stopping the run.
    I'm sure Seahawks game-plan would be keep ball out of Ryan's hand and gash the Falcons for the 4.8 yards per carry they already allow or more. Mix in Wilson with the read option and Seattle could easily build some steam.

Right now Seahawks are surging and averaged 4.3 takeaways per game the last 3 games.

The question is can they do it on the road? Do we even count the Bills game?

In a dome/turf I like the chances for them. Including Superbowl. Tremendous value as a SB future if you ask me.
    Tremendous value on Seattle?? What odds are tremendous? +1000?
    Pats +500 is much more likely to hit than Seattle winning it all.

Just curious, not bashing your pick.. just curious so please expand how ATL +700 isnt a better play when only needing to win 2 home games before the SB

DJ Dalamar
    DJ Dalamar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3396

ATL D is under rated to me seems like they get a pick every game and I think that would be the key. Seahawks will for sure be a tough team to play in the playoffs.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by McDabs View Post

Just curious, not bashing your pick.. just curious so please expand how ATL +700 isnt a better play when only needing to win 2 home games before the SB
    I thought about ATL +700

Only thing is Browner and Sherman might totally shut down Jones and White.

That and Atlanta runs kind of a vanilla offense and cant run the ball to close out games

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Certainly not impossible that the 6 seed wins and sends Seattle to Green Bay or San Fran. Either one of those teams will be licking their chops to play Seattle again.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Certainly not impossible that the 6 seed wins and sends Seattle to Green Bay or San Fran. Either one of those teams will be licking their chops to play Seattle again.
    Nobody wants to play Seattle right now.

jwater
    jwater's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1278

Matty Ice is way too good at home. No way Seattle goes in there and knocks them out

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Nobody wants to play Seattle right now.
    Well...no opposing fan would want to play them right now. The players could care less.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Seahawks matchup well with everyone, just like the Niners do because of their balance. If they do get past WASH/DAL, they matchup very well with Atlanta. Seattle can do everything better than Atlanta outside of the passing game.

innovation

Quote Originally Posted by McDabs View Post

Good question. I would easily take Seattle defense over pats and Atlanta 4.3 turnovers a game for 3 games average has to be more than a fluke. If somehow cowboys win then it could be just one road non dome game they will have the whole postseason.

innovation

Also much like Guants surge late last year. No team has surged up the power rankings last few games as much as Seahawks. While a road victory outside for me is the biggest question.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

I like people pointing out it's an advantage for Seahawks playing a dome team when they lost all their games in a dome this year. Don't quit your day jobs yet.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

I like people pointing out it's an advantage for Seahawks playing a dome team when they lost all their games in a dome this year. Don't quit your day jobs yet.
    Miami has a dome???

briedward
    briedward's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3407

I plan to ride the Seahawks throughout the playoffs. The better value is ride it one game at a time, moneyline. You can get a lot more than 10:1 (super bowl future) if you bet one game at time.

Seahawks can beat any team in the NFL. Against the Falcons, how good is Matt Ryan when his O-line can't protect him? - not very good - he is beatable. Special teams - Seattle is good. Defense - Seattle is superb. Offense - superstar running game with an outstanding game manager in Wilson.

If the Seahawks win the Super Bowl, it will be in a similar fashion as the 2000 Ravens. Suffocating defense, and solid running game.

Also Seahawks are healthy - that alone gives them an edge.

slacker00

I was thinking about Tate/Rice/Miller/Baldwin. Early in the year, I had my doubts even though Rice was a stud a few years back in MIN and same with Miller when he was with OAK. But look at the last 10 games, they've emerged as a nice compliment to RW and Lynch. Granted, of the remaining teams they probably rank as the lowest passing attack, but they also have the best running attack of the remaining teams. In all, they seem like a group that is capable to get it done when it needs to get done and again a lot falls back on RW playing the dome, I just don't know if he can manage what this game will throw at him.

rockhardfister
    rockhardfister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by innovation View Post
    Also much like Guants surge late last year. No team has surged up the power rankings last few games as much as Seahawks. While a road victory outside for me is the biggest question.
    Right...because the same thing happens every year...Right?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I was thinking about Tate/Rice/Miller/Baldwin. Early in the year, I had my doubts even though Rice was a stud a few years back in MIN and same with Miller when he was with OAK. But look at the last 10 games, they've emerged as a nice compliment to RW and Lynch. Granted, of the remaining teams they probably rank as the lowest passing attack, but they also have the best running attack of the remaining teams. In all, they seem like a group that is capable to get it done when it needs to get done and again a lot falls back on RW playing the dome, I just don't know if he can manage what this game will throw at him.
    If the Falcons can shut down Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks, Colston and Graham, Demarius Thomas and Eric Decker they won't have a problem with Tate and Rice.

Dfjay9
    Dfjay9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3196

If the Falcons can shut down Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks, Colston and Graham, Demarius Thomas and Eric Decker they won't have a problem with Tate and Rice.
    Those teams didnt have a mobile qb who blocks downfield like a moron

slacker00

You have to shut down RW and Lynch. The passing game is only there to open up the running game for SEA. NYG and NO had no running game, they were one-dimensional on offense this year and why they both came up short this year, your analogy totally missed the mark. I hope ATL isn't making this mistake!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Dfjay9 View Post
    Those teams didnt have a mobile qb who blocks downfield like a moron
    So are you saying if Seahawks had Peyton Manning, Eli Manning or Drew Brees as their QB tomorrow they would lose to the Falcons but by having rookie Russell Wilson they have an advantage?

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

^^^yess

12 Last