No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    no steeler love huh? to me i think they gonna the toughest out come playoff time, big ben unstoppable on 3rd downs, haley has the run gm pounding ppl, and damn do they got weapons on the outside.... everyone acts like this d so old and bad w/o the long haired one but week after week i see them playing good fb,,oh and yea despite the many racist around here that dont like black coaches tomlin is one of the best coaches in fb...
    Yep.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

"tomlin is one of the best coaches in fb"

A lot of bonehead decisions last night. When their running backs all get healthy it will be interesting to see who gets the carries. I prefer Dwyer

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    "tomlin is one of the best coaches in fb"

A lot of bonehead decisions last night. When their running backs all get healthy it will be interesting to see who gets the carries. I prefer Dwyer

i agree the fake fg was moronic but if you dont think he one of the better coaches in the gm i dont know what to tell ya...like i told someone before the nyg gm when he was saying rbs were banged up, "it really dont matter which one of those 3 run it"...

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

i agree the fake fg was moronic but if you dont think he one of the better coaches in the gm i dont know what to tell ya...like i told someone before the nyg gm when he was saying rbs were banged up, "it really dont matter which one of those 3 run it"...
    If you can name five NFL coaches you'd take over Tomlin, I'd love to see that list....

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Patriots vs. 49ers maybe

Pats picked up Aqib Talib. He is a true #1 corner. That is a hugh pickup.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Pats 30 - Packers 27

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    If you can name five NFL coaches you'd take over Tomlin, I'd love to see that list....
    i cant name 3....he one of my favorite...

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Packers vs. Steelers

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Patriots vs. 49ers maybe

Pats picked up Aqib Talib. He is a true #1 corner. That is a hugh pickup.
    if he was anything like expectations i doubt a bucs team that struggles terribly against the pass would have shipped him off for a 4th round pick.... he damn sure aint no true #1 lockdown corner, not sure where you come up with this shit? lets say he was it really dont matter if you cant pressure passer you gonna get passed on (pats bottom 3rd of league in sack percentage).... obviously pats have a shot as their schedule will have them with a bye and at least 1 home gm, just dont think they can beat pit..

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Belichick, Jim Harbaugh, Sean Payton.... i think that's all i got

Goat Milk

if he was anything like expectations i doubt a bucs team that struggles terribly against the pass would have shipped him off for a 4th round pick.... he damn sure aint no true #1 lockdown corner, not sure where you come up with this shit? lets say he was it really dont matter if you cant pressure passer you gonna get passed on (pats bottom 3rd of league in sack percentage).... obviously pats have a shot as their schedule will have them with a bye and at least 1 home gm, just dont think they can beat pit..
    They shipped him off because of behavior man. He's talented. Bellicheck will have to straighten him out. Pats had the worst D last year. They still made it to the bowl. Pit will be tough for sure, but Brady has so many weapons this year offensively. Think about the game's they've lost this year. They should be undefeated.

1. Baltimore- last sec FG, Pats winning the game comfortably going into last 5 minutes. FG look liked it missed.
    2. Zona- Kickers badly misses game winning kick from 40 45ish after Brady drives down the field with 55 sec and no time outs.
    3. Seattle- Up 2 tds with 7 minutes left and Russell Wilson pulls a miracle out of his ass.

Think about it. Pats have a better team than last year with Lloyd this year and having a steady RB in Ridley.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Interesting question... If I had to name who I think are the top 5 coaches right now, I'm saying:

1. Belichick
    2. Jim Harbaugh
    3. Tomlin
    4. Mike Smith
    5. John Harbaugh

Honorable mention to Lovie Smith.

And coaches doing great jobs under the radar: Philbin and Schiano.

richsox24
    richsox24's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill365 View Post
    Sanfransisco VS Atlanta Falcons

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

You're dead on, Goat, Pats should totally be undefeated. All their losses were just piss-away choke jobs at the end.

Well actually, against Arizona they had to battle to get back and they caught a big break when Spikes knocked the ball out while the Cards should have been being extra careful... but then of course Gostkowski choked anyway. I'll say 7-1.

2daBank

They shipped him off because of behavior man. He's talented. Bellicheck will have to straighten him out. Pats had the worst D last year. They still made it to the bowl. Pit will be tough for sure, but Brady has so many weapons this year offensively. Think about the game's they've lost this year. They should be undefeated.

