William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    One last nugget.

Landing 5 5-star players is not as special as you think.

USC did it in 2010.

Remember these names?

Dillon Baxter
    Markeith Ambles
    Kyle Prater
    Robert Woods
    Xavier Gimble

How'd they work out for USC?
    Sammy, not sure I understand where you're going with this post. Baxter, Ambles, and Prater have all transferred....and the jury is still out while guys like Ambles try to get their life in order and transfer back to a BCS conference school.

Woods is an All American headed to a big career in the NFL. Grimble is a very good TE who'll stick around another year and then head to the league.

So, no less than two fo the five "five star" players you referenced....40%...at a minimum will play in the NFL. Nothing wrong with that.

ronzer
    the search for bigfoot continues
    ronzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

Imagine if USC had Oregon's uniforms....they would get 10 5 stars a year!

Zuluhead2112
    Zuluhead2112's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 33

Quote Originally Posted by ronzer View Post
    Imagine if USC had Oregon's uniforms....they would get 10 5 stars a year!
    And they would run faster.

SBR Breadman
    SBR Breadman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18693

Kelly will still out coach Kiffin and USC will still lose. However, your hope is admirable.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

How's this for timing.

SI wrote a piece calling out Kiffin.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...fin/index.html

SamDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Sammy, not sure I understand where you're going with this post. Baxter, Ambles, and Prater have all transferred....and the jury is still out while guys like Ambles try to get their life in order and transfer back to a BCS conference school.

Woods is an All American headed to a big career in the NFL. Grimble is a very good TE who'll stick around another year and then head to the league.

So, no less than two fo the five "five star" players you referenced....40%...at a minimum will play in the NFL. Nothing wrong with that.
    Will, right you are.

My point was being a 5-star recruit is a guarantee of nothing. The OP insisted that 90% of 5 star players make it to the NFL, and that just isn't true.

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

Another happy USC fan.

Stack-N-Chips
    Stack-N-Chips's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kiffin blows goats..
    He will have USC suspended from all bowl games within 2 years.. just watch, its just a matter of time before NCAA catches him with recruiting violations

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

what he said!!!!!!!!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Stack-N-Chips

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

5 star recruits cool story let me know when he knows what 22 - 13 =

7-5 with a 10.5 win total good effort

SamDiamond

First of all-- I'm not a USC hater. I liked guys like John Robinson, and Carroll was entertaining as hell.

Kiffin though, is retarded.

He lost Max Redfield to ND. Redfield will announce for ND tomorrow.

Eddie Vanderdoes, arguably the best DT in the country---certainly out west, has de-commited from USC and is now deciding between ND and Oregon.

Sebastian LaRue a 5'10 WR who may compared to DeSean Jackson also has de-commited from USC and is deciding between Texas AM and Notre Dame.

Notre Dame has been the clear beneficiary to Kiffin's coaching. If you're a ND fan, you should be prayin that Kiffin stays at USC forever.

breakingbad
    breakingbad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3020

[QUOTE=SamDiamond;17348872]First of all-- I'm not a USC hater. I liked guys like John Robinson, and Carroll was entertaining as hell.

Eddie Vanderdoes, arguably the best DT in the country---certainly out west, has de-commited from USC and is now deciding between ND and Oregon.

Sebastian LaRue a 5'10 WR who may compared to DeSean Jackson also has de-commited from USC and is deciding between Texas AM and Notre Dame.

Notre Dame has been the clear beneficiary to Kiffin's coaching. If you're a ND fan, you should be prayin that Kiffin stays at USC forever.[/QUOTE

totally agree, Lane Kiffin is deuche, he could have the best recruiting class ever, he still can't coach

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Lane Kiffin could sign the best starting 11 in the whole country and still screw up. Why is he considered a good coach? What has he achieved?

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

The only good thing about kiffin is his wife

Domer
    have a blessed day
    Domer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 146

Kiffin is a great coach; he just needs time. I am 100% in favor of keeping him at USC. If anything, they should give him an extension.

Winston704
    Winston704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1212

Lane Kiffin? You got to be kidding me! He could have Joe Montana and Barry Sanders and fuk it up.

He is the worst game day coach I have ever seen!

Winston704

The only reason you want Kiffin to stay is so ND has a sure win every year (HAH!)

Winston704

He does have a hot wife!!

William Walters

First of all-- I'm not a USC hater. I liked guys like John Robinson, and Carroll was entertaining as hell.

Notre Dame has been the clear beneficiary to Kiffin's coaching. If you're a ND fan, you should be prayin that Kiffin stays at USC forever.
    Sammy......you can spin the recruiting de-commits any way you'd like pal. Bottom line is........SC still has the highest rated (per player..........not in volume due to scholarship limitations) class and it's not even close. SC has FIVE of the top rated seventeen players in the country still committed........some are early "enrollees". Out of the other 12.......in the top 17........six currently have SC on their "list" of schools they are considering.

