ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Should there be a 500 post minimum to qualify as a PT poster?

Would cut down the number of ghosts around here.

Also helps forum noobs to understand that posting in PT is a earned privilege and not a automatic right.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 6 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SteelRain, frizzelli, The Kraken, stealthyburrito, Monitor-Tan, and Br0nxer

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3366

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post

Also helps forum noobs to understand that posting in PT is a privilege and not a automatic right.
    Would vote no. That's sounds like some form of censorship and this is a free speech site. Some of these new posters are quality and imo quality> quantity. May cut down on Ghosts to a certain extent, but not worth it overall. Remember the Pro only replies thread option where Pros could dictate that non pros could not reply. That novelty wore off quick.

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Would vote no. That's sounds like some form of censorship and this is a free speech site. Some of these new posters are quality and imo quality> quantity. May cut down on Ghosts to a certain extent, but not worth it overall. Remember the Pro only replies thread option where Pros could dictate that non pros could not reply. That novelty wore off quick.
    I disagree.

Too many posters not well rounded enough upon entering PT and need to verse themselves more indepthly in SBRetry before stepping up to the big leagues here...

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Buddy, I have over 2,000 posts - so this sounds like a good rule. Doesn't effect me.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3366

I disagree.

Too many posters not well rounded enough upon entering PT and need to verse themselves more indepthly in SBRetry before stepping up to the big leagues here...

I see your point, but this is a free speech message board. What are the rules to follow to ingratiate oneself into SBRetry as you put it. You have posters with 1000's of posts taking different approaches to posting in player's talk. One factor that makes this site effective is the free flow of info. Just because you have >500 posts does not mean you will add more value then someone who does not.

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    I see your point, but this is a free speech message board. What are the rules to follow to ingratiate oneself into SBRetry as you put it. You have posters with 1000's of posts taking different approaches to posting in player's talk. One factor that makes this site effective is the free flow of info. Just because you have >500 posts does not mean you will add more value then someone who does not.
    Integration would be simple. After contributing 500 posts to all other areas of the site PT will then be unlocked.

Pre-existing familiarity means you have a more informed poster who can contribute to a greater extent.

People want what they cant have Rider...

You take this place away and half the fukks here would be lost in life...

no gnu taxes
    no gnu taxes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Also helps forum noobs to understand that posting in PT is a earned privilege and not a automatic right.
    There should probably be a proven IQ of at least 95, which would eliminate most of the pro-Obama posters.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by no gnu taxes View Post
    There should probably be a proven IQ of at least 95, which would eliminate most of the pro-Obama posters.
    Copy and paste dumbfukk is talking about IQ's??

Holy shit.

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Would just make the sub-forums filled with pointless threads...

PT is useless it's solely for entertainment I'd rather have ghosts running around here seeking attention then have sub-forums cluttered
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dutch, and ebbearsfb1

no gnu taxes
    no gnu taxes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Copy and paste dumbfukk is talking about IQ's??

Holy shit.
    I post articles with sources. Can you post any kind of coherent thought without including smiley faces or other dim-witted icons as the main point of your post? In all honesty, you post like a dull-wiiteds 14 year old girl.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by onacloud View Post

PT is useless it's solely for entertainment I'd rather have ghosts running around here seeking attention then have sub-forums cluttered

Word.

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

"SBR-etry"

SBR-etry 101. Coming to a community college near you. I may have heard it all now.

We got our own fukkin self titled culture.

Ain't we fukkin something here.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I post articles with sources. Can you post any kind of coherent thought without including smiley faces or other dim-witted icons as the main point of your post? In all honesty, you post like a dull-wiiteds 14 year old girl.
    sources???

holy shit.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Quote Originally Posted by onacloud View Post

this.

sbr is suppose to be a gambling message board, and all thats in players talk is mostly trash not gambling related..

to avoid ghost, they should ban ip addresses. wont happen, better off staying out of players talk

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I like Coochy's idea. New posters should really stick to the saloon for their first 500 or so posts. That way they're forced to become a little more schooled in the art of posting, and are able to see if they possess thick enough skin to venture into PT.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

5,000 posts or more for Veteran PT only

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

you would just see power posting to 500 or people would lose interest in the site and leave. most people wouldn't stick around.

slyone66
    slyone66's Avatar Become A Pro!

not everyone spends 23 hours a day on SBR, real people work for a living, 12-14 hours a day for the last 30 years, so quit whinning about minimum post, forums are about free speech, not censorship ahole, hows that for a post, moron

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

imo you should at least get 1 chance at it. the minute you fukk up or step out of line while under 500 posts...you get demoted to the saloon.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Should be 1000 posts

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11989

2,500 post minimum.