1. Baltimore- last sec FG, Pats winning the game comfortably going into last 5 minutes. FG look liked it missed.
    2. Zona- Kickers badly misses game winning kick from 40 45ish after Brady drives down the field with 55 sec and no time outs.
    3. Seattle- Up 2 tds with 7 minutes left and Russell Wilson pulls a miracle out of his ass.

Think about it. Pats have a better team than last year with Lloyd this year and having a steady RB in Ridley.
    i give them a lot of credit for their running gm, ridley on my fantasy team and yes it make them very tough,,still think at time mcdaniels gm planning sux, lloyd doesnt do it for me, and whather or not talib helps in secondary doesnt change fact they dont get much pressure on qb...not like im saying they not a top team but i think pit is better..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    Interesting question... If I had to name who I think are the top 5 coaches right now, I'm saying:

1. Belichick
    2. Jim Harbaugh
    3. Tomlin
    4. Mike Smith
    5. John Harbaugh

love schiano,,been touting bucs as a good team all yr, still to early to put him in the convo tho...love harbaugh but i cant rank him ahead of guys that have been here winning rings, still early in his career, def one of best but you gotta have that hardware to be #2....

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

i give them a lot of credit for their running gm, ridley on my fantasy team and yes it make them very tough,,still think at time mcdaniels gm planning sux, lloyd doesnt do it for me, and whather or not talib helps in secondary doesnt change fact they dont get much pressure on qb...not like im saying they not a top team but i think pit is better..
    There's just one problem with calling Pitt better -- Brady OWNS Dick Lebeau's defense; he will pick them apart 9 times out of 10. Got to put Pats above Steelers, even though it's close. I'm actually more worried about the Broncos if we have to see them again. Not as worried about the Ravens or Texans, but maybe I'm crazy on the Texans, I don't know...

Goat Milk

Steelers D is too slow to hang with Lloyd Welker Edelman, those little quick guys. Steelers D can't handle those types of guys.

Steelers are a not a Quarter defense that can throw out 4 CBs out there. That's why I would take Brady in that game. Just my opinion though.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

love schiano,,been touting bucs as a good team all yr, still to early to put him in the convo tho...love harbaugh but i cant rank him ahead of guys that have been here winning rings, still early in his career, def one of best but you gotta have that hardware to be #2....
    Oh, I hear you on hardware, I was just making a list of who I think are the best coaches with all else being equal. I think both Harbaughs are great organizers and motivators, even though they are ringless so far. Tomlin is also great and the guy has an incredible presence about him. I'm listing Mike Smith because people always underrate DISCIPLINE, and his teams just don't FUKK THEMSELVES, like teams like the Cowboys, Lions, and EAGLES do.

It's the little things that win games!! Be prepared, do your job, don't fukk up, otherwise you're fukking things up for your teammates busting their ass next to you. What's that expression about luck favoring the prepared? That is very true in football.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

Strength of Schedule so far :

Bears 31st
    Atlanta 30th
    Baltimore 29th
    Houston 25th

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

Bears 31st
    Atlanta 30th
    Baltimore 29th
    Houston 25th
    Love this post. Some big $$ to be made fading these teams later on in the year. One thing we do know though, they beat the teams they are supposed to.

Frisco

1. Belichick
    2. Jim Harbaugh
    3. Tomlin
    4. Mike Smith
    5. John Harbaugh

No Sean Payton? Or is that just b/c he's currently out of the league

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

There's just one problem with strength of schedule arguments... In whatever the discussion is, the team in question CONTRIBUTED to the opponents' win-loss percentage! You can't just forget that.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    No Sean Payton? Or is that just b/c he's currently out of the league
    Exactly, I wasn't including Payton in the discussion. He'd certainly be under consideration.

Goat Milk

Houston @ NE --- Prime time
    very next week
    SF @ NE --- prime time

That SF NE game should live up to that Balty NE game early in the year. There hasn't been a game as good as that on prime time thus far. But the SF game will be sick! Brady against the team he grew up admiring.

Frisco

Yea Goat, i love the upcoming NFL schedule. Right at the meaty part of the year when teams are jockeying for playoff seeding.

