GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    are you up or down this week stop calling him just shoot him a text like i hope everything is ok ,normally i hear from you by now but i havent heard from you
    Have to massage this fukker.

Hope you get your $$$.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]
    sportsguy04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2431

Quote Originally Posted by brendon View Post
    I totally understand your frustration. i'm dealing with yesbet.ag right now, scam book. they refuse to answer phone call for the past week.
    Yeah that's why I'm with 5 dimes never a problem. But like playing with a local cause I don't have to postup and play off credit obviously.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Treat it like a chick that won't call back. George Costanza freaked out when a girl he was dating turned out to be out of town after he left several angry messages when she wouldn't call back. He and Jerry ended up having to go up to her apartment to steal her answering machine tape. Don't have to break into his house to steal his answering machine tape, just chill for now.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

Going to give it a few days.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17045

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    Have to massage this fukker.

Hope you get your $$$.
    Really hoping you meant to say message.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

Well I just talked to my Buddy who uses the same guy. He has done this in the past, go Mia for 5 days then text ya and say he was out of town and then meets the following day. But why not atieast respond and say hey I'll get you money this weekend im out of town.

shooms79
    shooms79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2198

Ive had this happen several times with various results. It took me a while but i came to these conclusions:

1) If you are up, be prepared to lose that money. It sucks, but consider it an investment ie u paid this bum to get lost. He will never bother you again for he will know he always owes you. Any physical action or harassment on your behalf towards him will NOT be worth it. You dont want to do anything stupid that can jeopardize your health, freedom, or people you love. Chances are bookies do have some unsavory characters for situations when some clients dont pay their debts.

2) Give him time. Maybe he got hit and is working shit out himself. You do have an ace in the hole, you have your friend that uses him too, so you have a source of inside information and can keep tabs on him. Dont EVER let your bookie know you guys know each other (if he doesnt already know). IE if your buddy collects or paid, dont go with him. The bookie will not carry that much cheese to pay you off right there, and then he will cut off your buddy to and then u both are ******.

3) Collect information. If you can collect the info from his cell, and maybe his address, cool. But just keep it in your pocket. If u ambush him, he will feel threatened and u never know what a cornered animal will do.

Football season is around the corner and that's the most profitable time for bookies. Knowing how people think, chances are he will think you will go cold and give it back to him. (just like losing betters think they can chase and get it back). So be PATIENT. He will come back to you...

I know its hard, really ******* hard when u are owed money...but take a breather and wait...even a week. If you have a relationship with this bookie...dont burn it....least not yet.

My story:
    I had a bookie that was like clock work. Every Sunday if i owed, i would pay. If I was up, I had a cashiers check in the mail on wed. One time i killed and had a sick week...and sure enough a PHAT check in the mail wed. One week it wasnt there...and turns out he was out of town and didnt tell me. He apologized, and had it sent overnight the next week. Like i said, once trust and reputation is established, its worth preserving until its been burned.

This other guy i made bets with time to time. Small stuff, bc i didnt trust him yet. Lost a few bucks here and there, won a few. Then hit a 3 and 4 team football parlay. I was stoked. sick ass pay out off a minimal investment. This was also a time when i needed the money. I couldnt get a hold of him for a few weeks. Then he called me asking if i wanted action and he will get me my money. He jerked me around for a month, this excuse, that excuse. I ended up losing a few bets and just stopped. I was still up a lot, but never heard from the **** again. Still havent. I was seriously pissed...but like anything, time heals.

When it comes down to it, outside vegas, its an illegal endevour. buyer beware, no honor amoungst thieves, etc etc.

i hope this helps, I can tell you more stories...in the end, shit happens.

Seriously, i know it sucks, REALLY sucks. But better than being in the hole with no light in sight and him calling you.

Best of luck
    Points Awarded:

brendon gave shooms79 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SlickRick1382

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguy04 View Post
    Well I just talked to my Buddy who uses the same guy. He has done this in the past, go Mia for 5 days then text ya and say he was out of town and then meets the following day. But why not atieast respond and say hey I'll get you money this weekend im out of town.
    What state are you in?

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    Really hoping you meant to say message.
    Ha, no, I meant massage in the sense that he needs to be delicate. If he keeps calling he's only going to piss the local off.

I don't mean a physical massage, but if that's going to get SportsGuy his money back sooner ......

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

nothing to worry bout the guy is just going to scam you is all...

