Pete0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Seems like books are not scared for heavy public on an easy -6.5 line

although ML is a different story.

maybe Stan wins by 1-6 and goes under.

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    didn't washington get curb stomped by LSU?

what makes anyone think they can hang with a team that beat the #1 team in the nation?

Vegas loves you.

TheFlash
    TheFlash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1735

Really dont see how Washington can be compared to Seattle just because its at the same stadium. They were 3-3 last year. (One of those losses included a 0-41 thrashing by stanford)

Standford wins by about 14 - 21 I think due to their good pass rush/run defense and the fact Washingtons O-Line is depleted. People act like Vegas knows how every game will be played. Its simple, theres a good team playing a shit team. Standford have had 10 days rest and enough time to study this game and improve their own game even more i.e work on offensive production.
    Last edited by TheFlash; 09-26-12 at 08:06 PM.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

compsmoker
    compsmoker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1550

Took Stanford. I know they are the away team and playing at century link. I agree that the home team has a plus with that and do believe that the Huskies will step up their game. However Standford is still going to be dominating on offense. I think they will be able to control the game this way.

I know you can't really look at the last two meets between this team with Standford having a different QB in the game but they stomped the Huskies the last two times. They won't win by those huge margins but I still think they will come out well ahead.

I would consider betting the under as well.

catt0025
    catt0025's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 356

I found Stanford still at -6.5 and locked it in immediately. Counting my money already. Washington is terrrrrrible.

pulledclear

Quote Originally Posted by compsmoker View Post
    Took Stanford. I know they are the away team and playing at century link. I agree that the home team has a plus with that and do believe that the Huskies will step up their game. However Standford is still going to be dominating on offense. I think they will be able to control the game this way.

I know you can't really look at the last two meets between this team with Standford having a different QB in the game but they stomped the Huskies the last two times. They won't win by those huge margins but I still think they will come out well ahead.

I would consider betting the under as well.

And dont forget they did CRUSH San Jose St by 3!!!

pulledclear

Quote Originally Posted by catt0025 View Post
    I found Stanford still at -6.5 and locked it in immediately. Counting my money already. Washington is terrrrrrible.
    Did you base that on the SJ st drubbing!!!!

TheFlash

pulledclear

You seem to be a Washington fan or a person trying to defend their bet hardcore.....wow. Yeah week 1 they had a terrible game against SJ State, but since haven't lost a game and beat a team in the top 15 that were number 1 at the time.

Look at the teams/injuries for the current week.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Vegas indirectly says Stanford scores 27. It is fair with the given spread and total. 47.5 is low.

This was 4.5/4 preseason GOY lines. So after key Wash injuries, Wash power rating down big, Wash perception in the toilet, Stanford power rating up big, and Stanford perception through the roof, this only opened 7 and then moved down to 6.5 with 75% on Stanford. Cardinal backers

Compared to a real adjustment like Nebraska -2 goy vs Wisc to -12.5
    Last edited by Sunde91; 09-26-12 at 08:50 PM. Reason: compared

CanuckG

I will be attending the game and I'll run out on the field and tackle the Stanford QB if I have to....

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I tend to agree, Canuck. Slight lean, but probably will pass.

Washington at home getting spotted a TD is decent.

They are always good for one upset, although it is usually USC.

pulledclear

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlash View Post
    pulledclear

You seem to be a Washington fan or a person trying to defend their bet hardcore.....wow. Yeah week 1 they had a terrible game against SJ State, but since haven't lost a game and beat a team in the top 15 that were number 1 at the time.

Pistol_Peter
    Pistol_Peter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 547

What do you guys think of the 1st half lines? Under 24? Washington +3.5? Maybe a 6 point teaser? Under 30, Washington +9.5?

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    Vegas indirectly says Stanford scores 27. It is fair with the given spread and total. 47.5 is low.

This was 4.5/4 preseason GOY lines. So after key Wash injuries, Wash power rating down big, Wash perception in the toilet, Stanford power rating up big, and Stanford perception through the roof, this only opened 7 and then moved down to 6.5 with 75% on Stanford. Cardinal backers

Compared to a real adjustment like Nebraska -2 goy vs Wisc to -12.5

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Cant ignore the rlm right boys.....

