KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Name more than one channel that's conservative chalky, go

KingJD31

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    It takes a while to get used to hearing so much wrong. After a while, you get used to it. Living in Arizona for so much time has taught me that misinformed people, will remain misinformed.

As a result, I enjoy this forum.
    You don't have a clue, explain how this economy will get better under Obama, we are going to get taxed up the ass especially when the bush tax cuts expire and where is our tax money going? To that lazy fat fuk sitting on his couch all day eating Cheetos

KingJD31

Or that slutty chick who thinks it's a right to have pussy pills or abortion covered by insurance

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    Name more than one channel that's conservative chalky, go
    CNN, ABC, NBC, History, Military, Conservative channel, lifetime, FOX, etc.

Seriously though. These things pander to the ratings. Conservatism sells currently. It is nothing but entertainment. FOX NEWS and MSNBC are listed specifically as entertainment.

That said, the issue is this. The more educated/urban people tend to straddle the fence, lean left. The more family oriented, rural lean right.

It depends which demographic that specific channel is trying to hit up.

KingJD31

CNN ABC msnbc conservative???????????????????

ChalkyDog

This is fukkin ridiculous. You act as if these channels are out to trick the American public.

Let me ask you, which one of these liberal channels has tricked you, or made you feel dooped?

ChalkyDog

Realize, my point is - most of all channels pander to ratings. Their ratings depend on certain demographics. Depending on those demographics, will tell you which way that organization is leaning.

Has almost next to nothing to do with politics, and almost everything to do with the bottom line.

I never said media was conservative, you inferred that because I made a statement about how it is dumb to think media is liberal.

KingJD31

I'm sure the people who run NBC ABC are conservative don't disagree

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

You don't have a clue, explain how this economy will get better under Obama, we are going to get taxed up the ass especially when the bush tax cuts expire and where is our tax money going? To that lazy fat fuk sitting on his couch all day eating Cheetos
    I'm sure Obama is coming after your money. Are you a millionaire????
    If not, kindly go get your binky and let the big kids talk about things.

ChalkyDog

I'll make this so much easier for you people, based on a 5 second google search.

Our channels understood:

The owners of media

GE - NBC
    Disney - ESPN
    News Corp. - FOX News
    Time Warner - CNN
    CBS - CBS
    Viacom - Comedy Central

Those are your media companies. Is GE conservative or liberal? Time Warner? News Corp? Viacom?

Get it.

KingJD31

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    I'm sure Obama is coming after your money. Are you a millionaire????
    If not, kindly go get your binky and let the big kids talk about things.
    Listen fuk face explain to me how Obama is helping the middle class compared to Romney, Obama helps the people like you who need a stroller to go shopping with your food stamps but have no medical condition.......suck my dick *
    Last edited by shari91; 06-29-12 at 01:23 AM. Reason: language

ChalkyDog

Listen fuk face explain to me how Obama is helping the middle class compared to Romney, Obama helps the people like you who need a stroller to go shopping with your food stamps but have no medical condition.......suck my dick *
    Romney has personally shipped American jobs overseas, and was essentially the founding father of state health care, in America.

Middle class doesn't have a candidate.

Demographics represented:

Obscenely wealthy: Romney - vote accordingly
    Broke-dikk poor: Obama - vote accordingly.
    Some semblence of change: Paul - I am voting for him, but mainly because I don't believe in the electoral process at this level.
    Last edited by shari91; 06-29-12 at 01:24 AM. Reason: edited quote

McBa1n
    Update your status

Do some homework as to who owns what station. Sure, MSNBC has their nits - but they are not getting 'talking points' from the DNC, like fox does from the RNC (PROVABLE by fact). CNN and ABC are owned by MASSIVE donors to 'one team'. Follow the money and names. This country likes money - NBC is owned by a company that donates HEAVILY to the republican party. Again, read and follow the money. Why would some guy just give away MILLIONS? Dems don't have that sugar daddy. With Superpacs, it's almost impossible to follow who gives what to where - but I can say this - there's more money in killing Americans and/or the planet than not. That doesn't make me a democrat - f them. I'm registered Republican. It means you don't do your homework, sir. It also means your 'ideals' of history are askewed by the fact you probably don't know what it is.

