TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Is It Just Me Or Are The Opening Lines "Soft" At 5 Dimes Lately?

I normally don't wager opening lines... but some of the lines are very soft for the favorites... and in these games... the favorites have covered 80% of them. 5Dimes has never been this soft in years.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

Good point.

Im kicking myself for not getting miami at -2.5 last week (woulda bought off the 3) instead of them closing at 5.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    Good point.

Im kicking myself for not getting miami at -2.5 last week (woulda bought off the 3) instead of them closing at 5.

5 dimes was the only book to put up -3 that I see, and they wanted -130. So you would pay another 25 or 30 cents to buy THAT down to 2.5? So youre then paying -155/-160 for -2.5. Are you soft in the head? The ML was less than -200 for about 4 days.

I would book anyone's action that was going to habitually buy off the 3 especially if they were willing to pay that much.

Getting the best line is important but you have to know when too much is WAY too much to do so.

When you have to jump through hoops to beg a team to cover then that team was the 'wrong' side, plain and simple.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

Well all in all i ended up taking a little bit of the ml which i got at -230 on sunday when it was -5 and parlayed it with the jets -4 (i gave off the 3.5).

So regardless it worked out.