Quote Originally Posted by phillybadboy View Post
    daimo is sharp
    Hopefully he posts more nba picks.

They are fukin golden.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by tblues2005 View Post
    This is a pretty big upset. Lakers aren't looking very good at all.
    not huge, the -13 was a frigging joke, -7 was as big as it needed to be. But books setting up people because I am sure everyone that lost every teaser they made because 49ers lost came back and killed the Lakers to start their 'come back'.

that 13 was like a 'hey watch this' line and then they all sat around and laughed when 75% of the action was STILL on the Lakers even though the line was about double what it should have been.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    not huge, the -13 was a frigging joke, -7 was as big as it needed to be. But books setting up people because I am sure everyone that lost every teaser they made because 49ers lost came back and killed the Lakers to start their 'come back'.

that 13 was like a 'hey watch this' line and then they all sat around and laughed when 75% of the action was STILL on the Lakers even though the line was about double what it should have been.
    lol.. it's the Laker fans that are padding the Vegas pockets at this point..*
    the die-hard Lakerette, lays down a wad hoping to experience a double-dose*of:
    1) winning money...
    2) "see i told you everything wuz gonna be okay"

of course neither eventuality manifests.. and they hit the airwaves further guaranteeing
    this year's return to the The Finals..

i love how they are sharp enough to determine the flaws and shortcomings of other squads..
    but keep thinking that a 39 yr. old brittle/slow, no "D" veteran like Nashty is going to turn this around..

truly great teams are still very good with the loss of a single player..

PREDICTION: when Nash comes back, and they still suck..
    the conversation/solution will turn to the last piece that they can get for Gasol.

it is never "we suck"
    but always.. "we just need this one last piece, then we will dominate"

it's not coming guys.. it not coming back to the Lakers for a decade..
    they traded away all their draft picks.. and their salaries are too big for trades.

teams are knocking them out for fun,
    but nobody is knocking on the Laker door for any players.

the Lakers have little to offer anyone. Notice the even Howard (already there) will not commit to staying.
    this article from the LA Times:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...,4637042.story

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    lol.. it's the Laker fans that are padding the Vegas pockets at this point..*
    the die-hard Lakerette, lays down a wad hoping to experience a double-dose*of:
    1) winning money...
    2) "see i told you everything wuz gonna be okay"

of course neither eventuality manifests.. and they hit the airwaves further guaranteeing
    this year's return to the The Finals..

i love how they are sharp enough to determine the flaws and shortcomings of other squads..
    but keep thinking that a 39 yr. old brittle/slow, no "D" veteran like Nashty is going to turn this around..

truly great teams are still very good with the loss of a single player..

PREDICTION: when Nash comes back, and they still suck..
    the conversation/solution will turn to the last piece that they can get for Gasol.

it is never "we suck"
    but always.. "we just need this one last piece, then we will dominate"

it's not coming guys.. it not coming back to the Lakers for a decade..
    they traded away all their draft picks.. and their salaries are too big for trades.

teams are knocking them out for fun,
    but nobody is knocking on the Laker door for any players.

the Lakers have little to offer anyone. Notice the even Howard (already there) will not commit to staying.
    this article from the LA Times:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...,4637042.story
    yup been saying it for years. Said that once Phil left and they lost that last chance at the ring that year they should have gotten rid of Kobe and built around Bynum and gasol. Instead they get rid of Odom and try to trade gasol and Bynum which falls flat, and that lost them Paul, who wasnt going to help them either....

So they go through last year just good enough to make people think they are a piece or two away from winning it all again. They make a 'blockbuster' move mid off season to get Nash, and lakers fans go nuts. Think that is their ticket to the west conf finals and they might have a punchers chance. THEN they get Howard, (they forget they lose Bynum) and they are already buying food for the parade after party. Now in hindsight Bynum trade wasnt horrible as it looks like the guy is completely broken down, and more than likely lakers knew it. So even after pulling a fast one and dumping his future salary and using him to at least get Howard here, they are failing miserably. it is awesome.

