marcojuiceman
    marcojuiceman's Avatar Become A Pro!

NC State Predicted To Win the ACC Title

The Wolfpack, which returns four starters from last season’s team that posted a 24-13 record and advanced to the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament, received eight first-place votes in balloting among the league’s 12 head coaches.

Listed below are results of the coaches’ voting in the ACC preseason poll.

Team Predictions (first-place votes)
    1. NC State (8) 139
    2. Duke (3) 130
    3. North Carolina (1) 124
    4. Miami 104
    5. Florida State 103
    6. Maryland 78
    7. Virginia 68
    8. Clemson 61
    9. Georgia Tech 40
    T10. Virginia Tech 32
    T10. Wake Forest 32
    12. Boston College 25

marcojuiceman

Have Lindy's Book already on the Way Cant Wait for CBB

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

legit #3 behind UL and IU

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

Wolfpack had a big recruiting year this year too.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    Wolfpack had a big recruiting year this year too.
    STole Rodney Purvis from us...

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    STole Rodney Purvis from us...

Keep telling yourself that buddy. Purvis has had his eye on the Pack since 8th grade. Once we got rid of Lowe and brought in the Gottfather it was a done deal.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post

Keep telling yourself that buddy. Purvis has had his eye on the Pack since 8th grade. Once we got rid of Lowe and brought in the Gottfather it was a done deal.
    Well he was committed with us for quite a while, but we don't need' em anyway...

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by marcojuiceman View Post
    Have Lindy's Book already on the Way Cant Wait for CBB
    I'm pretty jacked too. But also a little worried about the hype machine.

Do we have the best starting 5 in the ACC? Yes.

Do we have the best guard in the ACC? Yes.

Do we have the best forward in the ACC? Yes.

Do we have the best 3 point shooter in the ACC? Yes.

But we lack depth in the front court, and being that the refs are going to be sukking Ol' Roy's cancer-surviving rooster even more than usual this season it's pretty assured Richard Howell is fouling out early in the 2nd half against the Heels in both games.

Still pissed about that Karl Hess bullshit from last season. And don't get me started on the debacle against UNC in the ACC tourney. I mean, when ESPN, a company whose president is a UNC alum, is calling out your officiating for being pathetically biased in UNC's favor, you know you suck.

It would just be nice to lose a big game because we sucked and not because the refs put it in our ass.
    Last edited by The Madcap; 10-16-12 at 05:06 PM.

The Madcap

Well he was committed with us for quite a while, but we don't need' em anyway...
    Yeah, but then the Pack hired Gott. Purvis wanted nothing to do with Lowe. Pack hires Gott, Purvis decommits from Louisville about a month later. No coincidence. And Fuller having left Pitino's staff for Mizzou just made it easier.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

yeah when fuller left their was brief talk that he would follow, but Im glad he went to nc state...

you guys got a hell of a squad...

And your right, the big question now is just how they will handle the hype...

fishmonger
    Very sharp square
    fishmonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

NC State sucks. Carolina will beat them again because state just can't put it together against them, younger brother syndrome. Duke will beat them because they are better coached with good white kids. Will probably lose to Wake Forest or Virginia because they are suppose to win against Wake Forest and Virginia.

Will fall out of the top ten fast and middle around in the top 20 for the rest of the season because they will be third in the ACC next to Carolina and Duke. This is what NC State does. Look back at this post right before the NCAA tournament and tell me this isn't what happened.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
    NC State sucks. Carolina will beat them again because state just can't put it together against them, younger brother syndrome. Duke will beat them because they are better coached with good white kids. Will probably lose to Wake Forest or Virginia because they are suppose to win against Wake Forest and Virginia.

Will fall out of the top ten fast and middle around in the top 20 for the rest of the season because they will be third in the ACC next to Carolina and Duke. This is what NC State does. Look back at this post right before the NCAA tournament and tell me this isn't what happened.
    Way off here..

fishmonger
    Very sharp square

Way off here..
    Dude i played at State. I know how shit happens there. Keep on reading your magazines and watching ESPN for all your Square ass info.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Dude i played at State. I know how shit happens there. Keep on reading your magazines and watching ESPN for all your Square ass info.
    What year did you play?

Im not reading magazine's ... I follow NCAABB closer than anybody on this site....

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

My boy Dominic played their, he sat the bench and than transferred to drexel...

Few years back...

fishmonger
    Very sharp square

98 football. Im pretty sure you probably have a grasp on NCAA basketball but you don't know how NC State has had a complexion against Duke and Carolina in basketball like i do.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

98 football. Im pretty sure you probably have a grasp on NCAA basketball but you don't know how NC State has had a complexion against Duke and Carolina in basketball like i do.
    They played them pretty well last year, and while I agree that they will struggle at times due to the hype, I believe they are a legit top 5 team..

brother

70'sMan
    70'sMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6806

As a Carolina grad I would like to welcome NC State back to the ACC. When I grew up State was a huge rival. Despite the BS and barbs already being thrown, I missed the consistently competitive and intense games. So before I degenerate back to the "Teach a young child to hate State" mode, a sincere good luck wish to my fellow Carolinians.

fishmonger
    Very sharp square

I guess the season will tell. I have to disagree with confidence.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

40-0

The Madcap

My boy Dominic played their, he sat the bench and than transferred to drexel...

