1. #106
    William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 6,373
    Betpoints: 232

    Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    One last nugget.

    Landing 5 5-star players is not as special as you think.

    USC did it in 2010.

    Remember these names?

    Dillon Baxter
    Markeith Ambles
    Kyle Prater
    Robert Woods
    Xavier Gimble

    How'd they work out for USC?
    Sammy, not sure I understand where you're going with this post. Baxter, Ambles, and Prater have all transferred....and the jury is still out while guys like Ambles try to get their life in order and transfer back to a BCS conference school.

    Woods is an All American headed to a big career in the NFL. Grimble is a very good TE who'll stick around another year and then head to the league.

    So, no less than two fo the five "five star" players you referenced....40%...at a minimum will play in the NFL. Nothing wrong with that.

  2. #107
    ronzer
    the search for bigfoot continues
    ronzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-31-10
    Posts: 1,576
    Betpoints: 324

    Imagine if USC had Oregon's uniforms....they would get 10 5 stars a year!

  3. #108
    Zuluhead2112
    Zuluhead2112's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-04-12
    Posts: 19

    Quote Originally Posted by ronzer View Post
    Imagine if USC had Oregon's uniforms....they would get 10 5 stars a year!
    And they would run faster.

  4. #109
    SBR Breadman
    SBR Breadman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-04-12
    Posts: 145
    Betpoints: 1438

    Kelly will still out coach Kiffin and USC will still lose. However, your hope is admirable.

  5. #110
    SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-19-12
    Posts: 6,114
    Betpoints: 106

    How's this for timing.

    SI wrote a piece calling out Kiffin.

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...fin/index.html

  6. #111
    SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-19-12
    Posts: 6,114
    Betpoints: 106

    Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Sammy, not sure I understand where you're going with this post. Baxter, Ambles, and Prater have all transferred....and the jury is still out while guys like Ambles try to get their life in order and transfer back to a BCS conference school.

    Woods is an All American headed to a big career in the NFL. Grimble is a very good TE who'll stick around another year and then head to the league.

    So, no less than two fo the five "five star" players you referenced....40%...at a minimum will play in the NFL. Nothing wrong with that.
    Will, right you are.

    My point was being a 5-star recruit is a guarantee of nothing. The OP insisted that 90% of 5 star players make it to the NFL, and that just isn't true.

  7. #112
    Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-07-09
    Posts: 2,362
    Betpoints: 2790



    Another happy USC fan.

  8. #113
    Stack-N-Chips
    Stack-N-Chips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-05-12
    Posts: 144

    Kiffin blows goats..
    He will have USC suspended from all bowl games within 2 years.. just watch, its just a matter of time before NCAA catches him with recruiting violations

  9. #114
    jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-24-07
    Posts: 4,791
    Betpoints: 24

    what he said!!!!!!!!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Stack-N-Chips

  10. #115
    Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-26-09
    Posts: 8,332
    Betpoints: 254

    5 star recruits cool story let me know when he knows what 22 - 13 =

    7-5 with a 10.5 win total good effort


  11. #116
    SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-19-12
    Posts: 6,114
    Betpoints: 106

    First of all-- I'm not a USC hater. I liked guys like John Robinson, and Carroll was entertaining as hell.

    Kiffin though, is retarded.

    He lost Max Redfield to ND. Redfield will announce for ND tomorrow.

    Eddie Vanderdoes, arguably the best DT in the country---certainly out west, has de-commited from USC and is now deciding between ND and Oregon.

    Sebastian LaRue a 5'10 WR who may compared to DeSean Jackson also has de-commited from USC and is deciding between Texas AM and Notre Dame.

    Notre Dame has been the clear beneficiary to Kiffin's coaching. If you're a ND fan, you should be prayin that Kiffin stays at USC forever.

  12. #117
    breakingbad
    breakingbad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-06-10
    Posts: 102
    Betpoints: 3020

    [QUOTE=SamDiamond;17348872]First of all-- I'm not a USC hater. I liked guys like John Robinson, and Carroll was entertaining as hell.

    Kiffin though, is retarded.

    He lost Max Redfield to ND. Redfield will announce for ND tomorrow.

