texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7882

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    You aint got a fuking clue what you're talking about chief. Youtube royjones/antonio tarver 2 or roy jones glen johnson dont speak unless u have a clue bitch ass
    i wish i could marry all internet tough guys. i love them that much.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

I was so fuckin happy i won my bets and Marquez won since im Mexican and the he proceeded to kill the moment dedicating the victory to the new president of México which is a total disgrace since this guy robbed the elections. Shame on you Marquez....you are a disgrace for México.

gwills
    gwills's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 772

Quote Originally Posted by paw View Post
    Ohh I am sorry I didnt mean to interfere with your Poker playing ? How does it feel to know that you are a total Degenerate ? Your parents must be Proud of ya ?

He deserved it because his B.S with being a reborn christian was a LOAD OF CRAP from Day 1

If he would have stayed to booze and hookers everything would have been just fine. But no he has to pray 15 times a day ? Looks like it didnt work out to well for him did it ?
    shut up

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2745

The sad thing about this was when Bob Arum was asked if there was going to be a 5th fight...

His response: "Why not?"

Disappointing the way boxing has conducted itself over the years.

HBO was actually charging $60 for this event? There were tons of places online you could get this for free.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Statman View Post
    HBO was actually charging $60 for this event? There were tons of places online you could get this for free.
    Worth the cash for the HD feed, no occasional skips, and you get the world class broadcast team. Lampley and Merchant are the best. The other boxing commentators overdo it, those guys would just stop commentating during the boring action on the undercard and be honest about it.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Worth the cash for the HD feed, no occasional skips, and you get the world class broadcast team. Lampley and Merchant are the best. The other boxing commentators overdo it, those guys would just stop commentating during the boring action on the undercard and be honest about it.
    lol

It was an absolutely terrible broadcast, seems like every fight broadcast is the same.

OK so you have a huge event with all these huge celebrities and millions of people watching, I'm pretty sure people would have loved to see an interview with Romney, Magic, any of the various other celebrities they showed, yet, nothing.... (unless I missed these interviews)

After the fight they talk about Sergio Martinez landing a vicious ko of Paul Williams and Sergio Martinez is in one of the front rows yet no interview. They don't capture the energy of a fight in Vegas on the broadcast. The closest they got to capturing the energy was during the Mexican National Anthem.

Could have interviewed 50 cent about his Mayweather beef and his venture into bowing... nothing. Nobody in the fukkin world wants to listen to Larry Merchant and Jim Lampley.

The only thing good about the broadcast is Roy Jones provides quality boxing commentary.

The fact that they don't have some "hot sideline reporter" or whatever to conduct interviews is just weird. I don't get it.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    lol

It was an absolutely terrible broadcast, seems like every fight broadcast is the same.

OK so you have a huge event with all these huge celebrities and millions of people watching, I'm pretty sure people would have loved to see an interview with Romney, Magic, any of the various other celebrities they showed, yet, nothing.... (unless I missed these interviews)

After the fight they talk about Sergio Martinez landing a vicious ko of Paul Williams and Sergio Martinez is in one of the front rows yet no interview. They don't capture the energy of a fight in Vegas on the broadcast. The closest they got to capturing the energy was during the Mexican National Anthem.

Could have interviewed 50 cent about his Mayweather beef and his venture into bowing... nothing. Nobody in the fukkin world wants to listen to Larry Merchant and Jim Lampley.

The only thing good about the broadcast is Roy Jones provides quality boxing commentary.

The fact that they don't have some "hot sideline reporter" or whatever to conduct interviews is just weird. I don't get it.
    Roy Jones put in a solid effort. He's nowhere near as good as when they'd have Emanuel Steward (RIP), but Lampley and Merchant are the Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth of the boxing world.

Agree about the interviews etc but unsure I've ever seen that in an HBO PPV broadcast in recent memory. Have seen FOX do that for their little UFC deals with a chick reporter in stands. Would've been cool had they asked 50 to sit in for a few moments during the Gamboa fight.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    i wish i could marry all internet tough guys. i love them that much.
    He is right though..

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7882

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    He is right though..
    well, jones got his ass knocked out good by glen johnson, but i was at that fight, and it wasn't a hot ticket, and everyone knew jones was washed up. the tarver knockout, that was nowhere near as devastating as pacquiao. but it's all a matter of opinion. i think even with jones being washed up when he fought johnson, pac-man still got flattened harder, his head just didn't bounce off the mat. at least you could tell jones was alive.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

That was a boxing match folks. When you have 2 entertainers in there giving everyone a great show, 1 may go down like a sack of bricks. Both guys went toe to toe never fighting defensive. 2 of the greatest of this era right there.

Marv001
    Marv001's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great exciting fight and I haven't watched much fights. Way more entertaining then mayweather/marquez. I would say pacman got destroyed. He ate a counter punch that ended his night. I had him ahead in pts before the Ko.

First 12