seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Big Ben officially out. Any chance for Steelers against Ravens?

Ravens should smoke Steelers, but i can see a sloppy 13-10 type game with the winning team holding on for dear life.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Not a chance in hell Steelers win this game. Steelers almost lost at
    home to the worst team in the NFL on a Monday night game.

Now they go from playing the worst team to one of the best teams..

without big ben the Steelers aint shit

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

You are using too much logic and algebra, if a=b and b=c, then a=c. don't do that.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

you seem to be quite the over-reactionary type...really needs to be understood that how a team plays or against whom 1 week means very little the next...

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

guess we will see what leftwich is made of

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    You are using too much logic and algebra, if a=b and b=c, then a=c. don't do that.

A chance sure but not very likely

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by oiler View Post
    guess we will see what leftwich is made of
    Leaves and twigs.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

It's not like Curtis Painter is the backup, Leftwich is capable. It should be a close game, probably won't play it myself but don't count the Steelers out for sure.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    you seem to be quite the over-reactionary type...really needs to be understood that how a team plays or against whom 1 week means very little the next...
    you may be right. what should i look at?

Leftwich looked terrible on Monday. Steelers defense looked like swiss cheese.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

sulfurboy
    sulfurboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Steelers are 9-6 without big ben. 0-4 versus the ravens without him. Three of the four losses were by three points, the other by six. The key difference to me though is the Steelers defense is not what it was in years past to keep this close.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by sulfurboy View Post
    Steelers are 9-6 without big ben. 0-4 versus the ravens without him. Three of the four losses were by three points, the other by six. The key difference to me though is the Steelers defense is not what it was in years past to keep this close.
    Ravens defense is not much anymore either. Noone lays and egg like the ravens. Either.

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

Ravens will eat leftwich alive.

2daBank

you may be right. what should i look at?

Leftwich looked terrible on Monday. Steelers defense looked like swiss cheese.

1st off it was bad spot to expect steelers to play inspired ball on mon night off big nyg win, balty on deck, and in shitty ass weather, 2nd obviously lefty is no big ben but looking at what a backup qb looks like coming in off bench with little to no 1st team reps all season is a bad way to judge how he will perform in a week he comes in knowing he starter and gets all the 1st team reps, haley a good enough oc to do some things that play to his strengths and if pit didnt believe he was capable of filling this role when needed i doubt he would be there.. no doubt leftwich has few glaring weaknesses, mainly incredibly slow delivery but how much pressure balt creating these days?

did you not watch kc run all over the ravens earlier this year while you call a steelers d that gave up 13 points (3 off turnover) swiss cheese? if we wanna use kc as measuring stick (which i rather not as every gm is something entirely new in of itself and body of work far more important than a single gm), go back and watch how kc outplayed the hell out of the ravens only to fumble a ton of times in scoring range on way to a 9-6 loss (again not that meaningful to me as that was typical balty flat spot but since you are placing way to much importance on how pit looked and balt looked last week figure it fair to bring up i think)...if you just compare kc gm for both teams id say i think much better chance pit wins the battle up front and out rushes balt as i know Haley will be committed to pounding the ball while cam cameron has dreams of a shotgun no huddle attack that has been far from stellar in any road gm this season...speaking of body of work while pit d has been talked about a ton this yr you know they lead the league in completion percentage against? only giving up 5 and change per attempt 4th best in the league?

i dunno bro, i think this gm way tougher than you making it out to be,,im not exactly in any hurry to get money down on pit, just saying there a lot of things you should consider and what happened the week before is way way way down that list (obviously injury to big ben makes one thing you should consider about mon night but really that it)...

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Ravens are banged up on defense

Leftwich good backup

Steelers by 4

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

ravens going to win

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

steelers +3.5 is a gift.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

peopel still dont get it.

Pitt lost a QB during the game, guy come sin cold. Now that the back up practicing with the starters it is a totally different scenario.