2daBank

There's just one problem with calling Pitt better -- Brady OWNS Dick Lebeau's defense; he will pick them apart 9 times out of 10. Got to put Pats above Steelers, even though it's close. I'm actually more worried about the Broncos if we have to see them again. Not as worried about the Ravens or Texans, but maybe I'm crazy on the Texans, I don't know...

you are right he does seem to carve that 3-4 up... just dont think they will be able to get big ben off the field so not sure how many chances brady will have... ravens d is a mess so i dont think they are a big concern, although their offense will give pats tons of problems that no huddle just doesnt get it on the road and seeing how the gm likely be in foxborough id give pats nod against them...think hou gonna be that team that has their spot locked up early and plays lax the last few gms then have a bye and a team that struggled to get in comes in hot and knocks them off....assuming pats dont screw around down the stretch and secure the 2 seed i honstly think pit the only team that could come in there and beat them....lot of season to go tho, lots can change between now and then..

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

Bears 31st
    Atlanta 30th
    Baltimore 29th
    Houston 25th
    In addition to what I said above about the flaw in strength-of-schedule arguments, I also trust the eye test above this. Like Atlanta, for instance. They faced a very talented and INCREDIBLY motivated Dallas team desperate for a win, and they were solid enough to take Dallas's best punch all night long and not break, and then shove it down their throat in the end to not only win the game but even get a cover (the fukkers!).

Houston, aside from one horrible brain-fart of a game, looked very strong in what they did to their opponents.

Baltimore you kind of have to throw out because they're not even the same team now that they were earlier.

The Bears have so much smarts on defense and talent on offense that I'm not worried they'd suddenly get beat up by anybody, no matter how good that team's strength of schedule is over theirs! Unless Cutler decides to mentally check out, which can happen.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Houston @ NE --- Prime time
    very next week
    SF @ NE --- prime time

That SF NE game should live up to that Balty NE game early in the year. There hasn't been a game as good as that on prime time thus far. But the SF game will be sick! Brady against the team he grew up admiring.
    Don't forget next Monday night -- Bears/Texans!

Goat Milk

Don't forget next Monday night -- Bears/Texans!
    I got the Texans in that game. JJ Watt will eat Cutler the same way Suh did. Remember, Cutler only scored 1 td in that game and barely got a first down in the second half because of that pressure from Suh and the boys. If Watt gets a hold of Cutler watch out.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

you are right he does seem to carve that 3-4 up... just dont think they will be able to get big ben off the field so not sure how many chances brady will have... ravens d is a mess so i dont think they are a big concern, although their offense will give pats tons of problems that no huddle just doesnt get it on the road and seeing how the gm likely be in foxborough id give pats nod against them...think hou gonna be that team that has their spot locked up early and plays lax the last few gms then have a bye and a team that struggled to get in comes in hot and knocks them off....assuming pats dont screw around down the stretch and secure the 2 seed i honstly think pit the only team that could come in there and beat them....lot of season to go tho, lots can change between now and then..
    Agreed, Ben is a fukking menace! Guy is always out of the discussion when people talk top QBs, but I'll take him down the stretch against almost anyone. He's impossible to bring down and makes all the money throws. Sure, Steelers always scare you.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

While we're all in here chatting, what do you guys think about tonight? I keep going back and forth on the side. Might play the over, but not sure.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

In addition to what I said above about the flaw in strength-of-schedule arguments, I also trust the eye test above this. Like Atlanta, for instance. They faced a very talented and INCREDIBLY motivated Dallas team desperate for a win, and they were solid enough to take Dallas's best punch all night long and not break, and then shove it down their throat in the end to not only win the game but even get a cover (the fukkers!).

Houston, aside from one horrible brain-fart of a game, looked very strong in what they did to their opponents.

Baltimore you kind of have to throw out because they're not even the same team now that they were earlier.

The Bears have so much smarts on defense and talent on offense that I'm not worried they'd suddenly get beat up by anybody, no matter how good that team's strength of schedule is over theirs! Unless Cutler decides to mentally check out, which can happen.
    just not true

dallas is probably the least talented and least motivated team in their division

congrats to atlanta, you won by 6 at home vs a bad team. wait until they get the packers at home in the playoffs and don't make them punt a single time again

2daBank

I got the Texans in that game. JJ Watt will eat Cutler the same way Suh did. Remember, Cutler only scored 1 td in that game and barely got a first down in the second half because of that pressure from Suh and the boys. If Watt gets a hold of Cutler watch out.
    i lean any team against chi that has a good pass rush,,prob why i dnt have bears in the superbowl...

2daBank

While we're all in here chatting, what do you guys think about tonight? I keep going back and forth on the side. Might play the over, but not sure.
    i think the total little high honestly..i put it at 51 so not like much margin for error but think books setting aints totals intentionally high seeing how everyone been pounding their overs all yr..

First 123456 Last