bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Cant the entire country of Canada afford a team better than the Raptors?

Sure sure the Charlotte Bobcats last year were terrible...even though the season was shortened it is safe to say they were the worst ever, but they basically fired the entire team and now the team is entirely different, still sucky but not unbelievably sucky

The Canadian Raptors (theres only one non-hockey big 4 sports team in Canada so I think they should change the name from Toronto to Canada and own up to it) are the worst team in the NBA, they are horrawful every year but this year they just show up get beat by 20 and go back to plowin snow in Canada...I mean wtf you represent the entire country...anybody in Canada that likes basketball has only one place to turn, hell anybody in Canada that like any sport other than hockey has only one place to turn....and this is what you give them?

Is the owner a cheapskate?

Do Canadians just hate every sport other than ice skating?

Do decent players refuse to go to Canada or ask for too much of a premium to live where it snows 363 days a year (their spring/summer seasons are 1 day each)?

WTF?

blanco
    blanco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1143

ya none of the big name guys wanna live in Canada away from everything. Buncha dwight howards these days

money has ruined the nba

JayDeezy
    slow money's better than no money
    JayDeezy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Doesn't matter if the owner is cheap or not, if players don't want to sign here. The only way to get players to sign here is to have a winning culture, and I'm not convinced it will happen when our franchise player is really at best a 6th man on a contender. Me personally, I have no problem with them stinking up the joint for a cpl more years, so we can get high draft picks and build a winner from the ground up like OKC... then, and only then, will the stars want to sign over here.

And don't even think abt suggesting we take back Vince Carter. Helllll nooooo.

bettilimbroke999

Actually given how Howard is playing for the Lakers right now he may be playing for the Raptors next year but I see what you're saying

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Rogers Communications just spent a lot on the Blue Jays so maybe in the future they'll look at the Raptors too...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dj_destroyer

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by JayDeezy View Post
    Doesn't matter if the owner is cheap or not, if players don't want to sign here. The only way to get players to sign here is to have a winning culture, and I'm not convinced it will happen when our franchise player is really at best a 6th man on a contender. Me personally, I have no problem with them stinking up the joint for a cpl more years, so we can get high draft picks and build a winner from the ground up like OKC... then, and only then, will the stars want to sign over here.

And don't even think abt suggesting we take back Vince Carter. Helllll nooooo.
    Theyve been stinking up the place for 10 years...how many fukin draft picks do you Canadians need? What are you guys on a 15 year rebuilding plan?

Raptors havent done shit in 10 years the only thing I've ever even heard of the Raptors doing was when they let Kobe score 81 on em which basically is like saying their entire team couldnt beat Kobe and 4 guys from the YMCA

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Sure sure the Charlotte Bobcats last year were terrible...even though the season was shortened it is safe to say they were the worst ever, but they basically fired the entire team and now the team is entirely different, still sucky but not unbelievably sucky

The Canadian Raptors (theres only one non-hockey big 4 sports team in Canada so I think they should change the name from Toronto to Canada and own up to it) are the worst team in the NBA, they are horrawful every year but this year they just show up get beat by 20 and go back to plowin snow in Canada...I mean wtf you represent the entire country...anybody in Canada that likes basketball has only one place to turn, hell anybody in Canada that like any sport other than hockey has only one place to turn....and this is what you give them?

Is the owner a cheapskate?

Do Canadians just hate every sport other than ice skating?

Do decent players refuse to go to Canada or ask for too much of a premium to live where it snows 363 days a year (their spring/summer seasons are 1 day each)?

WTF?
    yes

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Rogers Communications just spent a lot on the Blue Jays so maybe in the future they'll look at the Raptors too...
    Unless they broadcast the games during comedy hour I dont see how there'd be an audience...who wants to watch a team get beat by 20 every game

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    no. raptors is owned by MLSE, their a billion dollar corporation, leafs are their priority. they'd let the raptors leave but honestly it's easily marketable to all the chinese in toronto, they love it.

JayDeezy
    slow money's better than no money
    JayDeezy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Theyve been stinking up the place for 10 years...how many fukin draft picks do you Canadians need? What are you guys on a 15 year rebuilding plan?