If SC does indeed end up losing Vanderdoes...........that will hurt. Kid is a monster. LaRue & Redfield are replaceable.

I'm far from a Kiffin fan, but after a disastrous 7-6 season.........I'll take five 5* players all day long. The only other school in the country that has more than three 5* players is Alabama (they also have 5).

My biggest concern is in the trenches. This SC class has two offensive linemen and four defensive linemen. I'd like to see a few more big boys on the o-line come in.

MrBig33
    MrBig33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 997

doesnt matter really he cant coach lol

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by MrBig33 View Post
    doesnt matter really he cant coach lol
    Again.......I'm not a Kiffin fan, but how then do you explain the Trojans going 10-2 last season.....beating Oregon in Eugene (and one of the two losses being a triple OT loss to an Andrew Luck led Stanford team)?

SamDiamond

Sammy......you can spin the recruiting de-commits any way you'd like pal. Bottom line is........SC still has the highest rated (per player..........not in volume due to scholarship limitations) class and it's not even close. SC has FIVE of the top rated seventeen players in the country still committed........some are early "enrollees". Out of the other 12.......in the top 17........six currently have SC on their "list" of schools they are considering.

If SC does indeed end up losing Vanderdoes...........that will hurt. Kid is a monster. LaRue & Redfield are replaceable.

I'm far from a Kiffin fan, but after a disastrous 7-6 season.........I'll take five 5* players all day long. The only other school in the country that has more than three 5* players is Alabama (they also have 5).

My biggest concern is in the trenches. This SC class has two offensive linemen and four defensive linemen. I'd like to see a few more big boys on the o-line come in.
    Will. I'm not spinning it. Losing Vanderdoes to a rival blows. That kid is going to be special. As is Redfield.

And I will be the first to admit-- USC recruits better than any other program right now, but as long as Kiffin is your coach-- I don't think you guys are going to continue this ride. There is no reason---ever, for a team as talented as USC to finish 7-6. Not with 7 NFL players on your offense alone, (Barkley, Redd, Woods, Agholor, Lee, Holmes and Grimble).

Recruits notice a shitty coaching staff, and alot of this year's class are/were early admits. The damage from this season will be seen next year.

William Walters

Will. I'm not spinning it. Losing Vanderdoes to a rival blows. That kid is going to be special. As is Redfield.

And I will be the first to admit-- USC recruits better than any other program right now, but as long as Kiffin is your coach-- I don't think you guys are going to continue this ride. There is no reason---ever, for a team as talented as USC to finish 7-6. Not with 7 NFL players on your offense alone, (Barkley, Redd, Woods, Agholor, Lee, Holmes and Grimble).

Recruits notice a shitty coaching staff, and alot of this year's class are/were early admits. The damage from this season will be seen next year.
    Sammy.......let's not get too carried away on Redfield. Kid is a quality player with potential, but he's not a five star in anybody's book.

As for the damage of this season showing up in next seasons recruits..........I think it all depends upon the program and recruiting staff. Just take a look at Florida.......7-6 last season........top five recruiting class this season......Notre Dame was 8-5 last season........and currently has a top three recruiting class this season.

SamDiamond

Sammy.......let's not get too carried away on Redfield. Kid is a quality player with potential, but he's not a five star in anybody's book.

As for the damage of this season showing up in next seasons recruits..........I think it all depends upon the program and recruiting staff. Just take a look at Florida.......7-6 last season........top five recruiting class this season......Notre Dame was 8-5 last season........and currently has a top three recruiting class this season.
    Good points, and I forgot about something I read. ND landed Te'o on the heels of their 4-7 season, so I guess there is some truth to what you posted.

And I'll tell you what. I will reserve judgement and see who Lane hires as his new DC. If Lane has another 7-6 season, we both agree he is gone anyway, right?

Oh. And about Redfield. This is per the USC boards-- not my worthless opinion, but Kiffin was telling folks that Redfield was important because he could play so many different positions (WR, S).

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

hope he stays there forever!

William Walters

Good points, and I forgot about something I read. ND landed Te'o on the heels of their 4-7 season, so I guess there is some truth to what you posted.

And I'll tell you what. I will reserve judgement and see who Lane hires as his new DC. If Lane has another 7-6 season, we both agree he is gone anyway, right?

Oh. And about Redfield. This is per the USC boards-- not my worthless opinion, but Kiffin was telling folks that Redfield was important because he could play so many different positions (WR, S).
    Another 7-6 and Lane is gone........no doubt. Can't follow a legend like Pete and stink up the joint. SC fans.....like all others......are myopic. Redfield committed to SC and all of a sudden he was the next Ronnie Lott. Let's give the kid some time and find out what flippen position he's even going to play.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

Lol bump.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post

Kiffin is USC's Mike Shula

First 1234