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Stick with 5Dimes.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick1382 View Post
    What state are you in?
    Ohio why?

poker6469
    poker6469's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1656

text him and tell him ,dont make me set the dogs loose,works somtimes .

shooms79

Quote Originally Posted by poker6469 View Post
    text him and tell him ,dont make me set the dogs loose,works somtimes .
    Dont do this. There is little upside. If he calls your bluff, you are essentially done. Wont get money and he wont respect you. Not worth doing something that has such a quick end game.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

Waiting till next Tuesday (payday) which will be a week of him not answering my text or call. Apparently he has done this before? Gone out town then comes back the next week and pays and apologizes. But that was a smalle amount from my buddy. We shall see. Sent him a message saying "hope everything is ok buddy, haven't heard from ya in a few days, was just checking in an seeing if you got my bets from last noght"

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

don't place another wager with him until you get paid.

then once you get paid, don't place another wager with him.

cliff notes: don't ever place another wager with him and hope you get paid. gl

Huego
    Huego's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4877

one of my locals that i've been using for 5+ years owes me $2,500 for over four weeks now. I'm patiently waiting and hoping he pays up.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

Hear anything yet?

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    Hear anything yet?
    Not yet.

shooms79

Good plan and diplomatic message. Just the worst part, the waiting game. But place no more bets. set up 5Dimes and get back to work! GL

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

6 days in and he is still ignoring my texts and calls. Tuesday is settle day so let's see if he contacts me.

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

6 days in and he is still ignoring my texts and calls. Tuesday is settle day so let's see if he contacts me.
    are you supposed to meet on tuesdays at a specific place to square up, or is he supposed to call and set something up?

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
    are you supposed to meet on tuesdays at a specific place to square up, or is he supposed to call and set something up?
    Every Tuesday morning he calls with the amount were at then ask when we can meet then settle on a place.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

Guy keeps it up I'll have to visit his work and pay him a visit.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Still didnt get paid?

Wow

Forgot about this thread

Bad news

You are being fukkin stiffed would be my guess if he is still ducking u

Do what you gotta do

Sounds to me like its physical violence time

How much does he owe you again?
    Last edited by Br0nxer; 08-07-12 at 06:33 AM.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26835

have your friend call him and plan to meet up @ a bar. then you will be there. wont look like your friend did anything wrong

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Next time I read about the evils, perils and pitfalls of gambling on-line and off-shore, I'll make sure to link this thread.

I know more guys who have been stiffed altogether through locals that would love to deal with an occasional slow play from a book. It's a shady business and a true gamble no matter what avenue you take, boys.

Sorry to hear about this sg04. You wouldn't be the first. Hope you get your scratch in the end, somehow.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    Still didnt get paid?

Wow

Forgot about this thread

Bad news

You are being fukkin stiffed would be my guess if he is still ducking u

Do what you gotta do

Sounds to me like its physical violence time

How much does he owe you again?
    Only 2 grand.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

I'll just ask him if it's worth losing his BMW, house, job and everything over 2 thousand dollars or if he rather spend some prison time.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

I'll just ask him if it's worth losing his BMW, house, job and everything over 2 thousand dollars or if he rather spend some prison time.
    threats like that usually aren't a good idea

scumbags are scumbags and usually empty threats result in threats right back at you

either you're willing to set his shit on fire or you're not, once it's 95% apparent he's stiffing you either do something drastic or chalk it up as a loss

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Burn his shit down.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by shooms79 View Post
    Dont do this. There is little upside. If he calls your bluff, you are essentially done. Wont get money and he wont respect you. Not worth doing something that has such a quick end game.
    I would rather a stiff feared me than respected me

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

I'm not going to threaten him to nice and not a violent or conflict person. But I will bother the shit out of him if need be. I'll call him every day for a year if need be.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I'm not going to threaten him to nice and not a violent or conflict person. But I will bother the shit out of him if need be. I'll call him every day for a year if need be.
    I agree with everyone else here though -- be careful. I don't know who you're dealing with, but shady is shady. If you feel like it's worth it to harass him and get the 2 grand, go for it. But if this guy's connected to shit you don't want to come back and haunt you, you might have to just let it go.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Highly doubt the guy is connected

If he was, sportsguy would be getting paid

Maybe delayed but the guy wouldnt be ducking him

When the connected operations stiff they usually use the wire room being raided as the excuse.

If you feel the 2 dimes is worth it then do what you gotta do

Good luck

First 123 Last