Howard wont stay, he cant. he cant look at the shit around him and (with his ego and thought process) think he is better off than somewhere else. Unless it is truly all about the money, and unless the Lakers get rid of everyone, AND Kobe takes a massive pay cut (which we all know the likelihood of happening) they cant afford him. Even with their new YV deal, and if they try and swing it what are they going to have around them? Kobe at his current deal and Howard on a maxed out deal is going to be 50 million, maybe closer to 55 as Howard will want it front ended I am sure, Thats TWO guys. Theyre on the hook to Nash for another 9 I think. So thats over 60 for 3 guys. Then they have half a dozen other guys trade restricted so then what?

WITHOUT Howard theyre at 68 million in guaranteed payroll, with possible 84 million if they keep guys like Artest, and the other guys with qualifying offers and trade restrictions. So Use just 68, Thats Kobe, Nash, Gasol, Blake , Jordon Hill. So unless they can dump some of them theyre at 68 million, The rest of the scrubs like Artest, Duhon, Meeks, Ebanks Morris et all make up 17 more million. Jamison isnt counting towards any of that, nor is Dwight Howard. So even if they trade gasol and his 19 million they have to get a guy or 3 to come close to matching that figure. But theyre still at at least 70 Million. Add in what Howard wants, like I said 20-25 mil and your right back at over 100 Million next year, probably closer to 112. Which with the new luxury tax is closer to a quarter billion.

Lakers are in for a massive reality check.

Kobe has this team over a barrel. Old over the hill has been getting 30 million which in reality equates to 60 million on the books. That is more money that the total team pay rolls of half the teams in the league.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

This is what the lakers have always done. They shit the bed a few games a year against teams they shouldn't. Yall overreact way too much

82 games a season, almost half of the conference makes the playoffs. They'll be fine

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Off topic but I fukkin hate the Gasol brothers. Never been so irritated by two NBA players before

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by CHAZ View Post
    This is what the lakers have always done. They shit the bed a few games a year against teams they shouldn't. Yall overreact way too much

82 games a season, almost half of the conference makes the playoffs. They'll be fine
    WRONG, Even when Lakers have been bad they still won at home, you do realize lakers have Played 17 games, are 8-9 SU and 12 of those 17 games have been at home where theyre 7-5 SU, which means theyre 1-4 on the road.

Lakers havent been good on the road since the first half of the 2010 season. Since then theyre about 27-34 SU on the road. That includes 1-4 this year and 16-23 last year. Thats not good.

Now that they cant even win at home it is really showing.

Ratzz

....Which with the new luxury tax is closer to a quarter billion.

Lakers are in for a massive reality check.

Kobe has this team over a barrel. Old over the hill has been getting 30 million which in reality equates to 60 million on the books. That is more money that the total team pay rolls of half the teams in the league.
    that was all "right on the money"...

man, Kobe is a SERIOUS problem.. his addiction to having his cake and eating it too.
    (scoring the most/taking most shots AND actually winning the game)

whenever i trash Kobe to a couple of Lakerette fans i know.. they always tout "who leads the league in scoring?"

yes. it's Kobe, and YES "it's killing you"

Lakers are now 6-1 when his Majesty scores less than 25 pts..
    and 2-8 when he scores more.

he can't stop.. and nobody can stop him.. he runs the whole show..
    the more he shoots, the more frustrated the others play.. and the colder they get.

the colder they get, the more he shoots, the more the media in LA, laud Kobe and blame the others.
    The way to turn it around for the Lakers is for D'Antoni to bench Kobe for 4 games, and watch them go
    4-0, then have him return and watch them go 1-3.

but the fans are also to blame..*
    when he bricks one shot after another they remain respectfully silent.*
    but when he makes a ridiculous shot.. they go NUTS,
    thus guaranteeing another 10 ill-advised low percentage shots.
    his "ME-first" personality is killing that team, and has left them destitute for the next decade..
    the Laker front office has traded away the next decade so that he might tie Jordan in Rings.
    he completely screwed them, but they will only understand this in the years following His immiment retirement. *

ther was a hilarious scenario.. where Kobe took a stupid shot in the Magic game..
    and missed, so he goes over to the ref (play is going on) ...to complain..

the play was STILL going on, and he is talking to the ref.. and his man..
    runs down the court scores on 4 defenders.

how is that behavior tolerated? unreal

Ratzz

this is precisely the 'dream-state' i was pointing out.*

no. they will not be fine.

