Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Spurs fined 250K

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Seriously Stern deserves to have that entire wad of cash shoved up his ass.

No basis for the fine at all.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

peanuts

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Pops should be suspended for 10 games min. Someone remind him that resting his big boys has not won anything in years for his club.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

That's fukkin small money for an NBA team. That's 1 or 2 guys' game salary.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

chump change

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Pops should be suspended for 10 games min. Someone remind him that resting his big boys has not won anything in years for his club.
    They should of did that years ago then. Would be non issue if it wasn't a TNT national game

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Nazi basketball league

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

what evidence have you presented that him sitting players have not increase the number of team wins over the course of the season?

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

the spurs almost beat the heat. It came down to the last shot, so I don't see why the spurs are getting fined. If any team should get fined it should be the heat for almost losing to a bunch of no namers on their home floor on national TV.

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

Obviously this is a moot point, but if Ray Allen missed that three point shot and the Spurs held on to win everyone would be singing a different tune.

You would all be bowing to the genius of Pop.

Seems like a Stern punishment.

Time to get the jew David Stein out of his chair.

Sad thing is the succesor to most dictators is 10x worse.
    Last edited by Holtgetsback; 11-30-12 at 05:42 PM.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Unreal. How about the nba stop making shitty schedules and have a regular season that matters.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: invasian82

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

small change fine, this is just stern being annoyed coach pop decided to play god with his big time tv game.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Have the Refs been announced for the Spurs/Griz game on Saturday? I wouldn't be surprised to see Stern's lap dog, Joey Crawford, as one of the officials.
    Points Awarded:

Holtgetsback gave Roadtrip635 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    what evidence have you presented that him sitting players have not increase the number of team wins over the course of the season?

what has that done for them in terms of winning the title?

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Who cares....Stern being Stern. What a lovely man.

Would there be some kind of National uprising if the Tigers sat Miguel Cabrera and Prince Fielder for Sunday Night baseball? NBA continues to be a joke. Wake me up when the playoffs start.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Fine teams in every sport for resting starters late in the season
    Fine teams for pulling starters in blowouts
    Fine the Nats for being too cautious shutting down Strasburg

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Pop is just playing the schedule, sa literally did nothing wrong

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5045

WTF?

Starting linueps now have to be cleared by the Commissioner?

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like how this being the only Spurs game in Miami as part of his reasoning for the fine. Would he have fined if they rested against Orlando?

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

they better start fining teams that rest their starters at the end of the year too

lakerboy

If it was the last game of the season and the spurs needed the win to get a better seed would pops rest all those guys? Love how people defend this guy. None of the people on here had tickets for the game. I would not be too happy if i bought tickets for myself or clients and get there and find out is going to be a preseason game.

CDMKMP
    CDMKMP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    the spurs almost beat the heat. It came down to the last shot, so I don't see why the spurs are getting fined. If any team should get fined it should be the heat for almost losing to a bunch of no namers on their home floor on national TV.
    Yeah I'll cosign on all of this.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Seriously? 250 large? That's about 225k more than Riley was fined for the same thing and at least $200k too much. hope the Spurs tell him to stick it where the sun dont shine.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

pop knows regular season doesn't mean shit and so do the heat. regular season is getting more and more pointless

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

i bet most of that $$$ goes to buy food for fatass long-nose Stern

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post

Heat did not try hard. They knew they could take the night off and still win.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

FindtheLock - Stern said before the game that sanctions would come down on the Spurs so he had too no matter what the result.

This sets a precedent that has to be upheld when a team sits their starters now. Late in the season when playoff positions are already decided and the Heat sit James, Wade, Bosh and Allen they have to be fined, right? Non-playoff teams like the Raptors sitting Lowry, Bargani and DeRozan have to be fined, right?

Is this assumption wrong? <---- that's a question for other members of SBR to debate.

All I know is this fine demeans the integrity of the sport. The reasoning for the fine is this reasoning: less big name players -> less viewers -> less TV revenue. It is saying NBA is only about making money and not about winning championships. It makes me sympathize more greatly with the players when lockouts happen.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heat did not try hard. They knew they could take the night off and still win.
    Do you even watch basketball pal? A contested 3 point shot was the difference.

They may have taken the night off but winning was not a constant.

CDMKMP
    CDMKMP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

If it was the last game of the season and the spurs needed the win to get a better seed would pops rest all those guys? Love how people defend this guy. None of the people on here had tickets for the game. I would not be too happy if i bought tickets for myself or clients and get there and find out is going to be a preseason game.
    So what this shit happens all the time with questionable injuries/resting too. You owe it to your franchise to coach in the best interests of the team. Put your old-ass all-stars through a brutal schedule in the first quarter of the season, for what? One game's pride? I'd rather a championship. Regardless of what you think of their chances to win it all Pops can coach them whatever way he wants to give them their best chance, by his estimation.

I went to a Cavs game a few years ago and not only was Shaq injured, but Lebron was 'resting.' It made the matchup totally shit but those are the breaks. It didn't sour me on NBA for life. If Pop woulda said some BS like they had 'flu like symptoms' no one would care... but he's not a bullshitter.

Stern only cares because it was 'primetime vs the Heat' and thought it would cause an uproar ... but no one cared outside of degenerate gamblers and a single night's crowd (who still saw a competitive "down to the wire" game by the way). And they also got to see more highlight worthy clips of their Big 3 doing crazy shit.

The 250k fine amount is a joke, it's basically a bitch slap from Stern because it says "if you do it again this could get exponentially worse." It's a power play to let the Spurs know "what I say goes"
    Last edited by CDMKMP; 11-30-12 at 07:14 PM.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    Do you even watch basketball pal? A contested 3 point shot was the difference.

They may have taken the night off but winning was not a constant.

Heat were never gonna lose this game.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

If the game I watched last night was a bad product...I truly hope that fines start raining down on the Wizards and Pistons for putting out a shitty product on a nightly basis
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chi_archie

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heat were never gonna lose this game.
    Not with those refs on the court. Wade traveled

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

what has that done for them in terms of winning the title?
    it doesn't have to help them win the title. it only has to allow them win more games for it to be a good strategy.

its weird people that claim to be sports bettors don't understand the concept the spurs are implementing. if it give them an edge against other teams they are going to do it. they don't have to win. so if you want to claim it doesn't give them an edge, you are going to need to show it doesn't.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    it doesn't have to help them win the title. it only has to allow them win more games for it to be a good strategy.

its weird people that claim to be sports bettors don't understand the concept the spurs are implementing. if it give them an edge against other teams they are going to do it. they don't have to win. so if you want to claim it doesn't give them an edge, you are going to need to show it doesn't.
    wow.

12 Last