sn15988
    sn15988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Need help with tools for sports betting

Hey all, very basic question from a newb to sports betting trying to make it as a grinder,

My question for you vets is are there any program / sites that are helpful to give me an edge or for convenience, anything at all that will help me out? I bet on BetOnline, my betting unit is $30, and I am only betting NBA and NFL.

Hope to hear from you guys, much appreciated.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

First off welcome.

Second, there is no magic site, or nobody here would have to work for a living. If you are trying to grind it out, opening accounts at multiple books will come in handy so that you can get the best available line.

Now for personal opinions... NFL is probably the hardest sport to bet, so few games, lines are sharp, difficult to find value. Many more betting opportunities in NBA, be careful until you know what you're doing or you can lose quick betting quarters, halves, etc. in the NBA.
    College sports have many more games, and many small markets, so finding value there is a bit more common. If you decide to venture into college bball, ken pomeroy's site has some great stats.

Again, welcome, and I'm sure others who have far more experience then me will be along to help you out.

sn15988

Yeah, I know there is no magic site that will help me, but I am sure there are a lot of tools that people trust to give them an edge.

One example even, that isn't an edge is the Spreadsheet on that SBR provides. I just started using it today and while it doesn't necessarily give me an edge, being able to see all my bets so organized and seeing what I have been doing that works and what hasn't is helpful.

Just looking for anything I can find, whether sites with analysis from respected handicappers etc because I really know nothing about the insides of betting, so anyone who can help me out I'll be forever in your debt!

Thanks for the welcome as well

Also - what are bets that are considered "sucker bets", the attractive bets that are really awful.. what are those so I don't fall into them. One last thing, how recommend is buying points? For example I have Denver tomorrow against Oakland and bought a point to make them -9.5 for the fear of them only winning by 10. Is this a donkey move or is it respectable? Also bought a point for Sunday Falcons -3.5 to make them -2.5 even though it cost me a bit of profit. Thanks guys!

Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

I have a nice Bet tracker that I use, its pretty good, but Im not certain how to insert a file...

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

sbrodds.com

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Not to be a dick, but search around. This site is a goldmine of info.

Not a lot of people like giving "their" edge. For a very basic, here's a site that has good stats, and is geared towards a gambler: http://www.teamrankings.com/

As far as tools, google and an excel spreadsheet that makes analyzing the data that is out there as automated as possible.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Change books to 5dimes and take reduced juice.

Bbr
    Bbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 414

Dont go to 5dimes.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

sbrodds.com

sn15988

Was actually considering to swapping to 5Dimes when I saw their juice..

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by sn15988 View Post
    Yeah, I know there is no magic site that will help me, but I am sure there are a lot of tools that people trust to give them an edge.

One example even, that isn't an edge is the Spreadsheet on that SBR provides. I just started using it today and while it doesn't necessarily give me an edge, being able to see all my bets so organized and seeing what I have been doing that works and what hasn't is helpful.

Just looking for anything I can find, whether sites with analysis from respected handicappers etc because I really know nothing about the insides of betting, so anyone who can help me out I'll be forever in your debt!

Thanks for the welcome as well

Also - what are bets that are considered "sucker bets", the attractive bets that are really awful.. what are those so I don't fall into them. One last thing, how recommend is buying points? For example I have Denver tomorrow against Oakland and bought a point to make them -9.5 for the fear of them only winning by 10. Is this a donkey move or is it respectable? Also bought a point for Sunday Falcons -3.5 to make them -2.5 even though it cost me a bit of profit. Thanks guys!
    There a handful of people here who have a clue, and a couple hundred who think they have a clue, so be careful. I haven't done the research, but from what I've heard, buying the points is advisable to get onto a key number, but you should never buy off of it. So getting Denver at -10, you probably shouldn't have bought down to -9.5, but if you got Denver at -10.5, so buying to -10 would have been okay. It also depends on what you are paying for the half point.

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

Buying points is not a good move 99 % of the time
    If i were you i would withdraw all your finds and find a better method to invest your money

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

sbrodds.com

play at books on the top of the page

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

team rankings is awesome on the side plays ats ,but only when its green across the board.
    --when their similar games,decision tree,power rating,and tr pick are all the same pick

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

The two sports that you are betting are the hardest to beat , look for the easier sports .

Mikeyanks23
    Welcome to Darkhat Nation
    Mikeyanks23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2046

TTo already said i what i was going to

sbrodds.com