Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

I have said over the yrs

If I owned a Book I would NOT be candy store (player friendly) fuk y'all

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

That $1.5M figure that keeps getting tossed around seems very low to me.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Why not ?

a 'chance' of recouping a stiffed balance is better than no chance
    Definitely, but between the required rollover, fees, risk in not being able to withdraw in a timely manner, and chance that your book goes belly up after the acquisition make this likely a -EV play.
    That being said, if I had funds in BI, I would likely jump at the opportunity.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by KGambler View Post
    It is not 1.5 million..it is higher than that

Sam Odom

No way 'outsiders' know the real #

Probably only a handful of people know

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    What exactly is the article telling us that we don't already know and haven't discussed in one of the 400 threads the last two days?

That clock though...wow
    Well, look at posts #5 and #7. It appears that this has not been repeated enough yet.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

One article I read said over 350 people, so lets assume 400, that's an average of about 4k per account, there is absolutely no chance in hell it was that high, unless the clientele number was actually larger.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I scanned your latest opus after responding to one final PM and I wish I never had. I'd always heard you were a bit messed up but just figured people were exaggerating but you are pretty low bringing the abuse of innocent boys into a thread like this at all. This will be the last time I acknowledge you unless it's about SBR policy in the future and I'm forced to. GL with nothing.
    LMAO youre a case study, in EVERY response to this or anything you divert it from the topic to the person making the comment or to some other entity that could possibly be deem similar.

Either Covers versus SBR, Me versus whatever, I am surprised you have brought up Aces Gold and used that as a comparison to BI.

Either way you obviously dont know anything or really dont want to do anything but try and confuse people even more. But thats what whores do. You get paid you do what youre told to do.

But I am sure they chose you to be the spokes person because youre female and you got chummy with guys at the last bash and people actual thought you might be human rather than whatever they thought about you before. So you made a lot of 'friends' and SBR thinks a friendly face and someone guys fel for (for lack of a better term) would be the perfect person to smooth things over.

So again the con continues. You guys are minor league, but luckily for you by the looks of this thread enough people are continuing to buy into the bullshit here.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I scanned your latest opus after responding to one final PM and I wish I never had. I'd always heard you were a bit messed up but just figured people were exaggerating but you are pretty low bringing the abuse of innocent boys into a thread like this at all. This will be the last time I acknowledge you unless it's about SBR policy in the future and I'm forced to. GL with nothing.
    agree with shari here. fair game to bash betislands/sbr but comparing stuff to child rape is WAY over the line.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    agree with shari here. fair game to bash betislands/sbr but comparing stuff to child rape is WAY over the line.
    I compared it to the cover up not the act, seriously you guys are really dense....

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    I compared it to the cover up not the act, seriously you guys are really dense....
    fair enough. here's a nice video for you, pause it at the 3:17 mark and you can see sbr's logo on a betislands banner in the sbr offices. the banner is much clearer at the 3:40 mark, but then you can't see the bottom of it.

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

[QUOTE=PhillyFlyers;17194128]OK Trace. I did what you said. I went to Saloon and read the "bye guys" thread.

I see nothing, other than conspiracy theories, that can implicate SBR in any way for what happened at BI.

So John had a few beers with SSLP. What the fukk does that prove? John has met Opie........OPIE YOU FUKK....YOU MUST BE IN ON IT TOO!..........SHARI.....you know Opie.......YOU BITCH!.........YOU MUST BE IN ON IT TOO!

See where this fukkin bullshit is going? It's bullshit.

SBR had nothing to do with what happened at BI. The only thing SBR can be blamed for, is not spotting that BI was going to fail and warn their players about it in time as far as I can tell. Even still, SBR can't be expected to monitor every fukkin shady gambling operation that comes along can it?[/QUOTE]

We can expect it to monitor sites that it has rated at B and has said it has verified the backing is well respected industry members and well funded.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

A lot of sites are tripping over themselves to chime in, even if it's just copy and pasting posts, can guarantee these people aren't on the horn or trying to look for buyers in this unimaginably difficult situation for players. I thought CalvinAyre's site wrote a fair article overall, but these little mom and pop joints are more concerned with fluffing themselves up to stay relevant.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    as an unbiased observer who had no funds at bi.... i wholeheartedly agree with the article.

how did sbr not know when red flags were popping up everywhere? how did sbr not know what with their resources, connections and insiders when other watchdog sites were sounding the alarm about bi a month prior?

the fact is, sbr did know. they chose to ignore all the warning signs due to their close personal relationship with sslp/jon.

now im not saying they were in cahoots, but they did certainly afford him numerous benefit of the doubts that they would never have done for any other book.

just a day before sslp took off with players funds, bill was still here defending them. he defended them to the bitter end. this action or inaction cost players additional $100,000s because bi was still accepting deposits til just a few days ago.

