maxvalue1
    maxvalue1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

college football totals...why does it take some books forever to post lines ?

Its late Wednesday and there are still allot of US books that have not posted CFB totals yet.

Could some of you please help put a list of US books that post early CFB totals ??? thanks

I will start with the obvious

Bookmaker
    Five dimes
    Betonline

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i think those are the only 3 for us that post them early,,,it takes so long for a couple reasons, there a lot of movement with ncaa totals and most books rather you not get the best side of a number... hell most wont even post a ton of ncaa hoops totals...

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

It's called taking an edge.

That's what they do , and if you win, they cut your limits.

No different from a local at the end of the day.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

lots of books are scared, but other side is what if they take action and go broke and stiff. better for you when book knows their limits

maxvalue1
    maxvalue1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by skrtelfan View Post
    lots of books are scared, but other side is what if they take action and go broke and stiff. better for you when book knows their limits
    True.. LIMITS is key word..at least they could offer something ?? $300 limit

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by skrtelfan View Post
    Good post.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15313

Greek has them up usually within a hour of Bookmaker

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    Greek has them up usually within a hour of Bookmaker
    i remember the good times when i could play at greek,,,,im sure there tons of options for you lucky folks that dont live in the dumbest country ever!

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Totals are a volatile market. Best to let others take hits , and them post lines when they settle.

My biggest gripe is why do some books only post 60% of the totals? What does that accomplish? Mainly its a problem with Vegas books. Its an amatuer move imo.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Totals are a volatile market. Best to let others take hits , and them post lines when they settle.

My biggest gripe is why do some books only post 60% of the totals? What does that accomplish? Mainly its a problem with Vegas books. Its an amatuer move imo.
    everyone afraid of posting a weak total and getting creamed

some of these college totals open up quite far from where they should be

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

cause they're b*tches

Arilou
    Arilou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 949

If you post a total you're exposing yourself to market moves, including 3.5 point moves when Right Angle Sports releases picks. In exchange, they get action on them early in the week from... a bunch of people trying to pick off weak lines. There isn't much in the way of profitable or two-way action early in the week and even later in the week that stuff is no picnic on small games; the books that don't offer the other totals don't offer them cause managing them is a headache that earns them nothing but the attention of some advantage players.