QB- Rodgers
    Flacco
    HB- Peterson
    Reggie Bush
    D. Williams
    WR Decker
    Steve Smith(panthers)
    M. Floyd
    Santonio Holmes(i know of his injuries, could be dropped from my team soon)
    Nate Washington
    TE GRONK
    DEF Cowboys
    Cheifs
    K- Goskowski

Its not a PPR league, its FLEX. Start 1 QB, 2 HB, 2 WR, 1 HB/or WR, 1 TE 1 K 1 DEF

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Very weak at rb.

Dont know how healthy AP is.

Bush doesn't get any goal line carries and u gonna have to depend on a lot of dump off's

DWill (big fan of his since Memphis) isn't a good fantasy back. Cam hogs all the touches inside the 5 and Steward just got a big contract.

OldHickory
    OldHickory's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1355

i agree... just took a shot with A.P. and Reggies in a contract year, so hoping on him doin his thing. Hopefully i have some trade bait at WR.

its my first league...givin it a shot

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26823

no need for 2 def you can always pick one up during the bye week.
    dont like your backs at all.
    wr are ok holmes was a waste because he will be double teamed they have no other recievers.
    you could have picked up a better back up qb later because you are gonna play rodgers every week except the bye.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Holmes injuries aren't the concern at all it's the QB play. Could be a great pick, definitely wouldn't drop him. Pick up Kendall Wright if he's available I expect him to be more productive than Washington later on in the year.

OldHickory

Huge Titan fine myself....Kendal was picked up at the time i picked up Washington.. kind of suprised me

who knows...its my first league and hopefully i do alright...maybe make some trades to strengthin up my RBs

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

antonio brown is going to be a sleeper this year

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Weak team all around IMO. Looks like you took Rodgers #1 and this is a perfect reason why you don't go after an elite QB. Especially in a year like then when RBs are so thin.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: allabout the $$$

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Weak team all around IMO. Looks like you took Rodgers #1 and this is a perfect reason why you don't go after an elite QB. Especially in a year like then when RBs are so thin.
    There is a strategy to it. If your going to pick a Elite QB, and when the snake gets back to you, don't reach for a RB that is maybe the 15th best on the board, you might as well go for the best WR there. Since you already waived your right for a top ranked RB. Take the best available player. Because the WR run will happen and you can always stock pile mid level RB's if you go this route. Then maybe a trade a top 10 WR for a better RB.

I'm messing with this now in Mocks.

OldHickory

I dont really think my team's that bad. I wanted to grab Rice up, but ended up goin with Rogers. I have some recievers that someone will want to trade for. I think Washington will have another good year for the Titans, and hes not even my starter. A.P. was in full pads today for the first time in months, and reports have it, hes alright. If it wasnt for the injury in his knee, he would still be the top 3 RBs in the league. Dudes an animal, who knows maybe he'll rack up some points for me. Took and shot with it..f it

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    There is a strategy to it. If your going to pick a Elite QB, and when the snake gets back to you, don't reach for a RB that is maybe the 15th best on the board, you might as well go for the best WR there. Since you already waived your right for a top ranked RB. Take the best available player. Because the WR run will happen and you can always stock pile mid level RB's if you go this route. Then maybe a trade a top 10 WR for a better RB.

I'm messing with this now in Mocks.
    But that's exactly my point, you have to take a top flight RB at #1. As I have said 1000 times, better to have a stud RB and a mediocre QB than vice versa. You can wait on QBs and get a Matt Ryan in Round 7. Heck I'd even settle for Cutler in Round 8 if it means having two good running backs.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Holmes is your WR3 on this roster

Drop a D

Rodgers/Gronk are way ahead of the respective curves at the position allowing you to somewhat absorb the hit you are going to have with mid level WR/RB's.

Deangelo could be a steal if he gets traded, which makes sense. Stewart is their top back now, and will get all the goal line touches. Tolbert is the FB on that team, and of course Cam will score running too... very crowded back field, with very good players. Williams is not a viable consistent starter until he gets traded

3 RB is terrible in the first place, especially if you are in a league with flex meaning you should be starting all 3.

I really hope this is a 14 team league... anything less and you are fighting for a playoff spot.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    But that's exactly my point, you have to take a top flight RB at #1. As I have said 1000 times, better to have a stud RB and a mediocre QB than vice versa. You can wait on QBs and get a Matt Ryan in Round 7. Heck I'd even settle for Cutler in Round 8 if it means having two good running backs.
    If you can't get Rogers, Brady or Brees in the first round, I wouldn't even think about it. My thinking right now is, that the QB is less likely to get hurt and miss time, versus the top flight RB. Then your first rounder is sitting there on the bench looking pretty.

I've never drafted a QB early, but I think if I could get one of those three I mentioned, I might try it.

I would probably even think of taking the handcuffs late of the top flight RB's, like Ben Tate. This way, if Foster does hobble up again, you have that elite QB, and someone stepping in to fill that other #1 pick. But only a few of the handcuffs are worth drafting. Like grab Tate, M.Bush, and F.Jones. The handcuffs of injury prone, or RB's coming off injuries.