Raptors havent done shit in 10 years the only thing I've ever even heard of the Raptors doing was when they let Kobe score 81 on em which basically is like saying their entire team couldnt beat Kobe and 4 guys from the YMCA
    Nah, you have to remember that the franchise as a whole has a history of being poorly managed and making HORRIBLE draft picks in the past (i still cringe @ Rafael Araujo) and also letting gems slip away. Kobe Bryant once famously (around here, anyway) said that if the Carter/T-Mac split up never occurred, the Lakers would have been meeting the Raps in the finals on the regular. The aches and pains of being a homer, reality is, every dog has its day, look how long Boston had to wait for that world series title... not gonna jump ship just because they're hated and looked down on collectively, I rep my team, what can I say? I WILL bet against them though, as long as they keep tanking for picks. Cashed in on them tonite.

CanuckG

Quote Originally Posted by vaas187 View Post
    no. raptors is owned by MLSE, their a billion dollar corporation, leafs are their priority. they'd let the raptors leave but honestly it's easily marketable to all the chinese in toronto, they love it.
    Who do you think has a big % in MLSE? Rogers Communications

Raptors suck but look

Toronto Raptors (NBA)
    • Valued at $382 million USD in 2012, the Raptors are the twelfth most valuable team in the NBA[15]

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just to add salt to the wound the Raptors and Blazers shot 3-41 on 3 pters. Yeah 3-41. That's 7.3% with only the Raptors making the 3... at least the Raptors won something on Monday night...

shimeon40
    shimeon40's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hows that raptors player johnson getting ejected for tug o war of ball with ref..wtf??..amazing vision ..then he tried punching at some guy as being ejected..wheres the discipline there..they have got problems there..wonder what he said to ref..threw his mouthguard at him anyway..what do u get for that behaviour..6 games perhaps

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Once upon a time in Raptor land...

Name:  vinsanity.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  48.7 KB

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

The Canadian Raptors (theres only one non-hockey big 4 sports team in Canada so I think they should change the name from Toronto to Canada and own up to it) are the worst team in the NBA.
    What big 4 sports are you talking about? Normally I assume football, basketball, baseball and hockey?

Forgetting about the Jays?

CanuckG

Raptors, Leafs, Jays and.....................

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

the raptors had their chance when they had carter and mcgrady on the same team and fools didn't know the gold they struck with mcgrady and then let him go. idiots.

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    the raptors had their chance when they had carter and mcgrady on the same team and fools didn't know the gold they struck with mcgrady and then let him go. idiots.
    he emphatically said he didn't want to stay no matter much money we would give him

raptors suck but i will still go to their games as well a lot of torontoians, gotta support the team, don't want to end like them teamless losers in hongcouver

CanuckG

Quote Originally Posted by SteelRain View Post
    he emphatically said he didn't want to stay no matter much money we would give him

raptors suck but i will still go to their games as well a lot of torontoians, gotta support the team, don't want to end like them teamless losers in hongcouver
    Fan support wasnt an issue in hongcouver

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Been a while since a fan base has hated a player as much as the Craptors fans hate Bargnani right now.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Players will not go to the raptors as long as the tax structure is the way it is..point blank! If a player is drafted and is any good they will leave....

shimeon40
    shimeon40's Avatar Become A Pro!

Steel Rain..you are the exact reason toronto raptors have their current problems..you are one of many apathetic supporters they have that fumbles $200 over at the counter on game day then proceeds to sit and eat and spill coke over himself..you need to get to training days,offer advice on how they can improve..make a few banner for game day with support msgs written on it..start getting more involved with your team.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by Jago2008 View Post
    Just to add salt to the wound the Raptors and Blazers shot 3-41 on 3 pters. Yeah 3-41. That's 7.3% with only the Raptors making the 3... at least the Raptors won something on Monday night...
    3 for 41 WTF? Did they let Dwight Howard shoot all the 3s or something...unreal how some of these guys even get drafted but congrats on the Raptors 3 triples...thats probably a franchise record

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer View Post
    What big 4 sports are you talking about? Normally I assume football, basketball, baseball and hockey?

