brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

American to try Australian Footy !

Do any of you know of this guy????

FORMER US college basketballer Eric Wallace has joined North Melbourne as an international rookie.

Wallace, who turned 24 last Thursday, started a 10-day trial with the Kangaroos last week.

Scott told AFL.com.au last week North would use that time to assess Wallace's character before making a final decision.

"Eric's got some terrific athletic potential with his size, power, speed and agility, all those things are fantastic," Scott said.

"The primary thing we are looking for is we really just want to see Eric as a person.

"We saw Eric at the [Draft] Combine and we're right across his athletic testing, but really we just want to get to know him personally so we can make an assessment as to whether he's going to fit the mould of our group and the culture of our club."

Wallace was one of 10 international athletes to attend and test at October's NAB AFL Draft Combine. At 196cm and 102kg he recorded an 80cm standing vertical jump (in the top 3 per cent of results) and ran 2.90 seconds in the 20m sprint.

brettels

brettels

Coopertrooper
    Coopertrooper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can't say I know anything about him, but it certainly will be interesting to see how he ends up going.

brettels

Yeah cooper, how's the drought without footy?

Anyway these sbr Americans obviously don't know who he is and obviously I need to get back to there world and send a message!!!

penetrate you bet islands you have tainted the industry what a joke!

I'm not sure if sbr gamblers look beyond line movements to bet and don't study players etc

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

AFL players are a joke. This F list athlete will dominate once he's acclimated. American Kneegrows, even many white Americans, will destroy any athletes over there. Little twinks and abos running around in short shorts lmfao

Coopertrooper

It is strange brettels, trying not to play too much but sometime I have a go at the horses, can't wait for it to be back.

And ahh, now the thread is being trolled. Considering my club just dumped a yank after about 5 years because he was never good enough to even press for a game, it makes him look a bit silly

brettels

haha, yeah i guess sunde91 is a bit insecure. It's funny how Australians have succeeded at NFL as retired aussie footballers but not 1 american comes to mind as being successful at Aussie rules. We all know it's because AFL is too athletic for them.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

never heard of him

Bbr
    Bbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 414

Quote Originally Posted by brettels View Post
    haha, yeah i guess sunde91 is a bit insecure. It's funny how Australians have succeeded at NFL as retired aussie footballers but not 1 american comes to mind as being successful at Aussie rules. We all know it's because AFL is too athletic for them.
    haha SIT THE FK DOWN AMERI*
    Last edited by shari91; 12-28-12 at 04:46 AM. Reason: language

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Guy needs to lose 15lb or so of muscle if his body is to survive the rigours of AFL.

Hope one of these yanks comes good someday. The sport would love the exposure..

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Those Aussies will eat him alive

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Quote Originally Posted by Bbr View Post

haha SIT THE FK DOWN AMERI*

lol burn cause a few AFL players come to the NFL and punt? The Big Time. And nobody even knows or cares an Aus is on the team. Compared to when an F list American goes to Aus it's a huge event ahahaha

Nice change of tone. You didn't make this thread as an antagonist. You made it like a kid on Christmas all excited that an F list American athlete was coming to the AFL. "!" "Any of you know this guy???" like a needy little kid who thinks it's so great an American would give the sport the time of day. Who's insecure?

Fact: If Kobe Bryant came to play AFL, it would be the biggest media event in the history of AFL by a country mile
    Fact: Nobody is aware of the existence of AFL outside Aus
    Fact: You are butt hurt I pissed on AFL
    Last edited by shari91; 12-28-12 at 04:46 AM. Reason: edited quote
    Points Awarded:

darkhat gave Sunde91 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

darkhat gave Sunde91 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: darkhat, and hels

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    lol burn cause a few AFL players come to the NFL and punt? The Big Time. And nobody even knows or cares an Aus is on the team. Compared to when an F list American goes to Aus it's a huge event ahahaha

Nice change of tone. You didn't make this thread as an antagonist. You made it like a kid on Christmas all excited that an F list American athlete was coming to the AFL. "!" "Any of you know this guy???" like a needy little kid who thinks it's so great an American would give the sport the time of day. Who's insecure?