It could work, and teams that select one of those 3 QB's have made it far and even won leagues.

OldHickory

Is there news about Williams getting traded? Does make sense if he does. But no its 12 league team.. I checked the Projected numbers for every teams starters, and im tied for 3rd. I dont believe i did that bad, Rodgers is consistent, and RBs do get banged up a lot. It was between Rodgers or Rice, and said f it ill go with the QB.

Santonio doesnt have to be a starter. I have Flloyd, and Washington, who i think with both have good years. I think Washington will because he had a good year last year getting double covered with Britt being hurt, not add Wright into the Mix.

who knows maybe change up the squad a lil bit

ChalkyDog

Holmes is the number 1 in NY

Floyd is number 2 with a fukked in the head QB
    Not even sure where Washington is on the depth chart

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Holmes is the number 1 in NY

Floyd is number 2 with a fukked in the head QB
    Not even sure where Washington is on the depth chart
    Nate should be #1 until Britt gets back, and who knows when that is. He is facing possible suspension.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Nate should be #1 until Britt gets back, and who knows when that is. He is facing possible suspension.
    I'd take wright all day over Washington. Guy is a 2 at best... Once Britt does get back, that pushes him even further down the depth chart.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

WR and RB's are suspect. Rodgers might have a above average year at best I think.

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

Fantasy football is the worst thing in the world. It is 100% luck. Not 99% luck. 100% luck.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: k13

Ez Money 77
    Ez Money 77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Um honestly this team is pretty bad. You say hopefully u have some WR that can be trade bait? Your WR suck ass. Your RB's are bad. Rodgers and Gronk I love obv but like some other people pointed out why would u draft Flacco or a second defense? This is how you learn though. Hope this wasn't a big boys league. Better luck next time.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

People talking like they know the results of every player for the upcoming season.

How many teams in the league?

Ez Money 77
    Ez Money 77's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    People talking like they know the results of every player for the upcoming season.

How many teams in the league?
    We don't know but the question was to rate his team. How can we do that unless we take a guess how his team will do for the upcoming season?

OldHickory

12 in the league . Like I said earlier it's my first one. I dropped my d and put in waivers for mike floyd , just gotta hope he starts . If he does I think he can put up numbers with fitz bring double teamed . Also thinking about dropping Holmes nd picking up cook for trade bait . Of ccook gets off to a good start I could eventually trade away him or gronk for a rb .

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by OldHickory View Post
    12 in the league . Like I said earlier it's my first one. I dropped my d and put in waivers for mike floyd , just gotta hope he starts . If he does I think he can put up numbers with fitz bring double teamed . Also thinking about dropping Holmes nd picking up cook for trade bait . Of ccook gets off to a good start I could eventually trade away him or gronk for a rb .
    you do NOT trade gronk!!!!

qsilver335
    qsilver335's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gronk should be a monster this year again! Good luck.

OldHickory

Quote Originally Posted by qsilver335 View Post
    thanks boss!

gimpy
    gimpy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Reggie Bush is one of the most undervalued players. He showed some potential at the end of last season, and this year the Dolphins are going to rely on him a lot. His new position is RB/WR

gimpy
    gimpy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

But reading back, I would have taken Rice, and drafted Alex Smith later in the draft. He's got some arsenal this year...

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    But reading back, I would have taken Rice, and drafted Alex Smith later in the draft. He's got some arsenal this year...
    still though that coach is known for his running strategy, and their backfield is loaded with rbs capable of 2,000 rushing yards this season. Not sure how high you are on Alex Smith.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

NO RB or WR

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Steve Smith still is good and Peterson is the ultimate risk/reward player this yr

Balco10

Problem is that you fuked up by picking GRONK way too early!

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Reggie Bush is one of the most undervalued players. He showed some potential at the end of last season, and this year the Dolphins are going to rely on him a lot. His new position is RB/WR
    Reggie Bush has value - but only between the 20's... Goal line is already reserved for Daniel Thomas who has much more upside. Think of a much less explosive Ray Rice when McGahee and McClain were in the ravens back field. Rice would take them all the way to the redzone, only to give the ball to usually McClain. And Bush is nowhere near Rice's ability to bust one for a long run.

I'd take Daniel Thomas late in the draft with the potential upside than ever have Bush on my team with a mid-round pick.

Balco10

Bush is washed up! too banged up and small, pass.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by qsilver335 View Post
    I prefer Hernandez this year, for two reasons - 1) taking a TE that early leaves you playing catchup trying to snag another top RB or WR... 2) I think Hernandez is going to put up similar numbers this year, and you can get him as late as 5-7 rds after Gronk in ESPN leagues.

This is coming from a guy who is a Wildcat fan and knew Gronk was going to be the leagues best TE while he was injured in college. Gronk is a freak, but there is better value on the board.

12 Last