yankeerick
    yankeerick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

drugs are not good for you.stay away because you are kobe fan doesnt make him better than jordan

Club
    Club's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6158

I hate to be negative, but since I read the subject, i feel like I should go on record as saying this is the dumbest post I've ever seen, anywhere, at any time in my life.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Santoro.....Kobe couldnt wash Michaels Socks

Remember that 40 win season? Remember Kobe wanting to leave Los Angeles? Michael never had a 40 win season in his prime and asked to leave. If it wasnt for Pau Kobe would still have his 3 rings from shaq. And if it wasnt for Kevin Garnetts knee injury the celtics would be trying for a 3 peat.

You say Kobe played with better players?

Michael made guys like Luc Longley, Bill Wennington, Steve Kerr, Jud Buechler, Randy Brown, Jason Caffey, Toni Kukoc, I mean these guys were all roll players that Michael new how to lead.

That stretch in game 3 where they were down 1 and took 4 missed 3 pointers in a row....please mj would have driven to the hole 4 times in a row. Kobe is a great player but he cant touch Michael.

He was in shambles for YEARS after Shaq left. He needed Pau and the celtics injured to get another one.

williams22
    williams22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Putting Wilt ahead of Kareem in any top 5 in a tragedy.

nikeboyz
    Yes.We.Did
    nikeboyz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MaxEMillion View Post
    Most wins ever by a player coach combo:
    1.) Scottie Pippen (phil jackson)
    2.) Kobe Bryant (phil jackson) soon to be number one assuming they beat suns in series
    3.) MJ (phil jackson)

Seems like MJ could not do it without Scottie yet Kobe seems to be fine on his own. He will do it with Odom and Gasol or he will do it with Shaq he doesnt care. MJ was the face man of the best team ever, Kobe is the best player ever.

I guess MJ taking a year off didnt have anything to do with it

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Kobe is still a great player..one of the best ever.. jordan was the best magic was the best kareem was the best wilt was the best kobe will be up there when hes done .. his fall away jumper is something special Just like jordan was known for his flying ability to the rim and kareem was the hook shot kobe will get his .. and so far he has.. you can't compare the two greats are greats thats just how it goes

Ralphie1412

Originally Posted by MaxEMillion
    Most wins ever by a player coach combo:
    1.) Scottie Pippen (phil jackson)
    2.) Kobe Bryant (phil jackson) soon to be number one assuming they beat suns in series
    3.) MJ (phil jackson)

Seems like MJ could not do it without Scottie yet Kobe seems to be fine on his own. He will do it with Odom and Gasol or he will do it with Shaq he doesnt care. MJ was the face man of the best team ever, Kobe is the best player ever.

Kobe was fine on his own? He didnt do shit after shaq left. I seem to remember VERY recently kobe wanting out of Los Angeles after a 40 win season.......a 40 win season! For the best ever? bwahahahah

72-10, if it wasnt for Garnetts knee the celtics would be going for a 3 peat. Kobe isnt even close to Michael. My favorite part of this thread is saying michael had all the superstars and all kobe has is gasol, odom, bynum, fisher,

Ralphie1412

Except Michael is 100 times better. Kobe couldnt do it FOR YEARS until pau came.

Kobe has the fadeaway jumper? Oh you mean the one MJ invented?

Ryangene
    Ryangene's Avatar Become A Pro!

1 on 1 game Kobe OWNS Jordan...

The game is so much faster then it was back when Jordan played. Guys are now bigger, stronger and faster. Sure rings mean something but then again if you want to argue is Trent Dilfer better then Dan Marino then? If Bill Wennington better then Patrick Ewing?

Thats the fun thing about sports is there will always be these conversations that could be debated 1 way or another for hours upon hours.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights

thats your opinion Ralhie1412 good luck today.. Kobe is one of the Greats

alon7777777
    alon7777777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 854

Michael the best player i ever seen

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights

MAGIC JOHNSON WAS MINE went to many games with him and kareem rambis.ac greene and others

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Ralphie , Your a clown. Kobe had Luke Walton Smush Parker and Kwame brown in a starting lineup and he took that team to the playoffs. One of the worst playoff teams in history, if not the worst.

Kobe plays with Odom Bynum Fisher? Fukkin Odom and Bynum are nothing- Fisher will be lucky if he ever made the Hall of fame buddy. You really want to get in a debate with me over who had more pieces Jordan or Kobe?

Get outa here with that bullshit.

Ralphie1412

Ya that laker team was out of control. Now imagine a MJ in 91 taking them out in the finals. Kobe could have never done what he did that early without shaq.

The 40 win season and wanting to be traded just seals the deal. Kobe is a great player. But MJ is on another level. And if the celtics take 2 rings from Kobe in 3 years these retarded comparisons are officially over.

eatdust11
    eatdust11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

I guess Pau Gasol isn't considered good... geez, he is a very talented big man... Jordan never had anything close to that... You can take Kobe and I'll take Jordan... I would take Kobe over LeBron though, because Kobe is much more competitive.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights

What happens if Lakers take this year......

firemann
    firemann's Avatar Become A Pro!

jordan all the way

podunk
    podunk's Avatar Become A Pro!

kobe is good..better than mj...maybe

ANGRYBLACK
    ANGRYBLACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    Except Michael is 100 times better. Kobe couldnt do it FOR YEARS until pau came.

Kobe has the fadeaway jumper? Oh you mean the one MJ invented?

nj6
    nj6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2592

Even Kobe said don't compare him to Jordan.

