frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by success View Post
    Pickwinners: Picking the Reds was the right play tonight. However, to survive for the long term, one should NEVER RISK MORE THAN 5-7% of their bankroll on any single play, no matter how confident they might be.
    Here is why

Say your roll is $5,000

bet $50 on two -110 games, you split them, so you lose $5

But say you bet $500 on two -110 and split them, you lose $50

If you only bet $50(1% of your bankroll) you only loss $5, or 0.1% of your bankroll. But if you bet $500, you lost $50, or 1% of your bankroll

Betting a lower percentage of your bankroll means the juice doesn't kill you as bad.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

How much did you have on the Reds?

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    How much did you have on the Reds?
    Enough to not want them to lose.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

owned

now post 88 more posts in your thread with on 3 responders

PickWinnerAllDay

Reds RISP: 1-6 (J Bruce 0-2, B Phillips 1-2, R Hanigan 0-1, Z Cozart 0-1)

Felt like 1-15.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    owned

now post 88 more posts in your thread with on 3 responders
    titties, go stiff point loans and make SBR point bets, real gamblers are talking here.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]
    sportsguy04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2431

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    When you haven't won a playoff game since 1995... eh... outside of Votto and Phillips, who the hell can you trust to plate an RISP RBI? This team is HR or bust besides those 2.
    They haven't won a playoff game since 1995 because this is a whole different organization than it was 5 years ago!! They were not ready for playoffs win they won the no central, they added Latos to bolster the rotation back then they had walk Magee volquez with a decent Cueto not yet an ace. Get out of here with that nonsense. Clutch... Hannigan is one of the better clutch hitters with risp besides votto of course. Some nights the offense just isn't there, in this case it was just one of those nights. Even the rangers get blanked.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguy04 View Post
    They haven't won a playoff game since 1995 because this is a whole different organization than it was 5 years ago!! They were not ready for playoffs win they won the no central, they added Latos to bolster the rotation back then they had walk Magee volquez with a decent Cueto not yet an ace. Get out of here with that nonsense. Clutch... Hannigan is one of the better clutch hitters with risp besides votto of course. Some nights the offense just isn't there, in this case it was just one of those nights. Even the rangers get blanked.
    I think you are confused. Reds' probably score a higher percentage of their runs from HR of any team in baseball. Only one who might top them is maybe the Rangers. The PROBLEM with that is when you get to the playoffs, the pitching is top of the line and getting the ball out of the park is going to be harder. On top of that, the weather is cooler than it is all year typically so again, HR aren't going to be the way to score runs. The Reds have way too many feast or famine hitters and they are a horribly built team for a playoff run.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

I think you are confused. Reds' probably score a higher percentage of their runs from HR of any team in baseball. Only one who might top them is maybe the Rangers. The PROBLEM with that is when you get to the playoffs, the pitching is top of the line and getting the ball out of the park is going to be harder. On top of that, the weather is cooler than it is all year typically so again, HR aren't going to be the way to score runs. The Reds have way too many feast or famine hitters and they are a horribly built team for a playoff run.
    I agree to an extent, but I wonder how much of that has to do with playing at a hitters park like gabp. There is a lot of inconsistent hitters like Stubbs and Bruce especially.

PickWinnerAllDay

I agree to an extent, but I wonder how much of that has to do with playing at a hitters park like gabp. There is a lot of inconsistent hitters like Stubbs and Bruce especially.
    Did GABP make Reds' hitters HR hitters or did the Reds look for HR hitters because of GABP? Can't tell you. Maybe a little bit of both. Way too much swinging for the fences. IT doesn't help that Dusty Baker is quoted as saying this: 'Walks clog the bases.'

Of any team in baseball, I probably like the Reds the 2nd most. Which is still not at all, because I only like one team. That being said, this is a poorly built team for a playoff run. Even more so when the guy at the helm couldn't manage an All Star Game bullpen adequately.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Did GABP make Reds' hitters HR hitters or did the Reds look for HR hitters because of GABP? Can't tell you. Maybe a little bit of both. Way too much swinging for the fences. IT doesn't help that Dusty Baker is quoted as saying this: 'Walks clog the bases.'

Of any team in baseball, I probably like the Reds the 2nd most. Which is still not at all, because I only like one team. That being said, this is a poorly built team for a playoff run. Even more so when the guy at the helm couldn't manage an All Star Game bullpen adequately.
    With all of the posts from this thread, I'm trying to figure out why you played Cincy tonight....

PickWinnerAllDay

With all of the posts from this thread, I'm trying to figure out why you played Cincy tonight....
    Pretty simple... I looked at the Dodgers' lineup and couldn't see anyone giving Cueto problems. Was right... but Cueto running the bases all of the 5th and getting stepped on by Capuano seemed to have an affect. Fastball was consistently 95-96 before that, didn't see it higher than 93 after that and wasn't running in on righties and the curve was floating and not breaking after that as well.

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

He played Cincy ML, because he hates ML bets.

Duh.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

But the thing is how can you not hit home runs in gabp? It's a hitters home run park so of course the reds hitters homerun numbers are high and skewed a bit. I'd be concerned if the numbers weren't high. They can't help that they play in a little league ball park. But I will disagree that they are a poorly built team for the playoffs.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

the main reason the reds lost was b/c 77% of moneyline bettors were on the dodgers and the line stayed the same.

basically books liked the dodgers to win and wanted to sucker square bets on the reds

either side could have won, i think game was close to a coinflip

but books were happy to take more bets on the reds moneyline

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26835

he lost again

he will say he bet balt tomm and post another fake ticket

zeta you missed a good bar night tonight

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

last time i list to this fuk!

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    he lost again

he will say he bet balt tomm and post another fake ticket

zeta you missed a good bar night tonight
    $$$ do the bars on bell blvd have more whores on fri/Saturday nights then weekdays?

lol I sat in my car listening to music for 30 min after u left to sober up enough do I could drive.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Reds will win. No worries. In dodgers pen and Cueto is dealing and reds bullpen is well rested after all these innings the starters have pitched.
    of coarse the pen is fresh..fukkin Dusty doesnt pitch hit for his starter that was losing it in a 1-1 gm, way to keep running your pitchers into the ground Dusty...

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26835

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    $$$ do the bars on bell blvd have more whores on fri/Saturday nights then weekdays?

lol I sat in my car listening to music for 30 min after u left to sober up enough do I could drive.
    lol fri nights are the better night on bell. i stayed local tonight thats why i didnt hit you up. i will let you know next time im heading close to you.

First 123