    Eddie Vanderdoes, arguably the best DT in the country---certainly out west, has de-commited from USC and is now deciding between ND and Oregon.

    Sebastian LaRue a 5'10 WR who may compared to DeSean Jackson also has de-commited from USC and is deciding between Texas AM and Notre Dame.

    Notre Dame has been the clear beneficiary to Kiffin's coaching. If you're a ND fan, you should be prayin that Kiffin stays at USC forever.[/QUOTE


    totally agree, Lane Kiffin is deuche, he could have the best recruiting class ever, he still can't coach

  13. #118
    pavyracer
    Julia Alex.
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 67,839
    Betpoints: 1751

    Lane Kiffin could sign the best starting 11 in the whole country and still screw up. Why is he considered a good coach? What has he achieved?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/03/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/30/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/27/2020


  14. #119
    broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-14-09
    Posts: 13,340
    Betpoints: 1325

    The only good thing about kiffin is his wife

  15. #120
    Domer
    have a blessed day
    Domer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-10
    Posts: 1,046
    Betpoints: 108

    Kiffin is a great coach; he just needs time. I am 100% in favor of keeping him at USC. If anything, they should give him an extension.

  16. #121
    Winston704
    Winston704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-10-12
    Posts: 50
    Betpoints: 1212

    Lane Kiffin? You got to be kidding me! He could have Joe Montana and Barry Sanders and fuk it up.

    He is the worst game day coach I have ever seen!

  17. #122
    Winston704
    Winston704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-10-12
    Posts: 50
    Betpoints: 1212

    The only reason you want Kiffin to stay is so ND has a sure win every year (HAH!)

  18. #123
    Winston704
    Winston704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-10-12
    Posts: 50
    Betpoints: 1212

    He does have a hot wife!!

  19. #124
    William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 6,373
    Betpoints: 232

    Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    First of all-- I'm not a USC hater. I liked guys like John Robinson, and Carroll was entertaining as hell.

    Kiffin though, is retarded.

    He lost Max Redfield to ND. Redfield will announce for ND tomorrow.

    Eddie Vanderdoes, arguably the best DT in the country---certainly out west, has de-commited from USC and is now deciding between ND and Oregon.

    Sebastian LaRue a 5'10 WR who may compared to DeSean Jackson also has de-commited from USC and is deciding between Texas AM and Notre Dame.

    Notre Dame has been the clear beneficiary to Kiffin's coaching. If you're a ND fan, you should be prayin that Kiffin stays at USC forever.
    Sammy......you can spin the recruiting de-commits any way you'd like pal. Bottom line is........SC still has the highest rated (per player..........not in volume due to scholarship limitations) class and it's not even close. SC has FIVE of the top rated seventeen players in the country still committed........some are early "enrollees". Out of the other 12.......in the top 17........six currently have SC on their "list" of schools they are considering.

    If SC does indeed end up losing Vanderdoes...........that will hurt. Kid is a monster. LaRue & Redfield are replaceable.

    I'm far from a Kiffin fan, but after a disastrous 7-6 season.........I'll take five 5* players all day long. The only other school in the country that has more than three 5* players is Alabama (they also have 5).

    My biggest concern is in the trenches. This SC class has two offensive linemen and four defensive linemen. I'd like to see a few more big boys on the o-line come in.

  20. #125
    MrBig33
    MrBig33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-27-11
    Posts: 404
    Betpoints: 570

    doesnt matter really he cant coach lol

  21. #126
    William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 6,373
    Betpoints: 232

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBig33 View Post
    doesnt matter really he cant coach lol
    Again.......I'm not a Kiffin fan, but how then do you explain the Trojans going 10-2 last season.....beating Oregon in Eugene (and one of the two losses being a triple OT loss to an Andrew Luck led Stanford team)?

  22. #127
    SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-19-12
    Posts: 6,114
    Betpoints: 106

    Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Sammy......you can spin the recruiting de-commits any way you'd like pal. Bottom line is........SC still has the highest rated (per player..........not in volume due to scholarship limitations) class and it's not even close. SC has FIVE of the top rated seventeen players in the country still committed........some are early "enrollees". Out of the other 12.......in the top 17........six currently have SC on their "list" of schools they are considering.

