HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Yep MLB should be puttin effort into ridding itself of young, talented, and exciting players.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

lol jeffie i agree
    makes pro wrestling a lot better to watch

one last point, nobody has ever fully explained how that much synthetic testosterone magically left brauns body in a few days

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

should Braun be shot and killed?

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    should Braun be shot and killed?
    Only if he stops hitting dingers.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    if ur not cheating ur not trying
    Very true these guys have to live up to huge contracts,i would. Guarentee braun isnt the only one using! ban from baseball go watch POLO or something!

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

picker is just a bitter cubs fan

if braun wanted to play for the cubs this year they would sign him in a heartbeat

no player in cubs history accomplished more before age 29 than braun

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    picker is just a bitter cubs fan

if braun wanted to play for the cubs this year they would sign him in a heartbeat

no player in cubs history accomplished more before age 29 than braun
    When Sosa got caught with a cork bat I disowned him.

Brewers fans just blinded by their fandom. Braun is no less a cheater than anyone else linked to roids. Suck it up and cheer for him as a cheater or don't.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

its obvious braun is clean, just use common sense and look at his overall body of work

guy was a top 5 draft pick he was expected to be a star

its not like the guy hit 12 homers a year and then one year he added 20 pounds of muscle and then had his good years

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

If he is cheating and you know it clap your hands

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Baseball turned a blind eye for years. If you allow cheating, don't act surprised when people cheat.

qsilver335
    qsilver335's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

It isn't just the hitter though. The problem with the records is that just as many (or more) pitchers were using. So the numbers will never be fair. It was the era. It will end up being just an era, just like the dead ball era.

B1AZE
    Dont hassle the hoff
    B1AZE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    bonds went from a scrawny 30hr guy to 70 hr monster
    mcgwire went from a 30 hr guy to 70
    sosa went from a scrawny 30 hr guy to 70 hr monster

notice a pattern?
    brauns numbers never changed, physique never changed, never got chipmunk cheeks, never got roid rage or nasty attitude like all those guys

yet everyone wants him punished on a faulty test by some dude and his kid that lied about several things

Mcgwire hit 49 hr his rookie year.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Growing up as a Rangers fan in the 90s it makes me sad to come to terms that my child hood heroes Juan Gonzalez, Pudge Rodriguez, and Rafael Palmerio are all cheaters.

I got a picture of me with Juan Gonzalez when I was in 3rd grade and I got him to personalize it and autograph it too... makes me a sad panda.

I went to a luncheon that had Pudge Rodriguez at it and I got his autograph and everything

When I was 4-5 years old and still young, before I had a complete grasp on what baseball was, I would tell my parents I wanted to watch the "Rafael Palmerio show", which is what I called baseball at the time.

My childhood... ruined
    they were cheating to offset playing other cheaters, live with it

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

What amazes me is how this is news just in the last 5 years or so. I walked away from the game after the 94 strike for many years and while the whole Bonds and McGwire b.s. was going on I just shook my head in disbelief at how many idiots were buying and cheering that crap on in amazement. Like Dutch mentioned above MLB and that piece of dog sh*t Selig just turned a blind eye because it was causing buzz again and generating revenues. Those of us with half a brain could tell what was happening. I was disappointed however I also realize cheating and doing whatever it takes at times to gain an edge in athletics has been going on forever! The reason we hear about it more these days is because the evil empire (the media) is so huge and outta control these things reach our ears easier. That and old school guys stuck together more and lived by the old code of keeping your fu*king mouth shut and don't betray the brand. Free agency and the media have changed a lot in the last 20 years or so. But make no mistake about it cheating was going on well before the 90's.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Those of us with half a brain could tell what was happening.

When I was a kid, players who hit 35-40 hr's were all-stars, then all of a sudden nobodies like Brady Anderson started hitting 50 home runs.

And Ken Caminiti...Dude was clearly on roids.

People weren't even trying to hide it in the 90's.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

They were not hiding it at all! Most of the public ate it up so they kept serving it. When I was growing up in the 80's all the way up until the Bonds/ McGwire fiasco hitting 50 was almost unheard of. You just look at pics of the guys in the 90's compared to the guys just a decade prior and the difference is staggering. Like I said though I'm sure they were cheating in other ways things just did not get out as much back then. The media is bigger than ever, twitter, facebook, players and coaches playing musical chairs from team to team more often and this sh*t is just getting out more. We have had more scandals and allegations of cheating and corruption in sports the last 10 years or so I bet than the previous 100!

here2fu
    here2fu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 423

I always wondered if he would of gotten his suspension lifted if Prince wasn't leaving the same year Braun was getting suspended.

First 12