shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

teasers are pretty good. rarely like to go with a marginal favorite to just win.. wasnt too confident in the bears yest so i got the Lions +15 in a 8 pt teaser for this past weekend.. ill take the +15 rather than the bears +1.. leaves you with more outs IMO.. just my strategy.. i would have an awesome record with teasers unless i didnt break my own rule and take Green Bay +1/2 against the colts earlier in the season. the amount of blowouts in the NFL is scarce these days when you pick your spots so its a good method i think

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

Right on. nba works great too (bb is 10 pts on the 13pt card). If the suns are +6 against the jazz, id much rather have suns+16than jazz +4. but yeah picking your spots is important. As for nfl i heard a stat on the radio that 71% of nfl games are/were decided by 7 pts or less, however idk the time period it was referring to (this year maybe?)

imarkp
    imarkp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1248

I've been making most of my money on teasers. almost doubled backroll in 4 wks. was never a fan, but I like winning. If it ain't broken don't fix it. totaly agree cfb totals, doen't. I try to find tight games in nfl... bla bla bla...2daBank summed it up nicely. also, buy points to cross key pts. on the plus side of 3, 7. sometimes 10 and 14 . that has made my season so far. until proven otherwise will continue...hopefully make more money. just last wk made money teasing chi,min,stl,cin,car,tb,cle that otherwise would have lost or push. buying .5 pt on cin and tb was dif. between win or push +7.5. I realize thats just a small sample. It has helped in 4 previous wks i've bet too. recently, comming off a 10 yr hiatus making bets. not much to go on. will do more research. It also saved me a some $ in college games. my focus will be nfl though. just luck? any thoughts and insights are welcome

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

As long as the Teaser is 2 teamer and does not go through the Zero. It should win most of the time.

imarkp

that was nice looking card, didn't play miami game and went other way on dal and oak even though +12 looked funny but i really liked jax. btw, they all hit. never played more than 6 tms 6pts +600, hmm 7 teams +800 thats the max teams i can play. wheres a good book for teasers? trying to learn all i can.

imarkp

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but how do we get more competition out there? Change in U.S. law? Just thinking out loud.

Anyway, this looks like another great NFL teaser week, almost every side is on a good teaser number:

WagerType:8 team teaser
    Date: Team:
    Oct 22 NFL [438] CHICAGO -½-110 (B+6)
    Oct 25 NFL [104] MINNESOTA -½-110 (B+6)
    Oct 28 NFL [219] NEW ENGLAND -½-110 (B+6)
    Oct 28 NFL [227] ATLANTA +8½-110 (B+6)
    Oct 28 NFL [231] MIAMI +8½-110 (B+6)
    Oct 28 NFL [237] OAKLAND +7½-110 (B+6)
    Oct 28 NFL [240] DALLAS +7-110 (B+6)
    Oct 29 NFL [243] SAN FRANCISCO -½-110 (B+6)
    last post was suppose to go here.

imarkp

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    ppl around here always bang on them especially some of the resident wanna be sharps but i have a thread full of teaser winners,,long as you keep them to 2 teams and dont do the wrong things they are great in nfl, for me anyway....
    would like to check out thread. still trying to fig out how to navigate aroung here. whats thread name?
    trying to get any teaser info i can. thx

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

5dimes best for teasers. You can do up to 15 teams and get anywhere from 5 to 20 pts. You can choose ties reduce or win/lose. You can also do open teasers, meaning u could select 6 team teaser but only pick 3 games this week and fill in the other spots next week (or any day and with other sports)

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

They also got pleasers where u give pts instead of get, and progressive teasers, where u can still win even if u losr a game but the payouts obv lower

imarkp

Quote Originally Posted by imarkp View Post
    would like to check out thread. still trying to fig out how to navigate aroung here. whats thread name?
    trying to get any teaser info i can. thx
    found banker throwin darts... checking it out now

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13605

I've been making most of my money on teasers. almost doubled backroll in 4 wks. was never a fan, but I like winning. If it ain't broken don't fix it. totaly agree cfb totals, doen't. I try to find tight games in nfl... bla bla bla...2daBank summed it up nicely. also, buy points to cross key pts. on the plus side of 3, 7. sometimes 10 and 14 . that has made my season so far. until proven otherwise will continue...hopefully make more money. just last wk made money teasing chi,min,stl,cin,car,tb,cle that otherwise would have lost or push. buying .5 pt on cin and tb was dif. between win or push +7.5. I realize thats just a small sample. It has helped in 4 previous wks i've bet too. recently, comming off a 10 yr hiatus making bets. not much to go on. will do more research. It also saved me a some $ in college games. my focus will be nfl though. just luck? any thoughts and insights are welcome
    IMHO I try limit my points of failure. I believe in the long run you need to pick your best tease or possibly 2 but you MUST resist the temptation to spread = teaser death long term.

imarkp

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    IMHO I try limit my points of failure. I believe in the long run you need to pick your best tease or possibly 2 but you MUST resist the temptation to spread = teaser death long term.
    lol. so far haven't resisted that temptation even though my head knows that. playing w/house money so prob. continue whats making me money. 1-2 bad wks might change that thinking. esp. if bankrool gets closer to even. when that happens ill come back for the "I told ya so". when".... like that possitive thinking? I'm a former degenerate. thats why I took 10 yrs off. playing small time now. trying to have a little fun. way to much free time. retired. spending less time in bars. my pool game is suffering though. hmmm... once a degenerate always 1?

killersweet
    killersweet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9409

Last 2 weeks have been great for teasers. Not sure how long this run will last. So who are u teasing this weekend?

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

nfl crossing the 3 and 7 is all you need to worry about with teasers. Totals are alright for teasers but outside of the previous scenario, teasers are sucker plays IMO.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

lol. so far haven't resisted that temptation even though my head knows that. playing w/house money so prob. continue whats making me money. 1-2 bad wks might change that thinking. esp. if bankrool gets closer to even. when that happens ill come back for the "I told ya so". when".... like that possitive thinking? I'm a former degenerate. thats why I took 10 yrs off. playing small time now. trying to have a little fun. way to much free time. retired. spending less time in bars. my pool game is suffering though. hmmm... once a degenerate always 1?
    We have much in common, age, pool, but I gambled for a living until I was 38 so had to learn anti degen and discipline a must or you don't eat or better get a real job. GL man!

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    Last 2 weeks have been great for teasers. Not sure how long this run will last. So who are u teasing this weekend?
    Just really got started. Early lean Sea +14.5 and I had a total but left it at work. Will try to post some early leans tomorrow for debate. The banker almost saved me last week but I got lucky and squeaked one in.

Can't say enough about Banker and Biff's input and threads. Always positive and great input.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    nfl crossing the 3 and 7 is all you need to worry about with teasers. Totals are alright for teasers but outside of the previous scenario, teasers are sucker plays IMO.
    Disagree and hopefully we can change your opinion. It's just not 3 and 7. See my Sea lean +14.5. 10,11,13,14 huge numbers.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    Disagree and hopefully we can change your opinion. It's just not 3 and 7. See my Sea lean +14.5. 10,11,13,14 huge numbers.
    10, 13, and 14 are good numbers but you don't have to pay extra to buy off them do you? That should say something

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    10, 13, and 14 are good numbers but you don't have to pay extra to buy off them do you? That should say something
    Never say never but I do not buy pts. To me it's -ev long term for the number of actual times it changes your fate.

First 12