Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

My proposal for some college football rule changes

1] When a player gets injured and cannot hobble of the field and needs attention from the medical staff. He has to sit out the rest of the drive and cannot return after one play. Tired of these wannabe soccer players and their fake injuries.

2] When player loses helmet same thing has to sit out entire drive. Just seems this happens way to often. Maybe with a harsher stance on this they will figure out away to keep this from happening.

3] The kickers suck and need every advantage they can. I propose bringing back the tee and allowing them to position the ball any where on the line of scrimmage.

4] The kick offs are a waste of time. Just skip it and give the receiving team the ball at the 25.

5] 15 yard penalty on pass interference is bullshit. It should be a spot foul like in the NFL.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LostBankroll

shooms79
    shooms79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2198

While i appreciate your view i have to disagree. I think too football is getting to be damn near flag football. If you played football and got a stinger, coach told us to walk it off or rub dirt on it. U just grit it and get back in. I dont like the new helmet rule as it is, sitting out next play if it comes off as it is.
    The kicker on a tee? Come on. Then there is no point in special teams. Seriously this aspect of football is getting pushed aside so much so its an afterthought. I remember when a blocked punt or kick return still meant something. Same applies to kick off. As it is i hate the new touchback rule to 25. Shit why not play the whole game like OT right?
    I do agree w u on PI. But that has been talked about forever and 15 yrds wont change anytime soon

I do understand where ur comming from however i think our culture is getting to safety conscious and trying to apply it to what is at its core a barbaric sport... And thats the appeal and beauty of it

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Looks good. Makes sense. As such, wont happen.

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

ha. if they changes were implemented, I would never watch college football again.....

go figure, a liberal, who wants to pass rules/regulations that limit the potential of the game under the misguided ruse of "safety"

society is doomed because with the influence of the media, we arent going to maximize our potential, and just allow our politicians to profit for "safety" as we slowly all become boring, equal, slaves, who love mediocrity

let me guess you believe all corporations should recieve a "carbon-dioxide tax" because humans are creating too much carbon dioxide that is responsible for global warming....

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

you can't use that helmet rule, everyone would just try to rip the Qb's helmet off if he is a good player.

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

says the smoke weed guy with morrison avatar? fool.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    you can't use that helmet rule, everyone would just try to rip the Qb's helmet off if he is a good player.
    This.

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    the current rule says if another player rips helmet off then they don't have to sit out

i would do it the same way

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by Smutbucket View Post
    ha. if they changes were implemented, I would never watch college football again.....

go figure, a liberal, who wants to pass rules/regulations that limit the potential of the game under the misguided ruse of "safety"

society is doomed because with the influence of the media, we arent going to maximize our potential, and just allow our politicians to profit for "safety" as we slowly all become boring, equal, slaves, who love mediocrity

let me guess you believe all corporations should recieve a "carbon-dioxide tax" because humans are creating too much carbon dioxide that is responsible for global warming....
    college football wouldn't miss you watching the games

f\*g

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

How is a free kick with a chance of pinning a team deep on their own side of the field, or a chance to force a turnover a waste of time?

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

Quote Originally Posted by rthoughton View Post
    says the smoke weed guy with morrison avatar? fool.
    crazy though how weed killed all my braincells and Im still smarter than you....

Tobacco and Cotton Industry thank you for your ignorance and support, blurring the lines of education, for all americans

JUST SAY KNOW TO DRUGS

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    How is a free kick with a chance of pinning a team deep on their own side of the field, or a chance to force a turnover a waste of time?
    Apparently you enjoy watching the kick off go through the end zone every time?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    Apparently you enjoy watching the kick off go through the end zone every time?
    It does not go through everytime.

I went to the UNLV/Minnesota game Thursday night. Neither kicker could kick it past the 10.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

agree with rule 2, make it a more severe consequence.

rule 5, i think there should be 2 pass interference penalties, give the official the opinion of a spot foul.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Also no kickoff eliminates the chance of an onside kick. Saints do not win the Super Bowl without the onside kick coming out of halftime.