bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Are replacement refs (reg refs on strike) the reason the games have been so crazy?

Seems like every game is fuckin nuts lately with a ton of questionable "phantom" calls, Denver almost comes back from 20 down with 10 mins to play against Houston, Baltimore storms back against NE.

Seems like the calls have been a little eh strange lately, one has to wonder if these temporary replacement refs might be incompetent or perhaps even more likely to fix games

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think if you were to show a random game from last season to people who didn't know better (and thought it was from from this year with replacement refs) you'd have the same complaining.

The only real issue I have seen has been how G-D long it takes to confer when it comes time to do a replay or spot the ball. Momentum was already being affected by delays, this year it's worse.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    I think if you were to show a random game from last season to people who didn't know better (and thought it was from from this year with replacement refs) you'd have the same complaining.

The only real issue I have seen has been how G-D long it takes to confer when it comes time to do a replay or spot the ball. Momentum was already being affected by delays, this year it's worse.

RawBillyIce
    Big Bad Billy's, Sweet William Now!!
    RawBillyIce's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you watched last nights entire game the refs were absolutely horrible. NE Pats clearly were dominating the game and on 3rd and 9 I think it was, an incomplete pass is thrown and Baltimore would have had to punt or go for it (NE up 2 possessions). Refs call Defensive holding and replay clearly shows none whatsoever.

Automatic 1st down and that turned into TD and go on to win by 1.

For Tony Dungy to say after game that it is like having an injured player and that you go on forward anyways, is a statement that I don't agree with. Matter of fact, I think his statement needs to be addressed by others.

These rrefs are phucking up the game and the NFL is just saying we need to make the best of it. The NFL prides itself as clearly being the MOST professional sport on Earth. So, for this to be going on and the league trying to avoid it and sweep it under the rug is terrible.

Conclussion: Close the deal with the Real Refs and let's have a happy NFL season. The season is just getting on it's way.

bettilimbroke999

There were 2 shitty calls in the 4th qtr NE/Balt that may have decided the game, there was an interception by Ed Reed (which should've won it for Baltimore) but instead they called illegal contact and gave NE 5 yards and a 1st down instead and then there was a 2nd and 14 incomplete pass by Baltimore that was called defensive holding (would've been a difficult 3rd and 14) and gave Baltimore 5 yards and a 1st down that ended up leading to a TD drive.

Not sure how much these regular refs are asking for that would make you bring in these incompetent subs but they need to work this shit out and get the professionalism back in the NFL, they are making billions a year and need to quit tryin to Jew the decent refs out of a few mil. Hell just put in another commercial break per game to pay the refs their pensions, they already have 105 commercial breaks who will notice an extra one.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RawBillyIce

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

I ain't gonna bitch about the refs.

You know why?

Because these dudes, literally, were asked to do this just a couple weeks from the start of the season.

Plus, they want some extra money in their pockets that doing these games give them.

How can anybody fault them for that?

Hell, they're so new to this, that they're still learning the rule book.

It's a tougher job than most think it is.

Under the circumstances, it ain't been half bad actually.

dom75
    dom75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 511

It just seems to me that these replacement refs are fixing games. I mean they know they are only filling in for an "x" amount of games, so why not fix games and make some cash. Besides, no one could really raise too much of an eyebrow as the replacements could easily say oh I didn't know better on certain calls as I am a non professional ref.

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

i agree i think they have thier cash tied into these gms the calls they make are just to bad to be true if u get what im saying

bettilimbroke999

Sure, if I were a replacement ref I'd be riggin the fuk out of the games. Hell Id be allin every game I reffed knowing that as soon as the union agrees to a deal Im gonna be fired guaranteed fuk yea Id be a millionaire by the time they fired me

3rd and long...looked like PASS INTERFERENCE
    Interception...only bc of some ILLEGAL CONTACT
    Incomplete on 3rd down huh...how bout a PERSONAL FOUL AFTER THE PLAY AUTOMATIC FIRST DOWN BITCH!

