The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    This phony referee situation is all about the NFL, Goodell and the owners putting up a strong united front against the players if they decided to strike. The NFL, Goodell and the owners look implacable and unyielding in their negotiations with the refs and the players realize they arent going to cave. Backfired big time but this is just another example of the stupidity and mediocrity in the NFL and their marketing of the product, this sport should be alot bigger world wide but it isnt.

The NBA is experiencing enormous growth in Asia and Eastern Europe, Baseball is huge in Japan, South America and increasingly other parts of Asia. NFL has kept American football from becoming a world sport in alot of ways, even gambling on this crap is becoming ridiculous much less watching this crap. This season may end up having an asterisk beside it like the 99 NBA season if they dont do something quick.

Great list of all the week 3 mistakes http://nfl.si.com/2012/09/23/replacement-refs-stumble-through-more-issues-in-week-3/?sct=hp_t12_a1&eref=sihp
    According to the last forbes estimates I saw was that the NFL ( over 1 billion) had double the profits of MLB which had double the profits of the NBA. I doubt the owners are worried about it not being wordly even though I think it is moreso than people think. The Super Bowl was broadcast in 200 countries. Nothing touches the NFL.
    http://www.voanews.com/content/super...79/165122.html

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Lingerie football fired a couple of referee crews that are now working in the nfl. Lingerie football, a game with integrity

http://deadspin.com/5946112/the-ling...f-incompetence

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    According to the last forbes estimates I saw was that the NFL ( over 1 billion) had double the profits of MLB which had double the profits of the NBA. I doubt the owners are worried about it not being wordly even though I think it is moreso than people think. The Super Bowl was broadcast in 200 countries. Nothing touches the NFL.
    http://www.voanews.com/content/super...79/165122.html
    NFL profits from some incredible TV deals and it is the biggest sport in the US certainly but in terms of foreign markets and growth, I just dont see the NFL making very many good decisions. Its also a very poor sport for alot of individual teams though in terms of revenue sharing from merchandise and how long will a domestic market continue to support this kind of garbage? There are very few foreign players in the NFL but the NBA and MLB has some incredible markets to tap.The Super Bowl is certainly the premier event but I just dont see how can anyone can tolerate this garbage we have seen this year.

The Seer

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    ........I just dont see how can anyone can tolerate this garbage we have seen this year.
    I might have a different view if I had lost my bet like some posters but I think it has made it even more entertaining. It's like combining sports and comedy.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    strike will be settled this week
    Someone doesn't know the difference between a strike and a lockout! You're a fool if you bet the NFL right now.

Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedTaco View Post
    Omg.. that got me. Lolololol.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

The hilarious part about all this is if the lock out ends how much fukking pressure the regular referees are going to be under to make the right calls. People are going to realize mistakes happen all the time.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Dumbest thing you have ever posted jj

The Seer

Players are gonna play, people are gonna watch, bettors are gonna bet, books are gonna take bets, business as usual
    If anything more people might tune in just to see what happens next. All that's been talked about today everywhere has been the NFL.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Seer Good points

Your rarely wrong

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

i was coming to post that. i think the rating for next weeks games will be higher because of this.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post
    This was like one of those Buffalo Wild Wings commercials.
    Hahahahaha

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

NFL prints money and the money printing business is good...havnt heard any radio/tv show all morning mention anything other than nfl so tell me how this is bad for them?

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

apple is going to sue the nfl based on how similar the replacement refs and the apple maps get stuff wrong

Starion
    Starion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 414

I want to know why the media isn't ridiculing the REFS for being too greedy and selfish. Ever think about that? Why are the owners always the problem? Reporters should be standing outside Ed Hochuli's house demanding to know when he's going to put an end to this insanity.

First 123