the fact is sbr put their personal friendship with sslp ahead of the welfare of the bettors they swore to protect.

heads need to roll for this if sbr hopes to rebuild their credibility and reputation.... but i doubt anything will happen. will just get swept under the rug as always.... business as usual.
    very hard to argue with any of this.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    How is people gullable trace....not to stomp on your ego son but you played there while others knew from the beginning that the hustle didn't smell right
    Tracer wasnt gullable. Tracer was Ignorant. There is a big difference. I didnt know that a scrawny tattoed up crackhead was the one taking bets. I played there flawlessly for 2 years and was always paid. But, being gullable is thinking that walker is completely innocent. Even after seeing the sslp thread, and knowing what happened here the last week. It is clear the SBR was in bed with these fukks, and not just some innocent bystander. If you still dont believe that, then that is gullable. Just like when I made that thread last week to set all of this in motion. I knew I was being hustled at that point and blew it up. I got bashed, called a bunch of names. But I knew what the deal was from last monday. I was ignorant up until that point. But I am a street hustler myself so I called bullshit and knew I wasnt getting paid. Anything after that would have been being gullable. If you think JOHN WALKER is a clueless innocent bystander,with all this sslp information, then you sir, are gullable.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    as an unbiased observer who had no funds at bi.... i wholeheartedly agree with the article.

how did sbr not know when red flags were popping up everywhere? how did sbr not know what with their resources, connections and insiders when other watchdog sites were sounding the alarm about bi a month prior?

the fact is, sbr did know. they chose to ignore all the warning signs due to their close personal relationship with sslp/jon.

now im not saying they were in cahoots, but they did certainly afford him numerous benefit of the doubts that they would never have done for any other book.

just a day before sslp took off with players funds, bill was still here defending them. he defended them to the bitter end. this action or inaction cost players additional $100,000s because bi was still accepting deposits til just a few days ago.

the fact is sbr put their personal friendship with sslp ahead of the welfare of the bettors they swore to protect.

heads need to roll for this if sbr hopes to rebuild their credibility and reputation.... but i doubt anything will happen. will just get swept under the rug as always.... business as usual.
    best post of the day

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    A lot of sites are tripping over themselves to chime in, even if it's just copy and pasting posts, can guarantee these people aren't on the horn or trying to look for buyers in this unimaginably difficult situation for players. I thought CalvinAyre's site wrote a fair article overall, but these little mom and pop joints are more concerned with fluffing themselves up to stay relevant.

LMAO seriously?

If it is so horrible how about SBR divvy up all the money they got from that place? And all the kick backs specific peopel got donate their ill gotten gains as well.

Scumbag sell outs having the balls to come in with a holier than thou attitude really takes the cake here.

But it shows just how stupid you think people are on this site when you have the balls to actually type that shit and expect people to believe it.

But citing Calvin Ayres as your seemingly lone backer isnt really a positive.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

trace go hit that little scrawny crackhead up.

anyways sbr has this to say about b rated books

"Good, minimal risk to players funds. Top 10% of all books."

i think they actually have their ass covered on this one. if they had rated betislands a, then i think guys would have more to complain about, either way it sucks this happened, i personally dont really few safe having more then a few thousand anywhere especially after black friday hit the poker industry.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    Tracer wasnt gullable. Tracer was Ignorant. There is a big difference. I didnt know that a scrawny tattoed up crackhead was the one taking bets. I played there flawlessly for 2 years and was always paid. But, being gullable is thinking that walker is completely innocent. Even after seeing the sslp thread, and knowing what happened here the last week. It is clear the SBR was in bed with these fukks, and not just some innocent bystander. If you still dont believe that, then that is gullable. Just like when I made that thread last week to set all of this in motion. I knew I was being hustled at that point and blew it up. I got bashed, called a bunch of names. But I knew what the deal was from last monday. I was ignorant up until that point. But I am a street hustler myself so I called bullshit and knew I wasnt getting paid. Anything after that would have been being gullable. If you think JOHN WALKER is a clueless innocent bystander,with all this sslp information, then you sir, are gullable.
    Not gullable at all...even when you made the thread that Monday about 25 minutes later on post 17 I told what happen...also not my place if they was bystanders or not...I never played there

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

But citing Calvin Ayres as your seemingly lone backer isnt really a positive.
    Just look up top and you will see why.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post

i think they actually have their ass covered on this one. if they had rated betislands a, then i think guys would have more to complain about, either way it sucks this happened, i personally dont really few safe having more then a few thousand anywhere especially after black friday hit the poker industry.
    I dont even blame them. The game is about making money. I just laugh at dudes that think walker is completely innocent and didnt know shit. I was in this boat 2 days ago. I said walker was getting a raw deal. But after all the sslp talk came out, I started to realize that they were in bed together.

