frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Should Ryan Braun be banned from baseball for life?

I think so

Steroid abusing cheater

I dont care that he got off on a technicality, its common sense he is a fraud

He should be banned from baseball for life

So should anyone else who has ever been caught juicing/cheating

A-Fraud, David Ortiz, Jason Giambi, Andy Pettite, etc.

Kick them all out of baseball

No need for cheats

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

anyone who denies/lies about it should be, so yes for braun

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Gayrod, Bonds, Sosa, Mcgwire,Palmeiro, ETC

All their records need to be strickened

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    anyone who denies/lies about it should be, so yes for braun
    I give A-Rod, Giambi and Ortiz credit at least for manning up and admitting they were wrong

Instead of weaseling out of it with lies and deceit like Ryan Braun

I think the only people who believe Braun's bullshit are delusional Brewers fans

Kind of like the head in the sand Giants fans during Bonds' home run chase

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Braun = cheater

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Gayrod, Bonds, Sosa, Mcgwire,Palmeiro, ETC

All their records need to be strickened
    Growing up as a Rangers fan in the 90s it makes me sad to come to terms that my child hood heroes Juan Gonzalez, Pudge Rodriguez, and Rafael Palmerio are all cheaters.

I got a picture of me with Juan Gonzalez when I was in 3rd grade and I got him to personalize it and autograph it too... makes me a sad panda.

I went to a luncheon that had Pudge Rodriguez at it and I got his autograph and everything

When I was 4-5 years old and still young, before I had a complete grasp on what baseball was, I would tell my parents I wanted to watch the "Rafael Palmerio show", which is what I called baseball at the time.

My childhood... ruined

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Braun having another big year

I say he is clean

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

if ur not cheating ur not trying

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

I say he is clean
    The effect of steroids can still be maintained without shooting up

As long as you make sure to work out enough your body can maintain the muscle and strength obtained through injections

Just wait pretty soon we will see him have the usual steroid related injuries

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

brauns numbers are almost exactly the same, even without fielder behind him

they had arbitration and he was found not guilty. yes it was a technicality but so what he took the easiest defense

braun never got huge like bonds and sosa, so i still dont know how people think he legitimately tested
    twice as high as anyone ever

a testosterone expert here in milwaukee said to rest that high he would have to be rubbing cream directly on his penis while taking the urine test.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

I always loved the bone headed argument "well they were great hitters before the roids... steroids don't make you a hit better". No fukking sh*t genuis! They were not using roids to improve their eyesight!

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    brauns numbers are almost exactly the same, even without fielder behind him

they had arbitration and he was found not guilty. yes it was a technicality but so what he took the easiest defense

braun never got huge like bonds and sosa, so i still dont know how people think he legitimately tested
    twice as high as anyone ever

a testosterone expert here in milwaukee said to rest that high he would have to be rubbing cream directly on his penis while taking the urine test.
    Then how did the sample get so tainted? I highly doubt some test administrator tainted the sample himself

When there is smoke there is fire

He probably knew he was going to get caught so took some kind of STD treatment medicine to spike his testosterone levels so he could use the medication/taint defense

milwaukee mike

bonds went from a scrawny 30hr guy to 70 hr monster
    mcgwire went from a 30 hr guy to 70
    sosa went from a scrawny 30 hr guy to 70 hr monster

notice a pattern?
    brauns numbers never changed, physique never changed, never got chipmunk cheeks, never got roid rage or nasty attitude like all those guys

yet everyone wants him punished on a faulty test by some dude and his kid that lied about several things
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ryeskernatorr

milwaukee mike

frogs why does it matter if your childhood heroes used roids or hgh?

pete rose took speed before games
    presidents/ governments murder millions of people

part of growing up to realize that famous people are mostly scumbags that only care about money

Ryeskernatorr
    Turning $100 into...
    Ryeskernatorr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 426

Braun = innocent

ESPN and the media has turned Braun into something that he's not.

Braun has had the same numbers throughout his career... he hasn't gotten "huge" and his numbers haven't spiked. The fact that he's having a slightly better year this year than last year should put all doubts to rest.

PickWinnerAllDay

Braun obviously was on steroids.

