SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Replacement Refs ...

What is this abomination. These guys have the same look in their eye as the rec league basketball refs I have. They probably completed the same two hour course.... anybody honestly feel these guys are doing a good job ?

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

If I am the actual refs - I think my negotiating position has improved. I wouldn't come back until every demand was met. These guys aren't like players who will go broke if they don't ref - they all have other jobs.

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    What is this abomination. These guys have the same look in their eye as the rec league basketball refs I have. They probably completed the same two hour course.... anybody honestly feel these guys are doing a good job ?
    Does anyone feel the regular NFL refs do a good job? It's too early to tell, but the last time we had replacement refs (first couple games of the season a few years back), I liked the games better. They were afraid to interfere with the games and made less calls. The games ran a few minutes faster. The regular officials aren't that good, and feel far too entitled to throw key flags on subjective stuff like personal fouls that change the outcome of the game.

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

These guys are mostly semi-pro refs. They have experience, just not at this speed. They will be fine.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

anyone that has watched a few games knows these replacement refs are terrible for the most part.

and it looks like we're stuck with them for at least the first couple weeks of the regular season ugh

i agree the nfl refs' bargaining power keeps increasing every game these scrubs are out there

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

best job ever!

SportsPedagogy

haha did you see the cowboy receiver get tackled 3 seconds before the ball got to him ? They also called a running into the kicker when the defender tapped his shoulder as he was running by, then the kicker did an obvious flop. There were bad calls that went Dallas way aswell, a few missed pass interference calls .. they through a flag when a guy got blocked in the shoulder, but didnt throw one when somebody got hit directly iin the back during a pryor scramble ... man it was a mess lol.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Built in excuse for losers who think they can beat the NFL ATS, they have 3 weeks or so to blame the refs for them losing their asses.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

It was their first NFL game. They will adjust and get better.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    It was their first NFL game. They will adjust and get better.
    true but they're not going to get good enough in a few weeks

lot of nfl refs have a lot of years of experience, they could put me in there as a replacement for aaron rodgers, and i would improve week to week

The Bull
    The Bull's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am wondering how this will effect totals more so than anything else. They miss a hold here or there, are hesitant to throw a flag, etc could effect points. Maybe they call a tighter game???

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    Built in excuse for losers who think they can beat the NFL ATS, they have 3 weeks or so to blame the refs for them losing their asses.

i am speaking froma fan point of view

jaygator
    jaygator's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good Luck

SaMSoLeeT
    SaMSoLeeT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

These refs are too quick to make calls. It's really annoying to watch