UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Is any of the olympics on tv even live?

I have NBC( which i know is delayed) and NBC sports network. I wanted to watch mens 100M dash and it was suppose to start a hour ago( yes i know bolt won) but on NBCSN it still says the event is comming up later but shows a live icon on screen. Its currently showing a brasil beach vollyball game. Is that even live?

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

No.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

you might wanna log off here immediately and watch tonight

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

brazil wins....go out to eat..

UntilTheNDofTimE

Inthedrink is there any set time the race will even start? Says 7pm to 12am on scheduling.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    Inthedrink is there any set time the race will even start? Says 7pm to 12am on scheduling.
    no idea

if i had to guess id say around 9 since thats probably peak prime time but just a guess

maybe theyll say at 7?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

The tennis match between Federer and Murray was shown live early this morning. It seems B4 12pm Pacific all events are shown live, and then they replay events that happened early London time later in the day.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

If you want to know when they're showing it on NBC, I'd guess 10 PM EDT or later.

They've tended to show the latest events at the end (like swimming).

I hate NBC for the way they screw up every Olympics, but nothing we can do.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

I think Basketball and Soccer are the only sports for sure shown live and don't get replayed. If it's swimming, gymnastics, or track, it is guaranteed to be delayed. Some small sports like fencing or ping pong may be live.

They aren't even shown in prime time. You will probably have to wait until 11 pm to watch the 100m. NBC milks the viewers for every minute of air time and makes sure to saturate it with commercials and garbage like volleyball before showing the top events 3 hours later.
    Last edited by Sunde91; 08-05-12 at 05:49 PM.

alta
    alta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10359

NBC network coverage of the Olympics is an American tragedy.
    We can all sit and watch Costas, Michaels, and oh my gosh Patrick, yak in their library lounge, but when it comes to showing the action as it happens, no body knows exactly when that will be, and frankly when it ain't Live, than basically it's a dead re-run.
    NBC sux!

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Incredible they dont show 100m live. I have to say the ctv streaming site for us canadians is damn good.

alta
    alta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10359

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    Most of what's been shown the last few hours has been live and some will be replayed. Swimming and track are always delayed. Every basketball and soccer game is live.
    Yes on the additional NBC channels dedicated to those team sports.
    But individual event finals were never shown live, other than tennis which used Bravo up until the finals.
    Franky, they should have showed all the individual finals live as well.
    I give NBC

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

NBC has been brutal. Nobody is going to wait around, read about the results, and then tune in forthe replay.

F u, NBC

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by byronbb View Post
    Incredible they dont show 100m live. I have to say the ctv streaming site for us canadians is damn good.
    I have to watch CTV or BBC on streams. I've seen almost no actual live American coverage.

CTV is pretty funny because some of the announcers are such homers. In one swimming event, the announcers were ignoring who was winning to focus on where the Canadian was.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    NBC has been brutal. Nobody is going to wait around, read about the results, and then tune in forthe replay.
    That's not a true. A lot of people do tune in and they've been putting up good ratings.

It's a travesty the way they cover the Olympics, though.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post

F u, NBC
    actually somehow they have had record ratings most nights....tonight will be HUGE ratings.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

NBC needs to suck a fat one. Disgraceful the way they have done the Olympics. I wish there was something I could do that would hurt them financially but all I can do is sit on my computer and complain.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

nbc sucks, how long these fuckos have the olympics for??

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    I have to watch CTV or BBC on streams. I've seen almost no actual live American coverage.

CTV is pretty funny because some of the announcers are such homers. In one swimming event, the announcers were ignoring who was winning to focus on where the Canadian was.

That's not a true. A lot of people do tune in and they've been putting up good ratings.

It's a travesty the way they cover the Olympics, though.
    You've never heard Russ Anbar and co-host announce boxing. Best line of the day, "The Italian hugged the Cuban longer than I've hugged my wife in the last 3 weeks"

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    NBC needs to suck a fat one. Disgraceful the way they have done the Olympics. I wish there was something I could do that would hurt them financially but all I can do is sit on my computer and complain.
    Don't watch any Olympics on NBC. The less viewers there are the less they make.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Basketball and Soccer coverage is excellent. Every game is covered on their own Direct TV channels that won't have commercials at all for late games.

Every other sport has been screwed up, anything with prime time and Costas giving his gay little lecture to America.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

It's one of those things where people say and want to watch it live...but the tape delays get the higher ratings...

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Does suck, but you can stream literally any event in the Olympics live from NBC's website, with a full schedule of everything that's happening if you have a cable or dish subscription.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    It's one of those things where people say and want to watch it live...but the tape delays get the higher ratings...

not really a big deal if you dont know what happened during the day....the big problem is events like 100m sprint, popular swimming events and shit like that where its gonna be all over the news

yisman

every channel and website has it scrolling all over the damn place. If you stay in a cave and don't access any electronics, shut off your phone, etc. then you could make it. Otherwise, there's a good chance it gets spoiled.

Every sports website I visit ruins it by doing scrolling across the top/bottom of the screen.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Ive been able to catch some live events (swimming, track and field) on the couple of spanish channels with olympic coverage.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

i watch basketball only boycott nbc

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

they're being shown live in costa rica on a local channel. nbc's coverage of the olympics just sucks.

UntilTheNDofTimE

Still hasnt come on ....been watching since 7pm pdt. They did the semi finals and now showing 1500m

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

you got almost another hour IIRC