That's old school Republican. Unfortunately, greed has ruled this nation. Until you have a million dollars, you're f'd, just like the rest of us.

KingJD31

I was hoping you would bring up Romney shipped jobs overseas because I read Washington post article yesterday (full blown lib writers) how Obama was shopping green jobs overseas I will post link when I get home

KingJD31

I don't like Romney but anyone but Obama is the way to go......I no I'm a racist

ChalkyDog

It is fun watching the conservatives scrambling for talking points. I am sure their talking points were all neatly written on note cards, totally ready to tee off on this Obamacare crap, hell even CNN and FOX reported Obamacare was overturned.

However, the early favorite talking points out of the club house are "Obama lied" "Obama tax" and running a distant 3rd "illegals and crackhead minorities".

I am pretty young, relatively speaking. Was a presidental election ever about real issues?

ChalkyDog

I was hoping you would bring up Romney shipped jobs overseas because I read Washington post article yesterday (full blown lib writers) how Obama was shopping green jobs overseas I will post link when I get home
    It makes sense, the people overseas are much more efficient. I don't claim the opposite.

However, don't pretend Romney is a choice. The guy is a hypocrite of epic proportions.

McBa1n
    Update your status

Good point, I am a 'fuk face'. NO ONE is helping the middle class. DERP. I'd suck your penis, but I choke on small bones.. Just saying.
    So, are you a millionaire? Or no? I'm not gay, but it's cool if you are. You asked me to suck yours. It's ok if your education stops with you NOT F'N READING NEWS and being just some meat puppet for some rich asswipe. F both parties, sir.

Although, I figure you got your education at the school of 'hard knocks', just like me - it's just, I choose to have a brain of my own and parse details. But it also requires study/reading. And you, sir, can squat on MY hydrant, knucklehead.
    Last edited by shari91; 06-29-12 at 01:25 AM. Reason: edited quote

ChalkyDog

My real thoughts on this issue, instead of snide comments and laughing at the bullshit:

I think the hand-wringing will eventually fade, and the fact will remain that our health care system has been improved somewhat (I would have preferred single payer but ok) by a program that was originally conceived by conservatives as an alternative to hillarycare back in the day-- and which was championed by the Heritage Foundation.

If W had promoted this plan, there would have been nary a squawk from the republicans on this. But because it was Obama, the right went nuts, leaving poor Romney having to explain away his signature policy achievement as governor of Massachusetts- one that I am sure he thought would help him as he ran for president because, at the time, it was an accepted republican policy proposal.

And now we have the nation's liberals thanking a conservative justice for approving what was originally a republican plan, and a bunch of conservatives wailing about how the sky is going to fall due to the passing of what is a republican health care plan.

KingJD31

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    Good point, I am a 'fuk face'. NO ONE is helping the middle class. DERP. I'd suck your penis, but I choke on small bones.. Just saying.
    So, are you a millionaire? Or no? I'm not gay, but it's cool if you are. You asked me to suck yours. It's ok if your education stops with you NOT F'N READING NEWS and being just some meat puppet for some rich asswipe. F both parties, sir.

Although, I figure you got your education at the school of 'hard knocks', just like me - it's just, I choose to have a brain of my own and parse details. But it also requires study/reading. And you, sir, can squat on MY hydrant, knucklehead.
    I am to young too broke and too stupid to be a millionaire but I agree fuk both parties, also I would be honored to take a squat on your hydrant

McBa1n
    Update your status

OMFG, get me that link!!!!!!!!!
    World economy. How about all the labor/tech support jobs that got shipped overseas under W. Have you dealt with 'tech support' from some guy in India? I don't give a crap, but wow, it's 100x more efficient than the tech support with some duder just starting his job in Kentucky the other day (with his manager on the line).
    How about Americans take some f'n pride in their work - and not be toss like douches. Go to wal-mart and tell me everyone there is happy with no health insurance and a substandard living wage - THEN you may get angry, but I about figure you can't. It's too hard to figure out what's going on when your narative is SOMETHING that HELPS Americans. FFS.