Touchdown!
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 09-24-12 at 03:35 PM.

j37hr0
    Small Time Square
    j37hr0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

It's made the games drag on and on and on. The SF MIN game was awful. Harbaugh challenged twice with no timeouts. WTF? Didn't affect the outcome of the game, but it was still retarded. The NE BAL game was terrible. Last week they did the two minute warning TWICE in the Philly game. I've given up on Sunday football. In the Denver game they mistakenly charged Denver a timeout for an injured player with 5 minutes left, untill the "NFL Administrator" (replay booth) buzzed down and told them that was wrong. It's unwatchable, but not fixed.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    I ain't gonna bitch about the refs.

You know why?

Because these dudes, literally, were asked to do this just a couple weeks from the start of the season.

Plus, they want some extra money in their pockets that doing these games give them.

How can anybody fault them for that?

No one is blaming the sub refs. We all know its not their fault. These guys are trying to do a job to their best of their ability but its quite clear they can't. The problem lies with the NFL. They need to get their shit together and get the pros back.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by dom75 View Post
    It just seems to me that these replacement refs are fixing games. I mean they know they are only filling in for an "x" amount of games, so why not fix games and make some cash. Besides, no one could really raise too much of an eyebrow as the replacements could easily say oh I didn't know better on certain calls as I am a non professional ref.
    Exactly, they probably dont get paid shit.
    The ref who got booted for being a Saints fan got exposed through ESPN, pretty clear that NFL has no clue who these guys really are.
    Im sure they can be influenced easily.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by alamo View Post
    No one is blaming the sub refs. We all know its not their fault. These guys are trying to do a job to their best of their ability but its quite clear they can't. The problem lies with the NFL. They need to get their shit together and get the pros back.
    The pros are being a bunch of greedy fukks.

Who the fukk do they think they are? They are not players. They do not (or should not) determine the outcome of a game.

If 10k a month ain't enough for them,just for reffing a game, the NFL is right in telling them to fukk off.

bettilimbroke999

Its been absolutely horrific but I agree it is bc its actually a tough job and they are brand new to this and dont even know the rulebook who could expect anything else than this garbage we've been watching for 3 weeks. The league needs to give the reg refs the few mil they're asking for and get back to doing what they do best...finding new places to put in commercial breaks.
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 09-24-12 at 03:45 PM.

RawBillyIce
    Big Bad Billy's, Sweet William Now!!
    RawBillyIce's Avatar Become A Pro!

Look,

You can't blame the replacement refs at all. Also, I don't believe for a sec that these games are fixed.

You have the greedy leauge unwilling to pay the Real Refs what they want so the league is to blame. Send in your closer ...(call an emergency meeting between the league and the Refs Union) and close the deal. Compromise ...close it and raise small fees elsewhere ,etc.

Watch the game closely tonight. There will be at least a couple calls that are not good by these RR and like Bettilimbroke999 said ... there were 2-3 calls last night that were game changers. This cannot happen. Last nights poor officiating caused a game to go down in the history books 31-30 Ravens when it most likely should have been different.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Seems like every game is fuckin nuts lately with a ton of questionable "phantom" calls, Denver almost comes back from 20 down with 10 mins to play against Houston, Baltimore storms back against NE.

Seems like the calls have been a little eh strange lately, one has to wonder if these temporary replacement refs might be incompetent or perhaps even more likely to fix games
    The refs aren't on strike. The league has locked them out. The league essentially fired them all and said if you want your job back you have to take a pay cut, quit your day jobs, and forfeit your pension.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

The pros are being a bunch of greedy fukks.

Who the fukk do they think they are? They are not players. They do not (or should not) determine the outcome of a game.

If 10k a month ain't enough for them,just for reffing a game, the NFL is right in telling them to fukk off.
    They get more than 10k a month

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post
    The refs aren't on strike. The league has locked them out. The league essentially fired them all and said if you want your job back you have to take a pay cut, quit your day jobs, and forfeit your pension.
    The refs actually want more money and the league doesnt want to give it to them, the ridiculous thing is that the financial distance between the 2 sides amounts to about 4 million per year, when you take into consideration the league makes around 9 billion in revenue each season its absurd that this problem hasnt already been solved

Pete0
    --------------------
    Pete0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Replacement refs are like substitute teachers...