orhane
    orhane's Avatar Become A Pro!

Need Some Advice with a System

Hello everyone,

this is my first post here at SBR Forums. I was a quiet reader for a long time and got really nice hints and information. I think now it is time to give something back to the community.

Please don't shoot me or hate on this as you read all of it. Maybe I can not really explain myself as english is not my first language. But I hope I can get some helpful insight on my problems.

Let me say this: I found a relatively working system but could only test it for about 250 games.
    Friday for example it went 11-0 ATS and 7-4 O/U in the NBA.
    My problem is that I can only input the data manually. I have no experience in programming and so I can not backtest the data long enough.

Overall from the beginning of the NBA Season the record is:

121-91 ATS
    130-96 O/U

Now I want to collect the data for nearly 5 or 4 seasons. Is there any way someone can help. If I can get significant results for the past seasons, I'd like to share the details.

degengamble
    degengamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Organe - I scraped Covers ATS data (sides and totals) from 2006 to date - would that help? If so ill post it later.

I can't PM because I don't have enough posts.

orhane

Quote Originally Posted by degengamble View Post
    Organe - I scraped Covers ATS data (sides and totals) from 2006 to date - would that help? If so ill post it later.

I can't PM because I don't have enough posts.
    Hi, thanks for the reply. It would help with 50% of my work.
    I collect the consensus and expert data as well.
    So more important for me is, how to collect this data backwards. Your data set is very helpful as well.

If you like I can share the details on the system with you.
    Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by shari91; 01-02-13 at 04:00 AM. Reason: removed personal info

degengamble
    degengamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Orhane not sure what you mean by "collect the data backwards"

As requested here is an excel spreadsheet that will allow you to import NBA Game / ATS results from Covers. All you have to do is select the SEASON you want to import from the dropdown and click the "IMPORT" button. The game logs for all the teams will be downloaded to the Covers Data tab.

I already imported 2007-2008 to 2011-2012 seasons - but if you want you can clear the blue cells in the Covers Data tab and start over or add to it. Anytime you import a season it is pasted below the last row.

I'm always interested in systems as long as they have been backtested and have shown good results over a large sample of games. It sounds like you are in the backtesting phase. Once you have things ironed out - I can help you with the excel automation portion.

DegenGamble
    Attached Files

orhane

Thank you so much. I will have a look into it and will reply in this thread.

orhane

the system is working very well. i take the data from teamrankings and covers to create win probabilities. if anyone is interested i can upload my spreadsheets or picks.

orhane

the system is overall 171-127 so far this year. with 33,74 profit on flat staking 1u per game.
    my fear is that it is only a fluke. to test this i need advice in creating a larger database. if anyone is interested in helping please reply to this thread or mail me.

to give further detail. i created a formula which depends on the predicted votes of consensus and experts picks in covers and i correlate it with teamrankings data. so i pick a side for ats and totals.

elchristo
    elchristo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 411

i'm very intrested!

sbrhedge
    sbrhedge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

need approximately 750 games for 90% confidence. keep testing and good luck.