j37hr0
    Small Time Square
    j37hr0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

I don't see the Jazz trading for Dirk. He make 20 mil next year, so Dallas would have to take back Jefferson and Kanter makes about 4 mil. Would you do that if you're Dallas? I wouldn't. I wouldn't do it if I was the Jazz either. Kevin O'Conner is a pretty good GM, he makes good trades. I don't think Dirk with 42 million and 2 years is tradeable.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    the best part is kidd said the knicks "had more pieces to work with", lol wow has dallas fallen apart.

get rid of dirk and start over.
    The Knicks had more pieces to work with last year too. Cuban took a horrible gamble and lost. Talk radio down here is burying him. Guy didn't even go in person to talk to Williams + from what most people think, they think Cuban thought he understood the collective bargaining agreement more than others and thought that big contracts for mediocre players were going to be a thing of the past. That was part of the reason he didn't sign Chandler last year. He thought he was getting overpaid. Dude is a defensive center pierce and he thought he was being overpaid? LoL.

If they don't dump Dirk before his contract runs out, that will make this failure pale in comparison. That is their only asset as a franchise right now. He will be worth his weight in gold to a contender at the trade deadline if they play their cards right.

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

People bashing Cuban for clearing cap space with a poor roster projection over the last 6 months, but advocating he trades Dirk Nowitzki.

Only on the internet.

Can't believe some of you aren't getting paid to be NBA GM's.

EaglesPhan36

What is the point of keeping Dirk iQon? This team is going to be in the lottery with or without him. Why would you let your one asset rot on a shit team when you can move him for either young talent and/or draft picks? Unless Cuban pulls off a Miami-like scenario in 2013 and that would assume guys like Howard, Paul, Bynum and maybe a Josh Smith or Al Jefferson even make it to the open market ... this team is full blown in rebuilding mode and they don't even really have many young players on their roster to even start that with. They need to acquire young talent and start remembering that the draft can actually build you a team if you don't draft like dipshits for the better part of a decade.

I'm not even a Mavs fan, I just think it's common sense that this team is going to be terrible for several years and they have to commit to something other than using spare parts to put together a below average team.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

They're already 12m under the salary cap. Amnesty that bum Brendan Haywood and they're going to be 20m under. That's 2 max contracts for guys entering their physical primes. And they'd STILL be under the cap without using the $9m TPE they just picked up in the Odom trade.

With that kind of cap space and dreaded lottery pick you forecast, I'd say Dallas is in a great spot to be a contending team... by 2013-14.

The sky is falling in Dallas.

EaglesPhan36

But again what does that have to do with keeping Dirk? By the time they get to the point of using that cap space, he is done. He said he felt he had 2-3 years left of productivity at best. You are also banking on Cuban being able to convince players to come to Dallas to team up with what exactly? Dirk in his last year? People have a good point. They have not made Dallas a destination for players to want to come. Maybe they do that with a big signing in couple years, but that doesnt do anything for Dirks twilight.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

who will Cuban pick up now? Lou Williams, Elton Brand, and Ramon Sessions are available. Overpaying Cuban at his best.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Picking up the leftover scraps

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

cuban should pay no one this year and try for cp3 and howard in 2013

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Signed Chris Kaman and got Elton brand. Also Darren Collison at PG.

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by j37hr0 View Post
    I don't see the Jazz trading for Dirk. He make 20 mil next year, so Dallas would have to take back Jefferson and Kanter makes about 4 mil. Would you do that if you're Dallas? I wouldn't. I wouldn't do it if I was the Jazz either. Kevin O'Conner is a pretty good GM, he makes good trades. I don't think Dirk with 42 million and 2 years is tradeable.
    Ur crazy contending teams will be over paying to get dirk if they can. I can see a team giving up 4 first round picks for him

First 12