Few years back...
    you're boys with D.Mejia?

small world. had a class with him. pretty cool dude.

And don't sleep on the fishmonger's analysis. We are getting way over-hyped for a team that hasn't proven shit against Duke/UNC yet. Yes, you could argue the refs stole two of the UNC games last year, but still, with better coaching and smarter play it wouldn't have been an issue.

You got to understand that State fans have been watching losers and underachievers for three straight decades. Most of us are so beaten down and jaded we're like Redsox fans pre-2004. We'll see it when we believe it. The Pack loves to play to their level of competition, which means we might beat Duke, but then turn around and lose to Clemson or Wake or Georgia Tech or whoever else is gawd awful that year.

I don't think we'll lose to Wake Forest this year, but I can definitely see losing to UVA in Charlottesville.

Frankly, despite all the expectations/hype, I will be more than happy if the Pack enters the NCAA tourney with a #4 seed and ranked somewhere between 12-16 in the polls.

I see at least 5-6 losses on the ACC schedule. @Duke, @UNC, @UVA, @FSU, @ Clemson, v Miami. Could have a 4 game losing streak in there. And that's IF we beat UNC in Raleigh. Will probably also lose to Michigan and some other piddling team, say Penn State, @UCONN, @ MD.

Will probably have a record around 21-7, 20-8 heading into the ACC tourney needing a couple wins to solidify a #4 seed.

As much as I want to believe we'll only lose 3 conference games, 6 just seems that much more likely. And if we do somehow manage to take 3 of 4 from UNC/Duke, you can bet your bottom dollar we'll find a way to lose to FSU twice and UVA or Clemson and blow the reg season title to Duke.

marcojuiceman

Michigan also has an experienced team beware of the Wolves also

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Duke and North Carolina will finish third and fourth in the ACC this year, and I would have said fourth and fifth if Maryland still had Stoglin.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

what is the best pre-season tourny this year?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    what is the best pre-season tourny this year?
    Atlantis?

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Duke and North Carolina will finish third and fourth in the ACC this year, and I would have said fourth and fifth if Maryland still had Stoglin.
    What happened to Stoglin?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    What happened to Stoglin?
    Kicked off team, don't think it ever came out what he did

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    you're boys with D.Mejia?

small world. had a class with him. pretty cool dude.

And don't sleep on the fishmonger's analysis. We are getting way over-hyped for a team that hasn't proven shit against Duke/UNC yet. Yes, you could argue the refs stole two of the UNC games last year, but still, with better coaching and smarter play it wouldn't have been an issue.

You got to understand that State fans have been watching losers and underachievers for three straight decades. Most of us are so beaten down and jaded we're like Redsox fans pre-2004. We'll see it when we believe it. The Pack loves to play to their level of competition, which means we might beat Duke, but then turn around and lose to Clemson or Wake or Georgia Tech or whoever else is gawd awful that year.

I don't think we'll lose to Wake Forest this year, but I can definitely see losing to UVA in Charlottesville.

Frankly, despite all the expectations/hype, I will be more than happy if the Pack enters the NCAA tourney with a #4 seed and ranked somewhere between 12-16 in the polls.

I see at least 5-6 losses on the ACC schedule. @Duke, @UNC, @UVA, @FSU, @ Clemson, v Miami. Could have a 4 game losing streak in there. And that's IF we beat UNC in Raleigh. Will probably also lose to Michigan and some other piddling team, say Penn State, @UCONN, @ MD.

Will probably have a record around 21-7, 20-8 heading into the ACC tourney needing a couple wins to solidify a #4 seed.

As much as I want to believe we'll only lose 3 conference games, 6 just seems that much more likely. And if we do somehow manage to take 3 of 4 from UNC/Duke, you can bet your bottom dollar we'll find a way to lose to FSU twice and UVA or Clemson and blow the reg season title to Duke.
    yeah we used to ball all the time in offseason , he went to a rival highschool in jersey...

gl to your boys...

fishmonger
    Very sharp square

Scary how right I was.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3365

Scary how right I was.
    Yeah, you were spot on for the regular season. They have a chance to make a run in the tournament. Need to get better play from CJ and Wood to hit 3's. Time will tell.

ch3ss
    i make it rain....
    ch3ss's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 376

NC state has a ton of talent.... Miami came out of nowhere I will say that.....

Leslie and Wood are NC States keys to success obviously !