RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

How many, if any of you, earn a living through sports betting?

I've been wondering that because I see alot of you throw around large amounts of money on your wagers so I was wondering if any of you actually dont have a job or maybe a job that you earn more money through sports betting.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

It can't be done unless you have a roll of 6 figures so basically you already have to be pretty well off to pull it off

No rags to riches stories unless you get incredibly lucky for example putting $100 on a 10 team parlay

Mikeyanks23
    Welcome to Darkhat Nation
    Mikeyanks23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2046

dont believe everything you see on here

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

This thread comes up a lot.

Nobody here does.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Let me tell you factually none, lots of bs on this forum and it either comes from kids or from bs authorities. Some people might say they do and I grant that it is possible but very very unlikely. You can't beat the math. So for every 10,000 that say they are maybe .5 is telling the truth.

jaeguyoon
    [Too Long]
    jaeguyoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

I dont' earn a living off it, but it does allow me to spend money I normally would've never spent on. Also makes me eat ramen at home sometimes tho. loooool

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    Let me tell you factually none, lots of bs on this forum and it either comes from kids or from bs authorities. Some people might say they do and I grant that it is possible but very very unlikely. You can't beat the math. So for every 10,000 that say they are maybe .5 is telling the truth.
    You most certainly can beat the math.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I know about 3 that do on this forum.

chilidog

I don't earn my living through gambling itself, but I do earn my living through other people gambling.

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

This thread is made once a day.. doesn't ANYONE use the search option?

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    I don't earn my living through gambling itself, but I do earn my living through other people gambling.

Correct, that is the way you can win. I won for decades too. But betting, no you can't.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post

if you're on the right side of the juice (either through booking bets or taking big bonuses everywhere) you will win in the long run.
    if you're on the wrong side of the juice by simply making bets without knowing what you're doing, you will lose in the long run.

pretty simple really

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post

if you're on the right side of the juice (either through booking bets or taking big bonuses everywhere) you will win in the long run.
    if you're on the wrong side of the juice by simply making bets without knowing what you're doing, you will lose in the long run.

pretty simple really

Yes, absolutely. In fact, if you are getting the juice you don't even need the long run. You win almost every week. When you lose you are really shocked, almost never happens.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

It's possible to turn $1000 to $10,000. It takes a lot of patience and research.

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    It can't be done unless you have a roll of 6 figures so basically you already have to be pretty well off to pull it off

No rags to riches stories unless you get incredibly lucky for example putting $100 on a 10 team parlay
    No...

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

That's b/s that you cannot make a living trading/betting on sports. I am Australia and I know 2 people here who do make a living from nothing but gambling. Myself personally I have a job and a pension from the army so I most definately don't make a living through sports betting, however I have had winning years 3 of the last 4 and I will tell you how.

MLB - follow Kyle hunter. The guy is a winner plain and simple, season after season.

NBA - Cap my own games, nothing fancy, usually just m/l or ATS with the occasional total. No parlays, no
    fancy bets. I love home dogs who have been playing well recently, and I love fading heavy chalk (on the road) over a 5 game spread (similar to a system bet). I did actually have a losing year last NBA season, however normally I make consistent money from the NBA.

WNBA - I used to follow TSG (the sharp group - every bit as good as RAS) but now I follow the king of beaver ball - our very own ROXXY.

NHL - I followed wunderdog last season for a very small profit but will be considering Johnny banks for next season.

NFL - will be following Kyle Hunter for the first time this season in NFL.

NCAAB - Followed Doc from Doc Sports (for free) for the back half of last ncaab season where he absolutely killed it!

Football/Soccer - I have my own trading system that I use to trade soccer on Betfair. It is my own variation on the well known "lay the draw" strategy and I use it to make a consistent (however small) profit on the larger league's (la liga, bundesliga, serie a, premier, etc)

AFL/NRL & Netball - Australian sports.

My bread and butter! I have had 5 winning years in a row in AFL, and 2 in a row in NRL. I also wager on Netball (when I have the time) as results tend to be rather consistent. So how do I do it simple.

A. I am absolutely obsessed with both afl, NRL & the NBA. I would back myself in a trivia/quiz situation against anyone.
    B. I work 12 hour shifts as a security guard where I have alot of free time on my hands, so I read, read, read. Articles, previews, injury reports, it never ends.
    C. The only tv I watch is sports. All the afl & NRL shows I can fit in as well as mike & mike & as much sportscentre as I can squeeze in for US sports.
    D. Most Important - do the research, understand the sport and then back yourself always, don't be swayed by other people's opinions if it means going against your instincts.
    And don't robotically back favorites. There is more long term value in a strong underdog (although not easy
    to find).
    E. Lastly - if you follow someone in a sport then just do it. Don't puck and choose your spots (you will nit win in the long run). If you are following them - then follow every selection. Ride and die with your capper, the key is obviously finding the right guy in the first place.