Only Brewers' fans apologists defend him still.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by Ryeskernatorr View Post
    Braun = innocent

ESPN and the media has turned Braun into something that he's not.

Braun has had the same numbers throughout his career... he hasn't gotten "huge" and his numbers haven't spiked. The fact that he's having a slightly better year this year than last year should put all doubts to rest.
    You're making a bad assumption in assuming that taking steroids had to dramatically or even at all improve him as a player.

You're assuming that is impossible to take steroids and not be better than you would be without them.

Maybe Braun would be just as good if he never took the roids. Doesn't matter, it is the act of taking the roids that makes him a cheater, and he cheated. Plain and simple.

Ryeskernatorr
    Turning $100 into...
    Ryeskernatorr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 426

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Braun obviously was on steroids.

Only Brewers' fans apologists defend him still.
    How was he "obviously" on steroids? Because he's the best player in the game?

milwaukee mike

pickwinner would you feel that way if espn never reported anything?

and then to cover their butt espn kept telling everyone the test was
    good

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by Ryeskernatorr View Post
    How was he "obviously" on steroids? Because he's the best player in the game?
    LOL? Because he tested positive for steroids? Is that a serious question?

PickWinnerAllDay

pickwinner would you feel that way if espn never reported anything?

and then to cover their butt espn kept telling everyone the test was
    good
    MM, when MLB is mad that Braun got away clean, and MLB has A TON to gain by Braun ACTUALLY being clean, it says everything there needs to be said.

Imagine it this way, MM, just for fun.

Imagine you cheated on an exam, but some technicality got you out of the punishment of it. Now imagine your mother was furious at you for getting away with it. Why? Because she knew you really cheated.

milwaukee mike

most people dont listen to reason or change their
    minds on stuff like this

11 years later people still think we're at war with iraq to get saddam and those wmd's and that we're at war in afghanistan to catch bin laden and the taliban

PickWinnerAllDay

most people dont listen to reason or change their
    minds on stuff like this

11 years later people still think we're at war with iraq to get saddam and those wmd's and that we're at war in afghanistan to catch bin laden and the taliban
    Nothing like trying to turn the scope of a conversation...

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

I thought it was already established it was herpes medication

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    MM, when MLB is mad that Braun got away clean, and MLB has A TON to gain by Braun ACTUALLY being clean, it says everything there needs to be said.

Imagine it this way, MM, just for fun.

Imagine you cheated on an exam, but some technicality got you out of the punishment of it. Now imagine your mother was furious at you for getting away with it. Why? Because she knew you really cheated.
    fair enough

but then lets also assume i scored 90% on that test for 10 years before and after the alleged cheating, i scored the same 90% on the test in question and the people that said i cheated lied about pretty much everything.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Just because his lawyer got him off with a technicality doesn't mean the test was still ****** up. It was just the best course of action to take. We will never know the full story of it. But braun has passed every other test, what 6-7 test per year. He passed a test 5 days after a test that showed he had the highest level ever recorded in a urine test like this before.

But braun's lawyer was just being a lawyer and that was the best course of action to get it thrown out.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ryeskernatorr

PickWinnerAllDay

fair enough

but then lets also assume i scored 90% on that test for 10 years before and after the alleged cheating, i scored the same 90% on the test in question and the people that said i cheated lied about pretty much everything.
    I've said before that someone can be a great player before and after steroids. Not everyone has a Barry Bonds' like reaction to it.

That being said, is OJ Simpson innocent of murder? No, he was ruled not guilty. Same thing here for Braun. He isn't innocent, he just wasn't ruled guilty.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

who knows about the test, but to me its just not a clear cut case of a failed test. he passed I believe four other tests during the year and failed his last test in October. And then passes anther test he orders just a a couple 3-4 days after. But the failed tests shows a sample of the highest levels ever.

But its nice to see him put up the best power numbers ever this year, kinda had a feeling of that. Braun has that type of mindset he was that way as a rookie thinking that he was the best in interviews he did and he should of putting up some of the best rookie first year numbers ever.

I am hoping he gets to 50 hrs, he has a good chance with his current hr production. Add on to that .600 slugging. .315 ba. 27 stolen bases. two time mvp.

