zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Nationals on brink of elimination already in first ever postseason why not Strasburg?

I mean seriously. it's the first fkn round. your about to be cooked when your fan base was thinking WS at one point.

it's not going to ruin the kids career to have him throw the likely 7 innings he'll give you. If Brett Anderson can come off from not pitching in 20 days so can Strasburg.

fukin idiots.

have him throw a bullpen today and let him fly.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Pussies is why. Future of franchise theory etc. kid wants on the mound and team is heated cause coach yanked him. Demoralizing.

homerbush
    homerbush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3780

I doubt he is on the roster for the division series so it is a no factor.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Pussies is why. Future of franchise theory etc. kid wants on the mound and team is heated cause coach yanked him. Demoralizing.
    penetrate your future of your franchise. you don't get opportunities like this often. 7 innings is not going to ruin the damn kids arm.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by homerbush View Post
    I doubt he is on the roster for the division series so it is a no factor.
    yeah that is true. can he be activated?

who is supposed to start for them next? and please don't tell me tom gorzelanny cause than i'll really die over this decision.

homerbush

If they had an injury they could activate him..... Would it be hard to fake an injury? Who knows what the penalties would be for that if caught.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

wouldnt matter anyways..... he could of won them the game tommorow st louis wins in 5...... now i think st louis wins in 4

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Why didn't they just wait till a month or so into the season so he could finish his innings limit in the postseason?

Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Losing Strasburg was the end of the road for the Nationals. Everybody knew Jackson was going to get lit up by the Cards today. They needed to go with Stras in game 1, Zimmerman game 2, Gio game 3, Detwiller in game 4. This rotation just isnt good enough. How ironic is it that Jackson is by far the highest paid pitcher on the roster?

So now the Nationals are down 2-1, on the brink of elimination, and they have Detwiller going next who just got lit up by the Cards. Lohse go touched up by the Nats last time he faced them but i give him a lot of respect for how he pitched in that wild card game. He has what it takes. I think Detwiller might freeze up and not be able to throw strikes in this high pressure situation.

Bottom line is them deciding to sit Stras was detrimental to the club. They still have a chance to do something special this year but its not looking good. Sitting Stras was just so fukking stupid. It might of cost them a ring.

St. Louis is looking tough. Real tough. I think they might win it all again.

homerbush

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Why didn't they just wait till a month or so into the season so he could finish his innings limit in the postseason?
    I always wondered this too, it was not like the east race was really that close.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

What a waste for the nats!!!!!!!!!

Bdolan33
    Bdolan33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Because ultimately its not about winning championships, its about having a healthy franchise player who can keep your team in contention and profitable for as long as possible. Owners mentality in every sport: 5 years of playoffs with no championship > 1 year of a championship and 4 years of no playoff baseball.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Quote Originally Posted by Bdolan33 View Post
    Because ultimately its not about winning championships, its about having a healthy franchise player who can keep your team in contention and profitable for as long as possible. Owners mentality in every sport: 5 years of playoffs with no championship > 1 year of a championship and 4 years of no playoff baseball.
    Come on, Man. Do you think that a couple more games would make THAT much of a difference?

Mantle7
    Death Stare

It's not like the Nationals have the division locked up for the next 5 years.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Detwiler is a good home pitcher. Road stats are admittedly horrific.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

what's funny is DC is just not a baseball town and fans here don't really care. Everyone here is more worried about the Deadskins and RG3 who will not sniff the playoffs. Most people are glad to hear the Nationals had a good season, but nobody here cares that Strasburg is not out there. Management will get a free pass here.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Biggest mistake in baseball history

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by Mantle7 View Post
    It's not like the Nationals have the division locked up for the next 5 years.
    exactly

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

nationals front office has made every possible mistake as of late