Cheers.

mathdotcom

So you're a sheep?

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    So you're a sheep?
    The goal is to make money is it not?

I cap the sports I am knowledgeable in - NBA, AFL, NRL & Netball

I follow experts in - WNBA, MLB, NFL, NHL, NCAAB

Who cares? I am not trying to be a gun capper, I am trying to make $$$
    Points Awarded:

nosaij gave sando 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

I live off my winnings. Betting is my life. Please enjoy this picture of my house.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Look at Brock as he has a 18k balance...he might be the only professional player here.

mathdotcom

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    The goal is to make money is it not?

I cap the sports I am knowledgeable in - NBA, AFL, NRL & Netball

I follow experts in - WNBA, MLB, NFL, NHL, NCAAB

Who cares? I am not trying to be a gun capper, I am trying to make $$$
    How's that working for you?

B. I work 12 hour shifts as a security guard where I have alot of free time on my hands, so I read, read, read. Articles, previews, injury reports, it never ends.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Only those think tank model guys survive
    Theyre the ones to be feared

jbart28
    MAGA KAG
    jbart28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

why would you want to rely on only one revenue stream? You guys are doing it wrong if you are....

diversification and capital leverage people. come on you are supposed to be sharps...

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Quote Originally Posted by jbart28 View Post
    why would you want to rely on only one revenue stream? You guys are doing it wrong if you are....

diversification and capital leverage people. come on you are supposed to be sharps...
    I have been on this board for a couple of years. There are very Very few sharps here. 99.9% of people here lie and lose in long term.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

sando shut the fukk up you fukking euro trash! GTFO you fukking idiot! You don't know shit! PERIOD!
    Points Awarded:

Fishhead gave daimoshokage 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

sando shut the fukk up you fukking euro trash! GTFO you fukking idiot! You don't know shit! PERIOD!
    Points Awarded:

Fishhead gave Smoke 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    It can't be done
    This !
    It can't be done, you can supplement your income, you can make a few extra dollars doing it, but you can't make a dependable living betting sports, and if you say you can, you are a liar.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Points Awarded:

Fishhead gave stevenash 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    This !
    It can't be done, you can supplement your income, you can make a few extra dollars doing it, but you can't make a dependable living betting sports, and if you say you can, you are a liar.

Right on the button. Liars and BS. 99.99% you are correct sir.

Playthehorses
    Playthehorses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

I know many people do make a living at it

You need to have a large bank roll. You can make money a simple way. Bet a initial amount on a straight bet if it lose's you double the bet and add the initial bet you started with. Example: bet $220 on a team if you lose you bet the next bet at $220 plus the next bet of $220 totaling $440 and add the initial bet of $220 for a total of $660, when you win you get $600 back with a profit of $380. But if you lose you have to go back to doubling the bet and adding the initial bet on top so if you lose the next bet will be $1320 plus the $220. You keep going until you win and go back the the initial bet of $220. That means each bet you place you make the initial starting wages. I knew one gut who does it everyday one he had to bett over $1000,000 to finially get his profit I think he lost 10 straight bets

I do fair at it beating the horses but I am a good handicapper.

Playthehorses !!!

chilidog

No. Just, no. That's all I can say about your post. No.

Quote Originally Posted by Playthehorses View Post
    You need to have a large bank roll. You can make money a simple way. Bet a initial amount on a straight bet if it lose's you double the bet and add the initial bet you started with. Example: bet $220 on a team if you lose you bet the next bet at $220 plus the next bet of $220 totaling $440 and add the initial bet of $220 for a total of $660, when you win you get $600 back with a profit of $380. But if you lose you have to go back to doubling the bet and adding the initial bet on top so if you lose the next bet will be $1320 plus the $220. You keep going until you win and go back the the initial bet of $220. That means each bet you place you make the initial starting wages. I knew one gut who does it everyday one he had to bett over $1000,000 to finially get his profit I think he lost 10 straight bets

I do fair at it beating the horses but I am a good handicapper.

Playthehorses !!!

mathdotcom

very easy to do

reason you guys don't get it is you think the only way to make money is to try and beat NFL

dumbasses
    Points Awarded:

Fishhead gave mathdotcom 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Playthehorses
    Playthehorses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

The math or percentages adds up

Become a pro yes is all I can say is yes... I know off 5 professionnal gamblers that that have not worked for the last 15 years who live in Vegas who make $300 a day $2100 a week who bet one game a day at $330 on a specific team. The Math does not lie figure it out... Is is like betting red or black on a roulette table or any gambling that is a 50/50 chance of winning....

Playthehorses