Anybody really believe Melky/ McCutchen going to keep up their high level of production I don't.

milwaukee mike

pwad if youre going to always have your mind made up you migh not make the best attorney

tv and media tell us stories far different from the truth, in the steroid era they kept calling it a juiced ball
    lol

im just playing devils advocate here, it would be nice to eventually have one of the following confirmed
    1) tester's son rubbed cream on his dick and pissed in a jar, labels
    were swapped
    2) same as 1 but miniscule hole near top of jar where testosterone was injected
    3) braun od'd on herpes meds
    4) braun was taking prohibited substance

speculating here is fun, but its kind of like pissing in the wind cuz we might never know the whole
    truth

like with oj, why were the la police planting evidence if he was obviously guilty?
    and if he was innocent why was he taking off unless he knew they were framing him?

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32329

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    I think so

Steroid abusing cheater

I dont care that he got off on a technicality, its common sense he is a fraud

He should be banned from baseball for life

So should anyone else who has ever been caught juicing/cheating

A-Fraud, David Ortiz, Jason Giambi, Andy Pettite, etc.

Kick them all out of baseball

No need for cheats

Don't lump Pettite in that group.
    Yes, he did steroids, as prescribed by a doctor, to help heal an injury, not to gain an advantage.
    The MLB brass on Park Ave. know this, that's why he's getting an all around pass, not to mention he owned up to it, and proved it was to heal an injury.

Re: Braun, he should have gotten 50 games at least.

EVPlus
    EVPlus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

Gear, juice, and all the other street term for anabolic steroids can be used to enhance recovery as well as to increase strength without either hypertrophy (growth) or hyperplasia (splitting of one cell into two).

The pro cyclists are a perfect example. This is a sport in which strength-to-weight ratio is paramount. It is also a sport in which fast recovery (especially for the multi-day events) is critical. If you know what you're doing, you can be chemically enhanced without looking like the incredible hulk. Everybody knew that Lance, in his dominant days with U.S. Postal, was juicing. The truth is finally coming to the surface. Whether or not his legal team will get him out of the latest jam is something I cannot predict. If you look at his photos, he certainly did not resemble a candidate in a bodybuilding contest.

Therefore, the argument that Braun did not increase in his appearance does not sit well with me. Adjust the type of anabolic steroid you take, adjust the dosage, cycle properly between "on" weeks and "off" weeks, and one can stay physically unchanged - in terms of how he looks.

Also, hitting the long ball is primarily a fast-twitch dependent movement. It's been well known among Olympic lifting and power lifting circles that anabolic steroids can help in this regard while keeping the athlete in their respective weight class.

And let's not forget the psychological edge an athlete can have while using gear. If he truly genuinely believes that it will help (which is true for the most part), he will act accordingly. A stronger player WITH more confidence is a dangerous player.

Did Braun use? I don't know as I haven't looked at all the relevant documentation. I do think that if any athlete wants to protect his reputation, he (or she) will need to submit samples on a regular basis to multiple labs AND have those samples preserved for further scrutiny 5, 10 years down the road. This will remove the argument that many of the current testing practices don't catch the current cheaters who really know how to manipulate the chemistry as well as the legal system.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

I say he is clean

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

First of on the O.J. thing it was NEVER proven the police planted anything it was just speculation raised by the defense team. There was a mountain of evidence in that case and he was obviously guilty. Fame and fortune may have played a roll in getting off. However my thoughts have always been O.J. was the benefactor of good timing. His case was about a year after the Rodney King fiasco and if O.J. had went down another race war would have erupted and things would have got real ugly ecs. in So Cal. The powers that be were gonna do everything in their power to make sure that did not happen including having a sympathetic jury panel that was 90% people of color in the box!

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Second who gives a sh*t at the end of the day. Players have been cheating since the beginning whether it's taking drugs (coke, speed, roids etc) stealing signals, shaving pts. and on and on. This one really pushes buttons mainly due to the cherished records that were broken in my opinion.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

It should be mandatory for baseball players to take Roids, can u imagine everyone hitting 50+ homers every year?
    It'd make people actually watch baseball.

12 Last