hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Anybody know why Sears Holding Corporation (SHLD) is priced at $49.32?

I don't know anyone that shops at Sears anymore or has for the last 5 years.
    Old people. They believe that Sears is still top quality and worth every penny.

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

I know Sears owns a bunch of other companies like K-Mart but basically Wal-Mart and Costco kicked its butt. I live in Los Angeles and to my knowledge we don't have any Sears stores so they must be in smaller cities? I dunno...

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7298

They own a lot of good retail spaces that currently house K Marts. When the economy comes back, they are going to do away with K Mart and Liquidate the spaces. Sears is pretty popular in fly over country.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

I dunno man....unless Sears gets bought out no way this stock should be priced that high.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

All the execs waiting to dump theirs still have about a month, watch what this thing does after Labor Day. It might be 12 bux by then.

FB basically committed suicide with this move but it made a few people a couple billion of real money so what does it matter I guess. Zuckerberg realized being a mythical billionaire didnt mean much but offering this IPO made him some actual cold hard cash not some make believe internet money.

People buying this stock at any price shouldnt be playing the stock market at all because it isnt like it is ever going to go up enough to make selling back profitable. it also isnt a stock that has any long term value either because if FB is still relevant in 3 years it will be a miracle.

NYSportsGuy210

NUAN is expected to report earnings on August 8 th.

Will they beat estimates?

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill

NUAN is expected to report earnings on August 8 th.

Will they beat estimates?
    The street is betting against it seeing as how there was almost a 4 to 1 put/call ratio.

Upon closer look, I don't understand why sears is trading that high either. Negative earnings, heap of liabilities. It is kind of a mystery but tons of garbage is over valued.

NYSportsGuy210

NUAN creates the technology that goes into everything voice controlled nowadays....gotta be a cash cow soon, no?

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill

NUAN creates the technology that goes into everything voice controlled nowadays....gotta be a cash cow soon, no?
    Doesn't really look like it. Almost no profit margin, 390,000,000 or so revenue and 890,000 of profit last quarter. Looks like they restructured recently because they issued debt and retired stock. A pretty big chunk of depreciation/Amortization (21 Mil), so that increases profitability somewhat. If growth was good and they are expanding the market, it could be good in the future, I wouldn't be a buyer at this point.

For disclosure, I don't play with tech. I remember people going broke in the 00's with their 200x earning valuations of tech stocks. Even if growth would be there at some point in an industry, it doesn't mean its there now. Plenty of online companies who had good products went bankrupt because the market just wasn't there yet.

NYSportsGuy210

I am looking at OCR, WEN and NUAN once APPLE hits in the $720 range and I cash out of that.

Anything else catch your eye?

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

This Zuckerburg kid has an ego and doesn't want to be thought of as a one trick pony. I expect some moving and shaking from Facebook over the next 5 yrs.

One thing that bothers me is my little nephew and his buddies all have two accounts, one for family and teachers and another one for friends. Then I hear about bot accounts. Then I hear about people getting burned out on facebook drama, which was expected...but add it all up and how many true accounts are there? How many people are actually seeing these banners and ads?

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

I am looking at OCR, WEN and NUAN once APPLE hits in the $720 range and I cash out of that.

Wished I held aapl longer...what a run.

MA, SBUX and my personal favorite goog are worth looking at.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Dump some LVS soon if you have it. They are going to get bad publicity next few months and their numbers in Asia are sliding.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

I dunno man....unless Sears gets bought out no way this stock should be priced that high.
    Stock "prices" are not based on how "good" a company is or anything to do with common logic.

# of shares outstanding is one clue.

Washington Post (WPO) is $300+, who buys newspapers anymore?

It was $900 not too long ago. You think that price was because the Washington Post was some amazing paper?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    This Zuckerburg kid has an ego and doesn't want to be thought of as a one trick pony. I expect some moving and shaking from Facebook over the next 5 yrs.

One thing that bothers me is my little nephew and his buddies all have two accounts, one for family and teachers and another one for friends. Then I hear about bot accounts. Then I hear about people getting burned out on facebook drama, which was expected...but add it all up and how many true accounts are there? How many people are actually seeing these banners and ads?
    "Internet Marketers" probably have hundreds of accounts each. Bots/Scripts are out of control.

The phone verification makes a bit tougher but after that account is banned it is still counted towards Facebook's "total" I'm sure.

I wonder how many fake accounts twitter has?

Dutch
    Honky Lips

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    I wonder how many fake accounts twitter has?

I read about these dudes that will sell you dummy twitter followers, as many as 10,000.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill

I like Tiffanys (TIF) and Coach (COH). Both are near the low end of their 52 week range. Their target demographics (middle to upper class) is recovering better from the recession then lower class consumers. People will still pay for quality, and I think consumers will continue to buy from these producers despite ongoing lulls in the economy.

