ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

These aren't slights against Jabari. The kid is phenomenal. Does everything. Needs to get better on defense, but he will shine under Coach K.

He was far and away the best player in the class until Wiggins reclassified.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Parker's good, but a bit overhyped.

Surprised he didn't pick MSU. Izzo's been recruiting the kid basically since he's been in diapers.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    These aren't slights against Jabari. The kid is phenomenal. Does everything. Needs to get better on defense, but he will shine under Coach K.

He was far and away the best player in the class until Wiggins reclassified.
    I think these rankings are bullshit anyway. Look at this year, perfect example. Nerlens Noel.....everyone said this dude is incredible, all-universe, can do anything, is unstoppable. What a bunch of shit. The kid is good but you know what? Rasheed Sulaimon has been just as good offensively, and worlds better defensively than Noel.

I'll give you another example. Take a look at a guy like Amile Jefferson on Duke. This dude could start for most teams in the country easily. Long arms, good offensive rebounder, can score, plays strong tough D, can post up, slash and shoot.

He might be the best 6th man in the country. Yet, the people who do the rankings had him down as a so-so prospect. He is making all of them look like fools.

So who knows who''s really the #1 prospect? It's all conjecture until they prove it on the court.

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Neither duke nor Kentucky will win next year. Everyone knows the right one or two freshman surrounded by upper class men can get a championship but when your starting 3-5 freshmen with no real upper class men anchors (Kentucky your team this year and every year going forward if cal keeps recruiting like this) than you will be good but not national championship good.

three teams that have monster recruiting classes coming in that will have the solid upperclassmen for a championship:

1.florida
    2. Indiana
    3. Cuse

sju1745
    sju1745's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lets put it this way, Wiggins would have been number #1 pick last year, this year and next year. Jabari would be a lottery pick.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by sju1745 View Post
    Lets put it this way, Wiggins would have been number #1 pick last year, this year and next year. Jabari would be a lottery pick.
    Maybe. Wiggins was never named National Player of the Year like Jabari was. Wiggins never led his teams to any state titles like Jabari has.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    Maybe. Wiggins was never named National Player of the Year like Jabari was. Wiggins never led his teams to any state titles like Jabari has.
    Different situations. Mainly the Canada part.

It's not fair to Jabari to be compared to Wiggins. The guy is already physically ahead of LeBron at the same age.

Listen, I see most of these kids, because I love attending AAU tournaments, and there hasn't been a prospect like Wiggins since I can remember. (I wasn't watching AAU when Melo or Bron etc were making their way through).

I am a big Chicago guy, will back basically anything that comes out of that area until I have a reason not to. Wiggins is an absolute freak.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Different situations. Mainly the Canada part.

It's not fair to Jabari to be compared to Wiggins. The guy is already physically ahead of LeBron at the same age.

Listen, I see most of these kids, because I love attending AAU tournaments, and there hasn't been a prospect like Wiggins since I can remember. (I wasn't watching AAU when Melo or Bron etc were making their way through).

I am a big Chicago guy, will back basically anything that comes out of that area until I have a reason not to. Wiggins is an absolute freak.
    Yet, Wiggins hasn't led his teams to shit. Melo, Bron, and Jabari all won with their teams or took them a long way. Wiggins hasn't done shit.

Jabari is already something Wiggins has never been....a winner.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Jabari isn't even the best player in Chicago. Junior Jahlil Okafor is going to be the best center in the NBA in 5 years. More skilled, stronger frame version of Anthony Davis.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Jabari isn't even the best player in Chicago. Junior Jahlil Okafor is going to be the best center in the NBA in 5 years. More skilled, stronger frame version of Anthony Davis.
    Kid is a beast. Really hoping he comes Arizona's way. I know we are recruiting him heavily. Paul White is also a very solid player out there.

Mac Irvin Fire is an awesome AAU squad.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

It's only an opinion. Saying a kid in high school is going to be the best center in the NBA in 5 years is a bit presumptuous.

Let's see how these guys do in college first.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

It's only an opinion. Saying a kid in high school is going to be the best center in the NBA in 5 years is a bit presumptuous.

Obviously it's an opinion. It was also an opinion when everyone said the high school Lebron would be the next great thing.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    they said that this year also .. and look where they are ... a team wins championships not 1 or 2 freshman

plus coach k > cal any day of the week
    conference play hasn't even started.

sharp post...

ChalkyDog

Cousins is the best center in the game right now, and this kid has a similar style.

Also a reason Jabari has won anything is due to Okafor.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Cousins is the best center in the game right now, and this kid has a similar style.

Also a reason Jabari has won anything is due to Okafor.
    Okafor plays for a different school.

ChalkyDog

Okafor plays for a different school.
    AAU, Mac Irvin Fire. Awesome squad.

I don't get out to see many actual HS games. AAU is just so much more accessible, with way more consistent talent.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

AAU, Mac Irvin Fire. Awesome squad.

I don't get out to see many actual HS games. AAU is just so much more accessible, with way more consistent talent.
    Oh OK. Well you said anything. Hasn't Jabari won 3 state titles, without Okafor?

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Tommy Heinson once siad during a Bulls/Celtics preseason tilt that in a couple years Eddy Curry would be the best center in the league.....

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

I think Jabari, right now, is the better overall player in terms of overall skillset.

Jabari can and has played point guard. He's the better passer and more polished offensively.

First 12