zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Brewers are the masters of the suicide squeeze

So fun to watch. Roenicke is a master at teaching this.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

yeah it has been mostly a lost art...

I think the small ball stuff is cycling back again..... gonna see some teams with 88 cards type speed, cept many of them will have jack clark kinda power...

anyone seen the kid in the Reds organization, Billy Hamilton?

got like 100 sb's in less than a half season. Might shatter Ricky's records if he gets to the majors.

routinely beats out grounders to 2nd basemen and has the league committing balks at a record rate...

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

I would pay money to watch a kid like that play...

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

it's the safety squeeze, down the 1st base line

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Mets have been playing this kinda ball all year. It's the new trend with the steroid era now gone.

taxe91
    taxe91's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    yeah it has been mostly a lost art...

I think the small ball stuff is cycling back again..... gonna see some teams with 88 cards type speed, cept many of them will have jack clark kinda power...

anyone seen the kid in the Reds organization, Billy Hamilton?

got like 100 sb's in less than a half season. Might shatter Ricky's records if he gets to the majors.

routinely beats out grounders to 2nd basemen and has the league committing balks at a record rate...
    just got his 100th today i think. hes in A ball at the moment though and its already his 4th year in the minors so hes got a while to go

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Quote Originally Posted by taxe91 View Post
    just got his 100th today i think. hes in A ball at the moment though and its already his 4th year in the minors so hes got a while to go
    yeah he was super raw coming out of high school, sometimes the HS hitters that get drafted don't really get MLB ready for 6+ years.

look at andrew mccutchen. this kid is maybe the fastest kid to ever play pro ball that I can remember. and he has ricky/vince coleman like base stealing craftiness. its an art and science that takes years of study and practice to perfect. many fast guys get caught stealing more than they are successful because they don't know how to take a good lead, and find the right count to run on, don't study the pitchers' pick off tendencies ect....

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Good to see some good strategy used in the game rather than everyone juicing up and hitting the ball 500 feet.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chi_archie