Blondie
    Blondie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Gloriously Amazing Wednesday (Day before Thanksgiving!!)

The day before Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year! I love the prepping, cleaning, organizing, cooking and setting up for Thanksgiving day! Today is the day of homemade pie crusts, roll dough, and such.

With it just being the six of us, the kids are questioning the need to clean everything, however, I think I have them convinced that it still needs done. Thanksgiving evening is when all of the Christmas decorations are going up, so the house has to be spotless for that

So, what is your typical Thanksgiving day menu, favorite dishes, stuff like that. (Partially making sure I haven't forgotten anything with this).

Ok, so back to sports now.

So far, Colorado St +2.5 and SMU -8 what do you guys have for today?

P.S. Anyone notice anything different about the site today?
    Last edited by Blondie; 11-21-12 at 07:54 AM.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Kiss it !

Blondie

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Kiss it !
    and just what am I kissing Sam?

Sam Odom

Your children for me

Blondie

Your children for me
    Too late they are already at school this morning but nice save though

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post

Today is the day of homemade pie crusts, roll dough, and such.

My ex used to make the best Pecan Pie for the holidays... Now , I buy one from Coco's

Blondie

My ex used to make the best Pecan Pie for the holidays... Now , I buy one from Coco's
    hmm I might go ahead and make ours up tonight so I don't have to mess with it tomorrow

Some years I break down and get one from Neimerg's but this year I decided not to...

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

SBR book looks a lot like the D- rated BetUS

Erock87
    Erock87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Thanksgiving is far and away my favorite holiday, looking forward to bouncing out of work early to get home and start prepping some of tomorrow's meal. My wife and I will each have our families over (11 people total), and we have a 23 lb turkey, stuffing, mashed potatos, broccoli, cauliflower, cranberry sauce, rolls, and gravy for the main course. Throughout the day we do cheese and crackers, stuffed peppers, chips and dip, and pistachios. Post-dinner, we have apple crisp, apple pies, and then dirt (unconventional for thanksgiving, but it's a tradition we started when I was stationed out in Arizona...and we've just continued it ever since, haha).

My wife is also due Dec 4th, and the doctor says any day now we can expect the little one to grace us with his presence, so we're just hoping to make it to the weekend. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving, truly is a wonderful holiday.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Peeping my turkey day wagers. Nothing better than to go on tilt with the inlaws in town.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

^Preping. Lol

Sam Odom

Wow Erock87... Congrats

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by Erock87 View Post
    Thanksgiving is far and away my favorite holiday, looking forward to bouncing out of work early to get home and start prepping some of tomorrow's meal. My wife and I will each have our families over (11 people total), and we have a 23 lb turkey, stuffing, mashed potatos, broccoli, cauliflower, cranberry sauce, rolls, and gravy for the main course. Throughout the day we do cheese and crackers, stuffed peppers, chips and dip, and pistachios. Post-dinner, we have apple crisp, apple pies, and then dirt (unconventional for thanksgiving, but it's a tradition we started when I was stationed out in Arizona...and we've just continued it ever since, haha).

My wife is also due Dec 4th, and the doctor says any day now we can expect the little one to grace us with his presence, so we're just hoping to make it to the weekend. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving, truly is a wonderful holiday.
    Almost identical food that we do for the holidays. Sounds like you've got an eventful and fun holiday season ahead.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Erock87 is one of the good guys. Warm wishes to you and your family.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Got a Cajun turkey thawing out right now from Popeye's! Nothing better than deep fried Cajun turkey!!

Sam Odom

Sammy's Thanksgiving day is much different these days... Kids all grown on their own except for Step Son who is home from College but he's been visiting friends mostly

Wife is working 2nd shift tomorrow - but we'll have a nice Thanksgiving lunch around 11am. My daughter is coming over.

Sammy will spend the late afternoon & evening wiff Sons

Life is good

God Bless Us Everyone

Blondie

Sounds amazing! Congratulations on the up and coming new arrival! So exciting! My son's birthday is on the 24th, which I will admit does make for very easy family birthday parties Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Peeping my turkey day wagers. Nothing better than to go on tilt with the inlaws in town.
    Peeping I love it! Now we know what Dennis really does on Thanksgiving day

Blondie

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    Almost identical food that we do for the holidays. Sounds like you've got an eventful and fun holiday season ahead.
    Most definitely does! Sounds about the same as ours as well! Hoping I have enough brocolli and cauliflower, my kids eat that like it's the last food on Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Got a Cajun turkey thawing out right now from Popeye's! Nothing better than deep fried Cajun turkey!!
    Cajun turkey huh? Sounds interesting...

Blondie

Sammy's Thanksgiving day is much different these days... Kids all grown on their own except for Step Son who is home from College but he's been visiting friends mostly

Wife is working 2nd shift tomorrow - but we'll have a nice Thanksgiving lunch around 11am. My daughter is coming over.

Sammy will spend the late afternoon & evening wiff Sons

Life is good

God Bless Us Everyone
    Ugh I am dreading the days when the kids have mostly moved out... not sure how well I will handle the quiet...

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post

not sure how well I will handle the quiet...

Sammy stayed drunk for 2 yrs and got divorced

I don't recommend that

lesterdymond
    lesterdymond's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

Blondie.. Which poster would you rather have @ your dinner table around your family?

Daimo or DAd

You have to choose.

Erock87
    Erock87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Erock87 is one of the good guys. Warm wishes to you and your family.
    You too BD

Blondie

Quote Originally Posted by lesterdymond View Post
    Blondie.. Which poster would you rather have @ your dinner table around your family?

Daimo or DAd

You have to choose.
    People face to face are most often a lot different than online, either would be welcome in my home

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

What does your doggie eat?

Blondie

Quote Originally Posted by BetterBizness View Post
    What does your doggie eat?
    Mine? Leftovers and dog food

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Happy Thanksgiving!

next two months are such a great time for sports!

Blondie

Thanksgiving is tomorrow Archie! Today is an even better day... the day before Thanksgiving

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Happy Thanksgiving ( tomorrow) to the family Blondie

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

God bless.