Dutch
    Honky Lips

Coach seems like an over exposed brand that won't bounce back anytime soon.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Fuk FB, and roll with CAT, APC, and GPOR

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

facebook to offer legal gambling thru there website in the uk, to start earning a profit

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <woNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <wontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <wontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <wontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplore r4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;** </style> <![endif]-->
    http://www.reuters.com/article/email...87614R20120807</pre>

SBR_John
    Wisky

FB down $1.20 today. Looks like its dead cat bounce may be complete.

I added to goog at $642 today. Of course it dropped $2 as soon as my order filled. But this is a powerful earnings company trading near 11x next year's earnings.It's safe up to $760.

nosniboR11
    fu

I think it is close

I think you are on the 100 percent correct on google

NYSportsGuy210

To me Wendy's and Nuance Communications seem like the suddle bust out stocks no one sees coming.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Wished I held aapl longer...what a run.

MA, SBUX and my personal favorite goog are worth looking at.
    Hopefully GOOG stays where it is till January of next year so I can cash out my AAPL in the $720 range before GOOG hits that price. I have been on Apple since it was at $416.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Stock "prices" are not based on how "good" a company is or anything to do with common logic.

# of shares outstanding is one clue.

Washington Post (WPO) is $300+, who buys newspapers anymore?

It was $900 not too long ago. You think that price was because the Washington Post was some amazing paper?
    In the long run this is false.....and if you short the WPO now you will make a killing a year to two from now. Just a matter of holding and being patient....in the long-run the fundamentals always show a stock's true colors.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

To me Wendy's and Nuance Communications seem like the suddle bust out stocks no one sees coming.
    how so?

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I ain't much of a trader, but if you're holding FB, you're gonna lose - and I mean BIG.
    This valuation of the company doesn't come close to the 'dot com bomb' era at all. Where does FB monetize?
    The dot bomb era was way way way different.
    I know many retard stock prognostigators try to establish the parallel, but it ain't there.

FB has MANY hits, but monetizing them? I'd wait until it's in the single digits - then make a play, IMO. That's just being someone that got murdered during the dot bomb Clinton era. FB is run by one of the stupidest people in MEGA companies, and that goes beyond Mr Zuckerberg - his entire staff is fail, if you're going public. And they have failed. Also watch that people can 'cash out' their ipo stocks, which is really f'n close.

I'm not much for the market, but I'd nail 'shorting' FB all day and enjoy your profits.
    I'd also short the f out of Zynga, one of their b.s. partners - and get paid.
    Zynga is going down faaaast as f, and that's one of FB's key revenue streams.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Back up the truck when it hits below $10....

nosniboR11
    fu

oh trust me a lot of people see wendy's falling in the next year, low profit if any

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    FB down $1.20 today. Looks like its dead cat bounce may be complete.

I added to goog at $642 today. Of course it dropped $2 as soon as my order filled. But this is a powerful earnings company trading near 11x next year's earnings.It's safe up to $760.
    Bad idea.

If Apple beats Samsung in this jury case thats happening right now....Google (which supplies Android to Samsung) will be fukd....Apple looking to halt US sales.

Ive been following this case close...and apple is winning.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Amazon has pretty much taken over as the place I spend my money at, I wonder if that is true for alot of people. They certainly seem to show the most amount of revenue from their customers. I like the stock alot more than Apple stock or Netflix.

Amazons price over 5 years

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by Iwinyourmoney View Post
    Bad idea.

If Apple beats Samsung in this jury case thats happening right now....Google (which supplies Android to Samsung) will be fukd....Apple looking to halt US sales.

Ive been following this case close...and apple is winning.
    No. I will not live long enough to see the end of all these cases. The loser will appeal. The appeal process could take 5 years. A retrial another couple of years and another appeal say 4 years. Appl is only asking for $2.5B anyway. Goog spills that much dough in loose change. Will nip the stock a few points at a time during the process but it will snap back.

NYSportsGuy210

Nuance Communications (NUAN) up to $2.00 a share to end closing today by the way. Don't say I didn't warn you guys.

Ryeskernatorr
    Turning $100 into...
    Ryeskernatorr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 426

Nuance Communications (NUAN) up to $2.00 a share to end closing today by the way. Don't say I didn't warn you guys.
    What do you see that getting up to?

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by Ryeskernatorr View Post
    What do you see that getting up to?
    Low to mid 30's at least in the next 10 months. It'll all depend on how the new wave of TV's coming out do and most of them will be voice activated. Remotes will be obsolete.

First 12345 Last