1) they will miss the playoffs entirely,
    2) or last 4-5 games. Max.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)

WRONG, Even when Lakers have been bad they still won at home, you do realize lakers have Played 17 games, are 8-9 SU and 12 of those 17 games have been at home where theyre 7-5 SU, which means theyre 1-4 on the road.

Lakers havent been good on the road since the first half of the 2010 season. Since then theyre about 27-34 SU on the road. That includes 1-4 this year and 16-23 last year. Thats not good.

Now that they cant even win at home it is really showing.
    I was saying shit the bed against a bad team.

And can you honestly say there are 8 teams better in the Western Conference then the Lakers?

OKC
    SA
    MEMPHIS
    DALLAS?
    DENVER?
    UTAH?
    GS?

wantitall4moi

I was saying shit the bed against a bad team.

And can you honestly say there are 8 teams better in the Western Conference then the Lakers?

OKC
    SA
    MEMPHIS
    DALLAS?
    DENVER?
    UTAH?
    GS?
    No clippers? Clippers might be best team in the west and if they had another coach would be and could win it all.

Right now Lakers are in 9th, Dallas is below them but dallas will get better, Nowinski is a much bigger impact on them than Nash is for the lakers.

lakers also havent started out on the road yet. Full 41 games on the road what will their road record be? 15-26 would be dreaming I would guess. So even if they can pull a rabbit out of their ass and win 32 games at home, which would mean they have to go 25-4 the rest of the way. So that makes them 32-9 at home and 15-26 on the road. Thats 47 wins. Even if you think theyll win more road games (how could you) but for sake of argument, how many? half? OK so they go 20-17 the rest of the way on the road, and 25-4 at home. That gets them to 52-30. That enough? Should be I guess.

Now I will bet money they wont go 25-4 at home the rest of the way. Nor do I think they come close to winning half their games on the road. But for each home loss over 4 you have to win another game on the road above the 500 mark. To stay above 50 wins.

Is 50 wins enough? Yeah it should be.

lakers still have the luxury of playing in the worst division in the NBA, so that pads their stats somewhat, but they have already lost to Sactown once, so that hurts.

Thenext 3 games will show you what theyre doing. They should absolutely go 2-1 if theyre close to being a top 4 team in the west. 1-2 will be 'acceptable' if they were above 500 already, 0-3 is a frigging disaster because if they lose to New orleans, even on the road, then get the shovels ready.

Next 5 games pivotal, 2-3 is bad but what I suspect, 3-2 gives fans hope, 1-4 and I wont even bother bashing them anymore because it will be too easy.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)

No clippers? Clippers might be best team in the west and if they had another coach would be and could win it all.
    You're right about LAC. I forgot that one.

All I'm saying is the Lakers will make the playoffs. I'm not arguing how good they really are. I don't think there are 8 teams better then them in the Western conference.

wantitall4moi

You're right about LAC. I forgot that one.

All I'm saying is the Lakers will make the playoffs. I'm not arguing how good they really are. I don't think there are 8 teams better then them in the Western conference.
    No i said they should but they need to back in now more than actually push their way through.

But when the Lakers have to have Utah and Golden St play bad to sneak into the play offs is says a lot....

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

The FACT is that the NBA season goes on foooooorever! Teams that are struggling in early December can look like world beaters in April. I won't write any team off until after March.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Mike D'Antoni is the worst hire ever.. Guy don't know shit about defense.. Fukking idiot..

First 123