Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

If You're Gonna Post a Play at SBR, At Least Post A Few Reasons Why...

Not a fan of ppl that just post plays. Or post 3-4 plays, not a single explanation for any of them. You don't have to write an analysis, just post a line or two of why you took the play. Simple. SBR needs to be about finding info you can't get elsewhere. If you don't post any reasoning, it makes it hard (for me personally) when to pick and choose when to follow someone. I realize everyone is busy. It takes 10 seconds tops to write a sentence...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: easyliving

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Not a fan of ppl that just post plays. Or post 3-4 plays, not a single explanation for any of them. You don't have to write an analysis, just post a line or two of why you took the play. Simple. SBR needs to be about finding info you can't get elsewhere. If you don't post any reasoning, it makes it hard (for me personally) when to pick and choose when to follow someone. I realize everyone is busy. It takes 10 seconds tops to write a sentence...
    I agree that a short write up does make the pick or random dart throw more interesting. Besides posters writing about their local markets, how much "in the know" can any sbr poster be about anything outside their local region?

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

I actually agree with u here Goater

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

+1..

DudleyDawson
    DudleyDawson's Avatar Become A Pro!

How about people need to make their own plays and NEVER tail anyone on a gambling forum? In other words I couldn't give a fukk less if people wrote an explanation or not....cause I'm not tailing.
    Points Awarded:

Br0nxer gave DudleyDawson 14 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Br0nxer

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by DudleyDawson View Post
    How about people need to make their own plays and NEVER tail anyone on a gambling forum? In other words I couldn't give a fukk less if people wrote an explanation or not....cause I'm not tailing.
    Smackdownnnnnnnnn mofuccckkkaaaa

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

no need to write an essay on why your pick will lose.

just post em and we'll fade em.

and if anyone needs to know why youre on a certain pick, just head to espn cause most writeups are plagiarized shit from there anyways.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ok,no problemo..............

Vikings +135

Reasons

1. Fading GoatMilk

2. Fading GoatMilk

3. Fading GoatMilk

4. Fading GoatMilk

5. Fading GoatMilk

Git Sum!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jarvol

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3388

Usually do not tail either. But every now and then someone provides pertinent info that you might not have known about. In that case will give the specific game a second look.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

i'm in a contest with 310 people. i won it over 5 years ago but sucked every since. 17-9-1 this year.
    miami -6. no team that is going on bye next week has covered as long as 2 next bye weeks didn't play each other.
    det -2.5 same reason(although sea and giants have good chance because of opponents)
    car+4.5 think cam will go off on den d.
    just one fat mexican's opinion

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Pro post. Thanks, for this.
    BTW, love the Lions today. RIMSHOT! Enjoy your veal, be sure to tip your waiter.
    I also hate when people post their plays in say, Seer's thread... Yes, I go to Seer's thread to see read some donkey's 4 picks with nothing else included!
    But seriously, love the Lions today - no Harvin = long day for MN O.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

it doesn't matter all the bullshit you write.

if you are gonna post picks on sbr, post your record and post winners or don't post them at all.
    Points Awarded:

crustyme gave Ghenghis Kahn 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

RogueScholar
    Chairman Of The Board
    RogueScholar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

Anyone getting info that hasn't already been priced into the market isn't stupid enough to post it on SBR, believe you me. If you feel like composing/reading write-ups (as I've done myself in the past), then do it because you enjoy the writing process, because it doesn't make the selection more valid.

In the end, the fundamental analysis of a sports match-up isn't even worth the bandwidth its carried on unless validated by consistently getting market confirmation. If you can do that, posting openers that routinely beat the closers, then you quickly get too busy spending the profits to be entertained by writing persuasive arguments for the unwashed masses.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DudleyDawson, and Duff85

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

dumb a picture is worth 1000 words. i could easily do a write up for a pick i hate.

Bbr
    Bbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 414

Some people dont need an explanation because they are a top capper and are respected by many who blindly tail. If you dont like it then dont tail. All cool?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

That's why in general I like this place over somewhere like covers. There, it's just plays with no reasoning posted. Here, the volume of plays posted isn't as high but at least we have some good discussions about games.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

It really is all pointless in the end.....winning is determined by math/good system.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

I post my plays only, but have explained my methodology for coming up with those plays several times. Given that i'm getting raped on them anyway, its not a big deal.

dmtrader
    dmtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    it doesn't matter all the bullshit you write.

if you are gonna post picks on sbr, post your record and post winners or don't post them at all.
    If only it were that easy to post winners

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Quote Originally Posted by RogueScholar View Post
    Anyone getting info that hasn't already been priced into the market isn't stupid enough to post it on SBR, believe you me. If you feel like composing/reading write-ups (as I've done myself in the past), then do it because you enjoy the writing process, because it doesn't make the selection more valid.

In the end, the fundamental analysis of a sports match-up isn't even worth the bandwidth its carried on unless validated by consistently getting market confirmation. If you can do that, posting openers that routinely beat the closers, then you quickly get too busy spending the profits to be entertained by writing persuasive arguments for the unwashed masses.
    100% agree with this by the way. Saying "Player x is out, therefore bet (big name pro team)," when everyone knows that anyway is a retarded reason for betting a team because it most definitely has already been adjusted in the price. Nearly every reason given by an SBR poster to bet or not bet a selection will very likely be already factored into the market rate.

Merella
    Merella's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18827

I am picking the Steelers -12.5 tonight because my loonie landed on heads

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

LOL it would make for a better read anyway but a nice write up does not guarantee a winner.

Shantystar never leaves a write up.

I enjoy reading the write ups
    helps me see things i may have not noticed on my own.

DudleyDawson

If anything make your plays before you read SBR so you're not swayed by the many village idiots around here.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

I have a great idea

People should post a play with no info, call it FREE MONEY and LOCK OF THE YEAR

If it wins take credit for being right

If it loses say it was a jinx thread and they have the opposite

DudleyDawson

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    I have a great idea

People should post a play with no info, call it FREE MONEY and LOCK OF THE YEAR

If it wins take credit for being right

If it loses say it was a jinx thread and they have the opposite

Or people could just research and make their own plays and not worry about what some stranger on a gambling forum is doing, no?

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Or people could just research and make their own plays and not worry about what some stranger on a gambling forum is doing, no?
    Both

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Most players fall into the public trap....everyone has the same info so everyone see's the same reasons. Does it really make a difference why you like a game that 68% of the public likes? I pick games because he public likes them I fade mostly thats my only reason