Without going into boring details - I am basically so screwed whenever a wager I place comes down to field goals. I've been gambling high stakes on football for almost 10 years now and I can literally remember ONE time when I've had good luck on an "unlikely miss" - that being Romo's famous botched snap in Seattle in the 2007 playoffs.

On the other hand, I can literally not count on 2 hands the number of "unlikely misses" that have completely ****** me over the past 10 years. Garrett Hartley, David Akers (multiple times), Gostkowski, Janikowski, Gramatica, Gould, Vinitieri, Mare, Brien, and Rackers are all names of my tormenters. Some of them are borderline Pro Football Hall of Famers, but when my money is on the line David Akers has no problem missing kicks that he makes 90% of the time just to crush my soul (both St. Louis games were the final step in multiple huge parlays and teasers and ML bets for me. San Fran at St Louis this past weekend was the most painful gambling loss of my life).

(Final note - I'm very pragmatic and honest. I don't have "bad luck" on things like pick 6's or hail mary's or random fumbles, tipped interceptions, etc. That honestly balances out for me and it's about even given my expectations. It's just FG's that completely penetrate me beyond all reason and percentages)