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    2,500 post minimum.
    thats a bit excessive. i learned the ropes by 500. 2.5k too harsh.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Yes... Better to make it length of membership

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by slyone66 View Post
    not everyone spends 23 hours a day on SBR, real people work for a living, 12-14 hours a day for the last 30 years, so quit whinning about minimum post, forums are about free speech, not censorship ahole, hows that for a post, moron
    Someone needs 2 changeover their brand of their feminine hygiene product here...

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

why are you even on players talk? all your threads and posts are about politics. do you even follow sports?

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

A determined ghost could surpass 500 posts in a week. Gotta set the bar higher

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

How about SBR just do away with all ghosts?

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Free speech board

\*\*\*\*\*\*

rooster

So much for free speech

GTFO trying to sound smart and stuff

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

kraken you were posting in PT on your alleged sign up date or within a couple weeks. are you advocating this rule?

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    How about SBR just do away with all ghosts?
    We do. Including banning IPs. And if someone manages to slip through, they're usually so egotistical they can't help but out themselves quite quickly anyway.

Coochy I like the idea in theory but all of us started somewhere. Trial by fire seems to be a good way to go. And selfishly since I work here I don't want to see people power posting in sub forums to try to reach that magical number to get let into PT. It's bad enough when new users do just to reach the # so they can PM. People posting crap like "good play" "good work" "you're the man bro" in a thread about a bet that lost 2 mths ago

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Who actually reads PT searching for serious knowledge? HAsn't it always been schtick filled trash?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: shari91

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Boner_18 View Post
    Who actually reads PT searching for serious knowledge? HAsn't it always been schtick filled trash?
    I wouldn't call it trash but people post threads in PT because they want attention. That's why they lose the plot if their thread is moved. They know the proper subforum that an MLB play belongs in for example but they won't put it in there. Not that there's anything wrong with needing validation from random people online but let's not pretend PT is some haven of great wisdom, serious plays and insider knowledge about the industry. If someone wants any of that they need to choose another selection from the drop down list up top. When someone wants to read about or discuss a play seriously they need to go to the subforums. When they want a good laugh and feel Facebooky for awhile they should head to PT. Both are great but they're vastly different. And that's why when I see regular PT posters start a thread in a subforum with their play I take it much more seriously.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I wouldn't call it trash but people post threads in PT because they want attention. That's why they lose the plot if their thread is moved. They know the proper subforum that an MLB play belongs in for example but they won't put it in there. Not that there's anything wrong with needing validation from random people online but let's not pretend PT is some haven of great wisdom, serious plays and insider knowledge about the industry. If someone wants any of that they need to choose another selection from the drop down list up top. When someone wants to read about or discuss a play seriously they need to go to the subforums. When they want a good laugh and feel Facebooky for awhile they should head to PT. Both are great but they're vastly different. And that's why when I see regular PT posters start a thread in a subforum with their play I take it much more seriously.
    I wouldn't say everyone gets bent if there thread gets salooned

Some do though

500 posts is a good idea

weed out the ghosts

doubt any ghosts would put in the time to accumulate the 500 to post in PT

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    I wouldn't say everyone gets bent if there thread gets salooned

Some do though

500 posts is a good idea

weed out the ghosts

doubt any ghosts would put in the time to accumulate the 500 to post in PT
    No you're right. Not everyone gets upset but quite a few do which I still don't understand because I love the Saloon way more.

The only chance a ghost has of making it to 500 posts is if they power posted at some odd time during the weekend. Even then 500 would be a huge stretch. Most are gone before they ever get a chance to post. Those that do, don't make it past around 30. It's just that when some people officially disable one account and open another one through SBR they don't tend to broadcast it to the forum. And it's not like we're going to out them. So what some think are ghosts actually aren't at all.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    sometimes its not a want for attention as much as a want to have a conversation. Or for a lot of guys, an argument or some kind of validation that they can win an argument or not get buried.

I'd much rather have something stay in players talk and get 5 views than get salooned and get 300 views, so not always about attention

12 Last