SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    his fight with DelaHoya was very close. A terrible fight but close.
    If anyone was robbed in that fight, it was Floyd for not getting the unanimous decision. Oscar completely abandoned his jab, and would occasionally flurry to the excitement of the crowd a la Pac, and land next to nothing on Pretty Boy Floyd. He was outclassed and I'm happy to at least see you not say that you thought the wrong man won the (lopsided) bout.

firstclass
    firstclass's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4303

to much cash involved... this fight will happen, when is the question...

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Lou must be president of Floyd's fan club

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    If anyone was robbed in that fight, it was Floyd for not getting the unanimous decision. Oscar completely abandoned his jab, and would occasionally flurry to the excitement of the crowd a la Pac, and land next to nothing on Pretty Boy Floyd. He was outclassed and I'm happy to at least see you not say that you thought the wrong man won the (lopsided) bout.
    i don't think anyone won the fight and we all should have all gotten a refund.

Thor4140

what exact fight has Pac all of a the sudden shown people he has had this big decline? Because he lost his last fight while winning 9 or ten of the 12 rounds against an undefeated fighter? Please guys just cause he has a L for the last fight doesn't mean he is declining. it is almost as silly as people saying Floyd is scared of him.

SBR Lou

what exact fight has Pac all of a the sudden shown people he has had this big decline? Because he lost his last fight while winning 9 or ten of the 12 rounds against an undefeated fighter? Please guys just cause he has a L for the last fight doesn't mean he is declining. it is almost as silly as people saying Floyd is scared of him.
    It could have something to do with the fact that most people also believe Marquez dominated him before that. He didn't do enough in either fight.

RawBillyIce
    Big Bad Billy's, Sweet William Now!!
    RawBillyIce's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marquez won last fight (should have)

Bradley no

May weather got smacked and bloodied his last fight

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

4 years ago this was the dream fight, now IF it ever happens it will be 2 guys past their primes

JamesKim
    JamesKim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 350

If Pacquiao started talking some trash, he could hurt Floyd's ego enough to get him to sign.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Floyd will be a reasonable priced favorite and unless he loses his speed in the next 12 months he will win a lopsided decision that won't be reflected in the scorecards so a rematch could be warranted. I like both fighters but Floyd is on another level than Manny. Bigger, faster and much smarter in the ring. Ever since Manny became bible boy he lost something in the ring.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

he fights these tomato cans for less money ..... why?
    cuz he knows hes better and will win easily

so the only conclusion is that he knows that pacman has a serious chance of beating him

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1932

If this fight doesn't happen, then Boxing sucks.

At least in MMA, great fights are made.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by RawBillyIce View Post
    May weather got smacked and bloodied his last fight
    He stood and traded by choice. My view is he knows he's close to the end of the road, so he wants to be in exciting fights and capture more PPV buys for the next time. He could have easily boxed Cotto all day long and outpointed him, which would have made it a boring fight that felt "less close" but would still never be in doubt.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Mayweather 2to1 favorite way to good a counter puncher for Manny! Pacmans only chance is to hurt Floyd early!

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

mayweather, easy money

hougigo

his fight with DelaHoya was very close. A terrible fight but close.
    what'd you watch? the scorecards on boxrec

salvador_7764
    salvador_7764's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 415

Filipino power.

hougigo

He obviously has trouble with people who don't come forward, that's evident in his last 3 fights.
    His speed is in a decline as he's nowhere near as fast as he used to be.
    His last 2 fights he fought in spurts, worse in his fight against Bradley.
    9/10 rounds? Come on now

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    He obviously has trouble with people who don't come forward, that's evident in his last 3 fights.
    9/10 rounds? Come on now
    Let's also not glance over the fact that he completely dodged a rematch with Bradley. Maybe he thinks father time will have caught up to Marquez and that he can put him away convincingly in his fourth attempt.

Thor4140

9/10 rounds? Come on now
    Yeah 9 or ten rounds. There is a reason why people said it was the biggest rip off in boxing history and as for his speed please. He hasn't lost shit. I never thought he could beat Mayweather but now guys who have no clue and think Bradley really won, are now experts with Manny's speed decline. It is almost as dumb as the guy who thinks Mayweather will kill Manny cause Floyd did a better job with Marquez. Of course not mentioning that Hatton got smoked by Manny while Floyd went 11 with him. Styles make fights.

Thor4140

Let's also not glance over the fact that he completely dodged a rematch with Bradley. Maybe he thinks father time will have caught up to Marquez and that he can put him away convincingly in his fourth attempt.
    why should he fight Bradley again Lou? Everyone but you and this Hougigo guy thinks Bradley won. Fight was so lopsided it would be embarrassing for Manny to fight him again plus the fact nobody would watch it knowing the first match was total bullshit.

Thor4140

It could have something to do with the fact that most people also believe Marquez dominated him before that. He didn't do enough in either fight.
    Marquez beat him but dominating him is a bit much Lou. As for the Bradley fight yes Manny did enuf to people who call it fair. Your mayweather blinders are amazing.