Forgetting about the Jays?

I did forget about the Jays...to be fair though baseball, hockey (except for the fights), NASCAR (except for the crashes) and soccer completely suck ass and the more I forget they exist the better

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

Raptors have a pretty talented team actually. There are big problems with the GM/coach (both of which are likely fired soon) and the players are tanking to oust them. Not to mention Calderon/Bargnani are tanking separately to be traded, and knowing the NBA LAL will pick up both & more for gasol.

uncynd
    America Jr
    uncynd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

I literally hate Collangelo, he's poison.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    Once upon a time in Raptor land...

Name:  vinsanity.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  48.7 KB
    Been 9 years since Carter was a Raptor (03-04 season)....I think its time to move forward

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Raptors are 12th most valuable team apparently worth like 400 million (thats like 50 mil per win each season) so more power to em, I guess all of Toronto goes to the games in hopes of seing the Craptors post their monthly W which usually only happens when the Bobcats or Pistons or WNBA teams come to town

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1848

Why can't New York City afford a better team?

They've been sucking for 40 years.

NBA is a joke, no one should watch it or support in any city anyway.

soul786
    soul786's Avatar Become A Pro!

Raps are a joke, Leafs are a joke, Jays have a chance but could easily be a joke...

Year after year its the same bs, here in Tdot we just root for teams south of the border; you'd be surprised how many non Toronto jerseys you see worn around town. Plus we're about 30% chinks and 30% foreigners who don't care much about these sports (Unless linsanity brings the show to town)

killersweet
    killersweet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9409

Unless they broadcast the games during comedy hour I dont see how there'd be an audience...who wants to watch a team get beat by 20 every game

Yes, Raptors have sucked since their Atlantic division win in 2006. Yes, they are off to a terrible start this year. Yes, they have had a brutal schedule and with this team’s talent it should be better than 4-18. But this team is fundamentally flawed. They have a 7 Foot C/PF who refuses to play at both ends of the floor. Yet he has been coddled for 6 years. And the team bought in to the coach’s defensive plan last year and suddenly tuned him out this year. You have a GM who is quite well respected around the league, but have been making mistakes with trades and free agent signings and wasting time fixing them. But I don’t think raptors are in any trouble attendance wise. They always have been in the middle of the NBA pack in terms of attendance. With hockey season gone, even with a terrible record, people are still showing up for the games. If you have a winning culture, the free agents will sign here. People forget that Vince Carter signed an extension here. Chris Bosh signed an extension here. They all left when the management made some awful moves and the teams became terrible. Right now the GM and Bustnani have to go!

RJKing
    RJKing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3847

Toronto sports teams suck. CFL doesn't count.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Why can't New York City afford a better team?

They've been sucking for 40 years.

NBA is a joke, no one should watch it or support in any city anyway.
    Actually the Knicks are probably the 2nd best team in the league this year...your head is firmly placed inside your asshole sir

Comparing the Craptors to the Knicks is like comparing you to Babe Ruth

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by soul786 View Post
    Raps are a joke, Leafs are a joke, Jays have a chance but could easily be a joke...

Year after year its the same bs, here in Tdot we just root for teams south of the border; you'd be surprised how many non Toronto jerseys you see worn around town. Plus we're about 30% chinks and 30% foreigners who don't care much about these sports (Unless linsanity brings the show to town)
    I saw alot of Indians (not the ones that dance to make it rain but the ones that work in call centers) in Toronto when I went...it was weird I was thinking Canada was all white (my mental image was a bunch of smokin hot white snow bunnies) then went up there and thought Id taken a wrong turn and wound up in Asia

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1848

Actually the Knicks are probably the 2nd best team in the league this year...your head is firmly placed inside your asshole sir

Comparing the Craptors to the Knicks is like comparing you to Babe Ruth
    Great 20 game sample. Let me know how that works out for you at the end of the nba season.

How many championships have the Knicks won since the Raptors came into the league? Both zero. Equal comparison.
    Last time the Knicks played the Raptors in the playoffs, Raptors won.
    Points Awarded:

smarotta09 gave k13 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

12 Last