jrmartin.mig
    jrmartin.mig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9124

Almost nothing but gambling threads on players talk

Feels kind of counterproductive to put up a non-gambling related thread to talk about how nice it is, but I have yet to read anything that relates to the dumb shit that's usually in here. I have to say it's kind of nice.

soul786
    soul786's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm in the same boat. Good to see some real discussion about gambling and picks happening

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2404

I was going to characterize it as a breathe of fresh air..... but then I realized its more like the absence of a whole lotta funky ass bad breathe

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by soul786 View Post
    I'm in the same boat. Good to see some real discussion about gambling and picks happening
    So what do you guys think about the Atlanta/ Eagles game this weekend.

I think Atlanta is the phoniest 6-0 team in NFL history.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    So what do you guys think about the Atlanta/ Eagles game this weekend.

I think Atlanta is the phoniest 6-0 team in NFL history.
    I agree Atlanta is not great and will lose soon, but what have the Eagles done to deserve being a FAVORITE this week? Buy ATL up to 3 points and I think that is one of the best bets on the board in a while. I am not saying its a lock, but that's where the smart money has to be going.

jrmartin.mig
    jrmartin.mig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9124

I have to agree, ATL has not shown me much the last couple of weeks, especially that game with Oakland. That being said, it's like the Eagles are playing again Chicago's defense every week. It's turnover after turnover after turnover. I think this game is a lot more about which team shows up to actually play football and which just wants to get that game over with. If anything I would have to lean with Atlanta, but that's just what it is, a lean.

billysink

What I see is that Philly should be able to run McCoy all day long. When have we ever seen a 6-0 team that allows 5+ yards a carry. I think Philly can establish some time of possession and keep Vick's mistakes to a minimum by doing so. Less is more from that clown at this point.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you guys have any thoughts on SD -2.5 potentially being a "trap" against Clev?

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    I was going to characterize it as a breathe of fresh air..... but then I realized its more like the absence of a whole lotta funky ass bad breathe
    Arch, the schtick will be missed. Some of it was funny. But all fukkin day every day wrecked it. There will be new material coming soon.

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8433

falcons schedule is pretty easy the rest of the way. probably end up 13-3 or 12-4.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Do you guys have any thoughts on SD -2.5 potentially being a "trap" against Clev?
    That is a great question, especially considering Trent's absence.

I can't offer much insight on the game specifically, but I will say that I haven't backed SD in over 2 seasons now. I think Norv Turner will pull a loss from the jaws of victory too often. You can't cap stupid on this level.

billysink

No such thing as a trap for me Lou. Trap is just and acronym for "didn't do enough work to understand the line".

Regarding the game, if Richardson can't take the pounding with his bad ribs then Cleveland has little or no shot. The only way they are gonna win anywhere is if they can establish enough run to let Weeble or whatever his fukkin name is run a little play action. San Diego has played the run well this year.

I don't think San Diego is gonna be as bad as everyone thinks they are in the second half. They have new co-ordinators on both sides of the ball this year and have tweaked both approaches to the game. I think they have had enough time to work out the kinks especially over the bye week.

The 2.5 line is really 3 anyway and is a fair number. I see some value in the total @ under 44.5. It is forecast to be fairly breezy with crosswinds of up t0 15 mph with showers. With both teams likely to run the ball quite a bit this may be the value in the matchup.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Was expecting the line to start at -5.5 at least. Browns only have 1 win this far and I know the Chargers are struggling but they can put up numbers.