MaxEMillion
    MaxEMillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1866

"Micheal NEW how to lead" - Sums up my opinion of Ralph in 5 simple words from his own quote. You are a stupid **** Ralph by the way good call on the tease of lake and under the other night. You missed both and even better than that making fun of everyone for taking magic in game 3 and saying they would definately be swept.

M@ximo
    M@ximo's Avatar Become A Pro!

kobe its great.., but

in my opinion the special thing about Jordan is that he created a new ega on world's basketball.., before him, all players have a similar way to play..., afeter Jordan's 3 rd season, you saw all the kids in basketball curts trying to do thigs Jordan did on every game... Jumpshots a the final second,... jump and stay in the air for 1.5 then shoot..., take the ball to the basket and then making a lower shot... it was amazing....

Kobe is able to do almost everything jordan did..., but kobe learned from jordans way to play....

Same as Lebron.. he is amazing, but he will always be following jordans type of game...

to jordan...

Brocc
    Got Surf
    Brocc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4585

Kobe is a great basketball player, but it stops there. MJ was the greatest player to ever play the game, he invented things that players do now. MJ was a leader like no other, he was a master chess player in the game of BB. MJ could dominate any time, any place..he HATED losing..HATED it, no matter how much money he had the game always came first..Remember the 95-96 season when the Bulls went 72-10...10 losses the entire year!! They lost 1 game at home that year..1 game..44 in a row at home..That is DOMINATION

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by Brocc View Post
    They lost 1 game at home that year..1 game..44 in a row at home..That is DOMINATION
    Also, one of those 10 losses were to the non playoff bound Nuggets in Denver. They were down like 30 or more points at the half and almost made a come back, before running out of gas.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

The one thing Kobe does better than MJ, but mainly because MJ really never did it like Kobe does, is how Kobe is able to shoot contested and falling away 3 pointers. Prime Jordan in the post is a beauty to behold, Ive never seen a two-guard, perhaps any player as nice in the post as he was.

MaxEMillion
    MaxEMillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1866

You cant use a season accomplishment to defend an individual player that is just weak. Rodman averaged 15 rebounds a game that season. Kerr shot 51% from 3 on the season..............51%.............51% that is incredible and you are going to credit that whole season to jordan???? The guy is very good but he gets so much undue credit at times it is sick. Kobe has proven he can do it with different teams and has every bit of the cut your heart out attitude Jordan has. To argue 3 rings now vs 6 then is kind of silly. They both have more rings than anyone in their generation at the moment.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

You cant use a season accomplishment to defend an individual player that is just weak. Rodman averaged 15 rebounds a game that season. Kerr shot 51% from 3 on the season..............51%.............51% that is incredible and you are going to credit that whole season to jordan???? The guy is very good but he gets so much undue credit at times it is sick. Kobe has proven he can do it with different teams and has every bit of the cut your heart out attitude Jordan has. To argue 3 rings now vs 6 then is kind of silly. They both have more rings than anyone in their generation at the moment.
    What year are you talking about?

Brocc
    Got Surf
    Brocc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4585

You cant use a season accomplishment to defend an individual player that is just weak. Rodman averaged 15 rebounds a game that season. Kerr shot 51% from 3 on the season..............51%.............51% that is incredible and you are going to credit that whole season to jordan???? The guy is very good but he gets so much undue credit at times it is sick. Kobe has proven he can do it with different teams
    MJ got 6 championships with different teams first actually...The 1st 3 championships had Cartwright, Grant, Paxson, Pipp & BJ. Then the next 3 had Longley, Kerr, Harper, Kukoc, Rodman and Pipp...Rodman was a whack job but MJ kept him in check when no other coach previously could, except maybe Chuck Daly in the very early years. Kukoc never did a thing after leaving the Bulls....The first 3 champioships were definitely more MJ than his supporting cast..

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Jordan is a better gambler, golfer, and baseball player than Kobe.

FACT

zigomanisinsider
    zigomanisinsider's Avatar Become A Pro!

you guys watching the game kobe showing why he is the best

goldengreek
    goldengreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3939

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Jordan is a better gambler, golfer, and baseball player than Kobe.

FACT

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by hoopster42 View Post

pao gasol and possibly even lamar odom might end up in the
    hall of fame before its all said and done. lets see what
    happens with bynum who at age 22 has his whole career in
    front of him.

Pao Gasol is a top player, but saying Odom and Bynum are potential Hall of Famers is just pure ignorance.

hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Pao Gasol is a top player, but saying Odom and Bynum are potential Hall of Famers is just pure ignorance.
    re-read it, i said gasol will be a hall of famer and odom, if he continues playing like he has and racks up more titles, he could sneak in there, the nba hall of fame is not as difficult to get in as other sports halls are, i never said bynum would but when he's healthy, his offense is even better than dwight howards

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Odom is not making the HOF. Not happening.

Gasol might.

i never said bynum would but when he's healthy, his offense is even better than dwight howards
    "when he's healthy"

Which is basically never, so what's your point? That Kobe has a perennially-injured big man who could be good in a perfect world with no injuries?

"his offense is even better than dwight howards"

Not saying much. Dwight Howard doesn't have a very refined offensive game. Howard is very limited in terms of low post moves, and gets most of his stuff from offensive rebounds + putbacks, alley-oops, and a variety of lobs.

One on one he struggles against good defensive big men.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
    Nah. He's just that dumb.
    Yea they treat this guy like he the last great wise man in Canada. Then I stubble upon a thread like this.

First ... 678910 Last