    If SC does indeed end up losing Vanderdoes...........that will hurt. Kid is a monster. LaRue & Redfield are replaceable.

    I'm far from a Kiffin fan, but after a disastrous 7-6 season.........I'll take five 5* players all day long. The only other school in the country that has more than three 5* players is Alabama (they also have 5).

    My biggest concern is in the trenches. This SC class has two offensive linemen and four defensive linemen. I'd like to see a few more big boys on the o-line come in.
    Will. I'm not spinning it. Losing Vanderdoes to a rival blows. That kid is going to be special. As is Redfield.

    And I will be the first to admit-- USC recruits better than any other program right now, but as long as Kiffin is your coach-- I don't think you guys are going to continue this ride. There is no reason---ever, for a team as talented as USC to finish 7-6. Not with 7 NFL players on your offense alone, (Barkley, Redd, Woods, Agholor, Lee, Holmes and Grimble).

    Recruits notice a shitty coaching staff, and alot of this year's class are/were early admits. The damage from this season will be seen next year.

  23. #128
    William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 6,373
    Betpoints: 232

    Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Will. I'm not spinning it. Losing Vanderdoes to a rival blows. That kid is going to be special. As is Redfield.

    And I will be the first to admit-- USC recruits better than any other program right now, but as long as Kiffin is your coach-- I don't think you guys are going to continue this ride. There is no reason---ever, for a team as talented as USC to finish 7-6. Not with 7 NFL players on your offense alone, (Barkley, Redd, Woods, Agholor, Lee, Holmes and Grimble).

    Recruits notice a shitty coaching staff, and alot of this year's class are/were early admits. The damage from this season will be seen next year.
    Sammy.......let's not get too carried away on Redfield. Kid is a quality player with potential, but he's not a five star in anybody's book.

    As for the damage of this season showing up in next seasons recruits..........I think it all depends upon the program and recruiting staff. Just take a look at Florida.......7-6 last season........top five recruiting class this season......Notre Dame was 8-5 last season........and currently has a top three recruiting class this season.

  24. #129
    SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-19-12
    Posts: 6,114
    Betpoints: 106

    Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Sammy.......let's not get too carried away on Redfield. Kid is a quality player with potential, but he's not a five star in anybody's book.

    As for the damage of this season showing up in next seasons recruits..........I think it all depends upon the program and recruiting staff. Just take a look at Florida.......7-6 last season........top five recruiting class this season......Notre Dame was 8-5 last season........and currently has a top three recruiting class this season.
    Good points, and I forgot about something I read. ND landed Te'o on the heels of their 4-7 season, so I guess there is some truth to what you posted.

    And I'll tell you what. I will reserve judgement and see who Lane hires as his new DC. If Lane has another 7-6 season, we both agree he is gone anyway, right?

    Oh. And about Redfield. This is per the USC boards-- not my worthless opinion, but Kiffin was telling folks that Redfield was important because he could play so many different positions (WR, S).

  25. #130
    cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-29-10
    Posts: 8,820
    Betpoints: 454

    hope he stays there forever!

  26. #131
    William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 6,373
    Betpoints: 232

    Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Good points, and I forgot about something I read. ND landed Te'o on the heels of their 4-7 season, so I guess there is some truth to what you posted.

    And I'll tell you what. I will reserve judgement and see who Lane hires as his new DC. If Lane has another 7-6 season, we both agree he is gone anyway, right?

    Oh. And about Redfield. This is per the USC boards-- not my worthless opinion, but Kiffin was telling folks that Redfield was important because he could play so many different positions (WR, S).
    Another 7-6 and Lane is gone........no doubt. Can't follow a legend like Pete and stink up the joint. SC fans.....like all others......are myopic. Redfield committed to SC and all of a sudden he was the next Ronnie Lott. Let's give the kid some time and find out what flippen position he's even going to play.

  27. #132
    letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-27-10
    Posts: 2,147
    Betpoints: 2512

    Lol bump.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/30/2020


  28. #133
    Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-30-05
    Posts: 54,566

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post

    Kiffin is USC's Mike Shula


First 1234
Top