ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

Jason Witten tells reporters he will play if cleared medically Tuesday

Cowboys TE Jason Witten (spleen) told reporters today that he will play in Wednesday night's NFL opener IF/IF he gets medically cleared Tuesday.

Expect nothing less out of Witten, who hasn't missed a game since 2003. "If I get cleared, we're playing," he said. "It's the only way, I believe, you can approach the game. I think people know that's the only way I'm playing." Expect to have a status update on Witten by Tuesday evening.

Of course Jason is confident and on the optimistic side, hoping he can play. He's a competitor, he wants to play and help his team any way he can. But the medical staff will have the upper hand as to whether he starts or sits. Continue to monitor Witten's status up to game day.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

AP:Vikings coach Leslie Frazier confirmed earlier today on vikings radio that RB Adrian Peterson (knee) will "without question" be a game-time decision for Week 1 against the Jaguars.

Peterson owners should keep tabs on his progress next week, as he has just begun to take hits in practice again. Multiple reports have suggested that the Vikings will keep him at a "game-time" call and have even suggested to possibly keep him out of Week 1 just to be sure.

The Vikings are playing it safe with their $96 Million dollar back and IF he is to become in-active at anytime it would open up the door for a heavy workload for No.2 RB Toby Gerhart. Continue to monitor the Peterson's status up to game day.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

There hasn't been a lot of optimistic stuff printed lately regarding Dallas Cowboys tight end
    Jason Witten
    . Here's another piece that stays true to that theme. According to ESPN's Ed Werder, Witten is "extremely unlikely" to play Wednesday versus the New York Giants. That's because, as Werder reports, the Cowboys consider Witten's lacerated spleen to be a four-to-six-week injury. He suffered the laceration on Aug. 13, meaning four weeks post-injury will be Sept. 10.