Ravens vastly over rated on the road, and rothlesberger is over rated in terms of value to the team.

Its a coin flip game and therefore with a +150 (probably get to 160)or more ML you take the steelers.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    peopel still dont get it.

Pitt lost a QB during the game, guy come sin cold. Now that the back up practicing with the starters it is a totally different scenario.

Ravens vastly over rated on the road, and rothlesberger is over rated in terms of value to the team.

Its a coin flip game and therefore with a +150 (probably get to 160)or more ML you take the steelers.
    no clue how anyone has confidence in balt on the road,,what have they done to inspire this? waxing the raiders at home last week has all a sudden made them road warriors? phi statistically murdered them only barely winning due to red zone turnovers,,,kc had no business losing to balt but in typical kc fashion they fumbled the gm away,,hou waxed them, and really cle probably should have beat them but couldnt punch in any of their numerous scoring chances..not like this something new to them either...i dunno, i agree with you, way closer to a coin flip than easy money laying points on balt... .

Atljoe
    Atljoe's Avatar Become A Pro!

7pt teaser for me. Baltimore Ravens +4 & Baltimore Ravens/Pittsburgh Steelers Under 48½

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

All comes down to the Pitt running game now. Ryan Clark being out hurts a lot too

mw00
    mw00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

fact: takes leftbitch longer to rooster back and throw a football then scarfing down a cheeseburger sandwich. cant wait to see how that ravens defense feast on this bum.

mw00
    mw00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

why did c ock get changed to rooster...lmao

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Quote Originally Posted by Atljoe View Post
    7pt teaser for me. Baltimore Ravens +4 & Baltimore Ravens/Pittsburgh Steelers Under 48½
    Why tease through 0

These games usually play out to be a one possession game in the end.
    The 2 teams always get up for one another

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

The more bad news coming out of Pittsburgh the better they will play.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Sure Pittsburgh has a shot. Remember the Ravens are a completely different team on the road, that struggles to score.
    And Pittsburgh's defense is still stout. If they force TO's at the right time, anyone can capitalize, including Leftwich.

This will be a close game, bank on it.

Dave ATS
    Dave ATS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

This game is tricky...perception in Vegas is everything. Great takes from everyone but I am going to see where this line goes. It should keep going toward the 7 with public dough and the value of the pick will make me decide. Balt is risky on the road and you can run on them. Pitt can keep their defensive snaps on the lower side and the way these teams play each other, it will still be a slug fest.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Pittsburgh going to be in for a rough few weeks with Bologna Sandwich at the helm

Crapple
    Crapple's Avatar Become A Pro!

They barely had a chance with him.

Dave ATS
    Dave ATS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Agreed, Pitt has a better chance with Batch in Haley's offense. Quick 3 step drop, quick decision run after the catch type with a few over the top tries to keep the box honest.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Take back ups making their first start of the season replacing a prominent QB.

Vince Young won in NY ly. 2010 Flynn almost beat Brady in NE and covered by DD. Etc

Pitt covers +3.5, a joke. Learn the League

Theory was misapplied last week with the Eagles as it was midgame. Foles covers this week too

lolbear
    lolbear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10321

nope. ravens are one of top offense in the league and mediocre defense will be saved time to time by steeler's terrible offense.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Steelers barely beat KC, should have lost, Big Ben out, Bryon fukin Leftwich at QB. Perception in the trash
    Baltimore puts up 50 on Oak. Perception sky high
    90% on Balt

NFL 101

TR35
    TR35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Tough game to cap because it seems too easy. I just can't get the visual out of my head of Leftwhich throwing the ball. He was staring receivers down and his release is so slow. He looked like the tin man from the wizard of oz. Maybe he needs Dorothy to grease him up.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Ravens laying an egg scares me more than Steelers playing poorly.

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Ravens laying an egg scares me more than Steelers playing poorly.
    This

12 Last