SBR Lou

why should he fight Bradley again Lou? Everyone but you and this Hougigo guy thinks Bradley won. Fight was so lopsided it would be embarrassing for Manny to fight him again plus the fact nobody would watch it knowing the first match was total bullshit.
    He lost his belt and suffered the L. He should have proven beyond any doubt that the decision was a joke and blown Bradley away. He thought he could coast and pick his spots, he was wrong. That's not how the judges saw the fight, even the judge that gave him a two-point advantage. He also seems uncomfortable against good counterpunchers.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Lou is right Pacman has problems with counterpunchers and Floyd is the best counterpuncher/defensive fighter since Pernell Whitaker tall order for Pacman really like Floyd if fight ever happens!

hougigo

Yeah 9 or ten rounds. There is a reason why people said it was the biggest rip off in boxing history and as for his speed please. He hasn't lost shit. I never thought he could beat Mayweather but now guys who have no clue and think Bradley really won, are now experts with Manny's speed decline. It is almost as dumb as the guy who thinks Mayweather will kill Manny cause Floyd did a better job with Marquez. Of course not mentioning that Hatton got smoked by Manny while Floyd went 11 with him. Styles make fights.
    1. Never said he won, 10 rounds is retarded, 9 rounds is pushing it. I don't understand why everybody thought that fight was a blow out.
    And biggest rip off in boxing history? You got to be joking me, it's not even the biggest rip off of the year and it was only in June that they fought.
    And you just proved my point right there with what you said, style's make fights. Counter Punchers are kryptonite to Pac, Marquez proves it time and time again, not once has Pacquiao even come close to a convincing win with Marquez. Mayweather is a superior counter puncher in comparison.
    His lateral movement is gone which also takes away some of the angles that he had a couple of years ago.

Thor4140

1. Never said he won, 10 rounds is retarded, 9 rounds is pushing it. I don't understand why everybody thought that fight was a blow out.
    And biggest rip off in boxing history? You got to be joking me, it's not even the biggest rip off of the year and it was only in June that they fought.
    And you just proved my point right there with what you said, style's make fights. Counter Punchers are kryptonite to Pac, Marquez proves it time and time again, not once has Pacquiao even come close to a convincing win with Marquez. Mayweather is a superior counter puncher in comparison.
    His lateral movement is gone which also takes away some of the angles that he had a couple of years ago.
    i said people said it was the worst judge fight in history. Not me. Anyone who thought Manny lost that fight should either stop watching boxing or stop letting Floyd teabag them while they aare watching a fight. I never said Floyd wouldn't beat him. I always thought Floyd would but to say Manny has lost a lot of speed cause of his last two fights is nuts.

Thor4140

He lost his belt and suffered the L. He should have proven beyond any doubt that the decision was a joke and blown Bradley away. He thought he could coast and pick his spots, he was wrong. That's not how the judges saw the fight, even the judge that gave him a two-point advantage. He also seems uncomfortable against good counterpunchers.
    This is about money and it wasn't worth anything for him to beat a fighter 99 percent of the public already knew he beat. PPV would have been awful. This isn't boxing 30 years ago where guys fought to see who is the best.

hougigo

i said people said it was the worst judge fight in history. Not me. Anyone who thought Manny lost that fight should either stop watching boxing or stop letting Floyd teabag them while they aare watching a fight. I never said Floyd wouldn't beat him. I always thought Floyd would but to say Manny has lost a lot of speed cause of his last two fights is nuts.
    In comparison to his past performances. Even though he's not fighting come forward fighters, his speed and angles are significantly down from what they were from 2 years ago. I pointed out that the last 2, or even 3 fights he had showed it.
    Also people have nothing to compare it too. It's casual fans who say that and are totally oblivious to fights like Rios/Abril or Cloud/Campillo who get no love because they're not famous.
    Floyd's losing his legs too and has to trade more than he's used too, but Pac's slowed down too.
    I'd still put money on Mayweather without even sweating it. Another instance of Sergio vs Chavez Jr where the result isn't as obvious to some pepole as it should be.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is about money and it wasn't worth anything for him to beat a fighter 99 percent of the public already knew he beat. PPV would have been awful. This isn't boxing 30 years ago where guys fought to see who is the best.
    yup, what exactly does manny have to prove?
    its not that manny won the fight, he won almost every round
    wat is the selling point?

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    yup, what exactly does manny have to prove?
    its not that manny won the fight, he won almost every round
    wat is the selling point?
    I don't understand how people honestly believe that.
    How do people score fights? Do they just look at compubox or Jim Lampley's card and base their opinion on that?

pensfan1919
    pensfan1919's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2328

Pac man may have had a chance 2 or 3 years ago. Would have still lost but would have been competitive.

Now Mayweather would win easily.

If this fight happens and is at anything less than -200 it will be an easy max bet on Mayweather.

Hankwins
    Hankwins's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hate the discussion of the fight in general becuase the wait is all about greed so the damn thing can generate a half a billion dollars when ans if it happens.

I hope a judge offers maybeweather a 20 million fine in order to avoid jail time for the next criminal offense he has.

Mayweather will have another court case in before 2013?
    Yes-2000
    no +1900

Thor4140

I don't understand how people honestly believe that.
    How do people score fights? Do they just look at compubox or Jim Lampley's card and base their opinion on that?
    The 99 percent of people who saw Pac win almost every round think you might want to phone your opthamologist and for what it is worth i think Lampley is awful calling a fight. Nice voice but that is where it ends.

hougigo

The 99 percent of people who saw Pac win almost every round think you might want to phone your opthamologist and for what it is worth i think Lampley is awful calling a fight. Nice voice but that is where it ends.
    And a large portion of those 99 percent roll with what the T.V says.
    I think I'll stick with what actually happens

First 123 Last