Fact: If Kobe Bryant came to play AFL, it would be the biggest media event in the history of AFL by a country mile
    Fact: Nobody is aware of the existence of AFL outside Aus
    Fact: You are butt hurt I pissed on AFL

Sorrry pal. I am actually an AFL stud and I do not live in aussie.

tb1984
    tb1984's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1083

Anyway these sbr Americans obviously don't know who he is and obviously I need to get back to there world and send a message!!!

I'm not sure if sbr gamblers look beyond line movements to bet and don't study players etc
    Obviously, he's not popular. Also, you could obviously always google about him.

I don't why you think that Americans should know every single athlete in the country.

brettels

Quote Originally Posted by tb1984 View Post
    Obviously, he's not popular. Also, you could obviously always google about him.

I don't why you think that Americans should know every single athlete in the country.
    Gamblers here should know the players and not just watch line movements!

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Aussie football give me a break

ussie anything

Outback is OK....I like the blooming onion

brettels

Can't come up with a worthy argument can he

Coopertrooper

Wow, what is this place for? I would've thought it would be for sharing information for the benefit of everyone trying to look at every angle, even if it is a US-dominated forum. But it seems this place is mostly full of idiots having a pissing match and spitting out insults using terrible grammar. Think I'll stick to this section, can't imagine how bad the rest of the forum must be getting...

tb1984

Quote Originally Posted by Coopertrooper View Post
    Wow, what is this place for? I would've thought it would be for sharing information for the benefit of everyone trying to look at every angle, even if it is a US-dominated forum. But it seems this place is mostly full of idiots having a pissing match and spitting out insults using terrible grammar. Think I'll stick to this section, can't imagine how bad the rest of the forum must be getting...
    Just ask OP who insulted whom first?

Coopertrooper

Just ask OP who insulted whom first?
    Not saying it is a one-way street that I've seen a few times on here, just sick of how often it seems to pop up!

A bit of banter and saying there is a lack of interest/information is one thing, but we are here to help each other are we not?

tb1984

Quote Originally Posted by Coopertrooper View Post
    Not saying it is a one-way street that I've seen a few times on here, just sick of how often it seems to pop up!

A bit of banter and saying there is a lack of interest/information is one thing, but we are here to help each other are we not?
    Sure, I agree with you that we are here to help each other to beat books. But, as you know it's an internet forum just like any others, Where people(some) are not responsible for what they say...So, sometimes you just have to ignore them. You don't find any useful information in "Players Talk" here, but just entertainment and "garbage". Sub-forums are where you can have serious conversation about games(mostly).

Lookingtostart
    Lookingtostart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4542

Because they're stupid, lazy, fat, gluttonous and all they care about is sport. Trust them to know the finer details of bullshit. Now you know.

brettels

So it's ok for "the others" to bite (got instant troll) but can't bite back? SBR is by far the most trolled forum I've ever seen.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Hope he does well. Can only help having more international interest in the league. V8 Supercars and A-League have done well in that area in recent years.

brettels

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Hope he does well. Can only help having more international interest in the league. V8 Supercars and A-League have done well in that area in recent years.
    What is A-league? Just kidding!

ACoochy

I kinda feel sorry for Del Piero in a way. Guy goes from a club that went undefeated all season to a side that just had its 1st win with him in the side after 2 months plus of trying

brettels

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    I kinda feel sorry for Del Piero in a way. Guy goes from a club that went undefeated all season to a side that just had its 1st win with him in the side after 2 months plus of trying
    Who is Del Piero? Not kidding!

garygroundwork
    garygroundwork's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12445

I hope the big fella does well seems like a good bloke...unfortunately i think he will be lost out on the field for a while. Fingers crossed in a few years he can make an impression and hopefully attract some more Americans to the sport.

As for you ignorant people criticising the game...until you get out there and play the game yourself, you have absolutely no idea the level of fitness, courage and skill level required..until you do this shut the penetrate up..you are making yourselves look like a bunch of tools

ACoochy

Lmao brettels...

Italian who last played for Juventus and regarded as an icon among soccer fans...

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

I don't think you were kidding with the first one

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

guy looks like a beast. way bigger than most players and faster than alot of them too.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

any AFL fans got any updates on this guy?

http://www.nmfc.com.au/player-profile/eric-wallace

looks like he plays for a minor league team of the club?