ProfitBettingSov
    ProfitBettingSov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

Compare that to SBR, who backed this book, sold ridiculous claims of them being financially solid, to the point of recommending them to their posters. Then, until a poster on the site reveals what has happened, the rating remains a 'B', which is only downgraded to a 'C' after a poster reveals what is going on at BI.

Either SBR were involved with BI, or they were made to look like massive, massive fools by those running BI.

Either way, it doesn't look good for SBR or it's employees.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Not gullable at all...even when you made the thread that Monday about 25 minutes later on post 17 I told what happen...also not my place if they was bystanders or not...I never played there
    Not saying you were gullable. I posted that to phillyflyers. Guy is still defending walker when it is obvious that there is a connection.

Sam Odom

Lou , would you take Stock Market advice from Calvin ?

Last edited by Sam Odom; 12-20-12 at 11:25 AM.

wantitall4moi

there was a reason why they were only rated a B. Its called plausible deniability and how SBR John and all the other flunkies that get paid here have the balls to try and defend themselves.

I wouldnt bet my lifeon it, but I would lay -200 that SBR knew from the first day, wouldnt be surprised if they helped set the kid up initially in Costa Rica.

Where el;se does some one like this idiot get contacts down there? He isnt exactly the model for a business loan, and I am sure he didnt have two nickles to rub together either by the looks of some of his picks and comments.

So where did he get the initial funding? From another defunct book?

The trail is long and convoluted, or maybe it is made to seem that way. There is just enough in all directions to make a case of reasonable doubt all around. Basically there is enough evidence to convict everyone, but is everyone guilty?

Pepple get away with it because they have always gotten away with it because all people do is chirp and talk about shit.

All I can say is I have never been scammed by any book, gotten paid 100% of all money ever owed to me (aside from accounts started as contest winnings at books I wouldnt play at anyway, even with the free money) and it is a good thing too. Because how some of these low life scumbag pieces of shit are still walking around breathing is a mystery to me. The list is long and just gotlonger, and every future con man who see the list and say "how many got killed?" "how many got beat down?", "how many had anything done to them othe than getting called some bad names?" and when they hear the answer is zero to every question why not do the same thing?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

there was a reason why they were only rated a B. Its called plausible deniability and how SBR John and all the other flunkies that get paid here have the balls to try and defend themselves.

I wouldnt bet my lifeon it, but I would lay -200 that SBR knew from the first day, wouldnt be surprised if they helped set the kid up initially in Costa Rica.

Where el;se does some one like this idiot get contacts down there? He isnt exactly the model for a business loan, and I am sure he didnt have two nickles to rub together either by the looks of some of his picks and comments.

So where did he get the initial funding? From another defunct book?

The trail is long and convoluted, or maybe it is made to seem that way. There is just enough in all directions to make a case of reasonable doubt all around. Basically there is enough evidence to convict everyone, but is everyone guilty?

Pepple get away with it because they have always gotten away with it because all people do is chirp and talk about shit.

All I can say is I have never been scammed by any book, gotten paid 100% of all money ever owed to me (aside from accounts started as contest winnings at books I wouldnt play at anyway, even with the free money) and it is a good thing too. Because how some of these low life scumbag pieces of shit are still walking around breathing is a mystery to me. The list is long and just gotlonger, and every future con man who see the list and say "how many got killed?" "how many got beat down?", "how many had anything done to them othe than getting called some bad names?" and when they hear the answer is zero to every question why not do the same thing?
    good post man, pretty obvious they were in bed with each other, i was more pointing out that they had a built in excuse for the duplicity already by saying "hey pinnacle 5dimes legends etc. are still better then this place."

ProfitBettingSov

good post man, pretty obvious they were in bed with each other, i was more pointing out that they had a built in excuse for the duplicity already by saying "hey pinnacle 5dimes legends etc. are still better then this place."
    SBR had WSEX rated 'A' and we know how that ended up.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by ProfitBettingSov View Post
    SBR had WSEX rated 'A' and we know how that ended up.
    u know how it ended up yet youve only been here since july

ProfitBettingSov

u know how it ended up yet youve only been here since july
    Not the brightest, are you.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

C'mon man

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by ProfitBettingSov View Post
    Not the brightest, are you.
    obviously multiaccounting troll, hopefully ur banned.

milwaukee mike

you know it's a big deal when fishhead comes out of sbr posting retirement to make some posts

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26835

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    My man, do you hear what you are actually saying?

You really want me to believe that SBR colluded with a FUKKIN POSTER on the forum to scam people out of $1.5 million and that they planned this as you say, "from the jump"?

Let me ask you......do you have any actual evidence to back up your conspiracy theory? Something tells me I'll be waiting for a loooooong time for it.
    just one question philly.

if this was known in costa rica for over a month how did sbr not know what was going on?

First 123456 Last