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlash View Post
    pulledclear

they've only played 2 games since then, both at home, one against duke, another versus USC who was overrated, and they've beat the past 3 years.

they've yet to go on the road this year either,

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry to bust your bubble but USC is not overrated, as they have a very strong team on both sides of the ball, and on special teams. Losing a game does make them overrated.
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 09-26-12 at 09:24 PM.

CanuckG

No question Stanford is the better team....lets not argue that...

ebbearsfb1

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Sorry to bust your bubble but USC is not overrated, as they have a very strong team on both sides of the ball, and on special teams. Losing a game does make them overrated.

sure they have a strong team on both sides, but lack of depth already showed, not saying they arent top 10 good, but where they number 1 good? no, USC was very overhyped and it was based off them going hot late last year... nothing wrong with that.

but its funny with posters how everyone loves stanford cause two weeks ago when they did play USC everyone was saying undervalued the line was and usc should be a double digit favorite and all that goodness, and look what happened

ebbearsfb1

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    No question Stanford is the better team....lets not argue that...
    agreed, but a) the better team doesnt alway cover b) better team doesnt always win
    c) its a Thursday night home dog

also first road game for Stanford and the new qb,

TheFlash

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    they've only played 2 games since then, both at home, one against duke, another versus USC who was overrated, and they've beat the past 3 years.

USC are over rated because they got beaten? You might of had some logic before...aaaaaaaannnnnnnnddddddddddd its gone.

ebbearsfb1

Where did I say usc is overrated cause they got beat? O wait I didn't... usc was worthy of the number 1 ranking based off of what exactly? Never said usc isn't a great team but anyone who watched them against cuse then stanford could see they weren't number 1... top 10 yes but number 1 no, but I guess everyone just watches the hype machine tv for opinions
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: areallygoodnoob

TheFlash

Lets not forget that over thinking these types of games can get you in trouble. So im just going to place my bet $100 on Standford at -6.5. A) Because the are a better team
    B) They have an amazing pass rush/run D and the Washington O Line is goneski
    C) Their offense has had 10 days to improve since knocking off USC....(who are a good team)

Urbanwildlife

Where did I say usc is overrated cause they got beat? O wait I didn't... usc was worthy of the number 1 ranking based off of what exactly? Never said usc isn't a great team but anyone who watched them against cuse then stanford could see they weren't number 1... top 10 yes but number 1 no, but I guess everyone just watches the hype machine tv for opinions
    ebbearsfb1,
    To refresh your memory, or you have selective memory ... Clarification. You might not have said they were overrated because they were beaten, but as you can see, you did state they were overrated, which is the same fricking thing.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

USC was ranked #1
    USC lost
    USC did not deserive to be ranked #1 in the first place
    -USC is overrated

Define overrated cause I think that covers it. And San Jose State played Stanford better than them.

Nunes tomorrow: 12/31 104 yards 3 INT gl

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

stanford is on another planet from washington...

you have to give a massive HFA to washington (which might be reasonable) to back them.

i'm going stanford. not sure lean or play though. maybe just ML it.

Urbanwildlife

Sunde91, you are a genius to have that all figured out like that. Wow, just truly amazing.

CanuckG

USC was ranked #1
    USC lost
    -USC is overrated

Define overrated cause I think that covers it. And San Jose State played Stanford better than them.

Settle down pal Nunes wont be that bad

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Roxxy???

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by pulledclear View Post
    Vegas loves you.

oh yeah ... you a sharp buddy??? we shall see. I guarantee i will be posting after the game tomorrow so you can call me out if i'm wrong.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

USC was ranked #1
    USC lost
    -USC is overrated

who is that in your avatar ? i'm just curious

CanuckG

Looks like Dana Holgorsen

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

Totally agree Canuck and exactly for the reasons you wrote.

Obv Stanford is a good team. And Washington is as bad as they looked at LSU, then the play will lose.

But this is a perfect set up spot for Stanford to lay down on the road where a lot of big teams have come and gone home with a loss.

Getting a touchdown is a real bonus.

If Stanford can match their USC game, then it will be a bad Husky night. I'm betting with you that that will not occur.

First 12345 Last