McBa1n
    Update your status

I am to young too broke and too stupid to be a millionaire but I agree fuk both parties, also I would be honored to take a squat on your hydrant
    Haha, thanks for the humility - and you'd be really disappointed. Dude, just read and read and read. You can do it. F um all. They don't care about you as much as they care about the 'middle class'. If you're in there? I feel for you. Don't listen to the toolbags on here that 'know what's going on' - because they don't. I'm broke and old - and too stupid to be a millionaire. Just saying the WORST thing I can do is support 1 party that is ALL about the 1% and a bunch of illegals working for them. I will not be a Dem, because they don't know what the f they want.

Just do it on your own, sir. They all lie, but SOMEWHERE in there is truth... It's just hard to figure out. And I figure both parties can f off.

Shaudius
    Shaudius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    Shaudius, you're assuming that the bottom 15% will only use an average amount of medical care services as compared to the remaining 85% and that's where your logic is extremely flawed.
    What makes you think the 15% that are uninsured are the bottom 15%? The fact of the matter is that many of the uninsured are perfectly healthy but had chosen to cost shift their potential care onto the taxpayer in so much as they did not have insurance and would have potential not been able to afford emergency treatment. There is no reason to believe this segment of the population will seek massive amounts of additional care now that they have insurance.

The other group is those with preexisting conditions. By their nature preexisting conditions(generally speaking) are conditions that require care, there are of course extreme examples of preexisting conditions happening years in the past and therefore people not being able to get insurance, but those people are no different than the uninsured healthy people group above in so much as the amount of care they actually needed was small. The other group is people with preexisting conditions who require regular treatment. This group was already receiving treatment without the Affordable Care Act, or they were avoiding treatment until they urgently needed it, either way the amount of care they require will not be more, it may be sooner, but either they were already in treatment or they will get more preventative care versus emergency care.

You're making assumptions that have no basis in fact and you clearly have no idea what is actually happening now. Therefore, you are NOT in a position to make any kind of analysis as to what will happen if ObamaCare is fully implemented.

I have sold disability and life insurance to physicians for over 20 years and met with over 5,000 physicians during that 20 year period. I met with physicians covering the entire specialty spectrum and in affluent areas as well as poor ones. In order to become as successful as I could possibly be, I found it worthwhile to spend many hours talking with physicians in regards to all aspects of their medical practices.

As part of the underwriting process, tax returns were required and you would be amazed at how much money physicians in poor areas made solely dealing with medicaid patients. You would be even more amazed when learning how poorly medicaid pays these physicians for the medical services performed.
    My response to this is, that's nice so what? The idea that the states must extend Medicaid was struck down today in case you didn't notice. Therefore the only part that remains of the challenged parts is the individual mandate which was put in place to get the stuff that people actually want guaranteed issue and community rating unless the states want to insure more people. I'm not really sure that you realize this based on the paragraphs I just quoted. You also haven't explained why my analysis in my OP is wrong you've just said I have no knowledge of the subject.

If you're interested, I could go into great detail about the mindset of people in the bottom 10% and it shouldn't surprise you to learn that when someone else is paying the tab, this bottom 10% abuses medical care more than you could possibly imagine.
    The bottom 10% of what? Income? As in people who already qualify for Medcaid or Medicare in a lot of cases? Again, Medicaid expansion got struck down, which you again don't seem to realize. All I continue to talk about is the individual mandate and guaranteed issue and community rating, why both of your posts seem to think that the Medicaid expansion will still go on in dozens of states.

We are all guilty of making thinly substantiated claims without knowing what the hell we're talking about and that is the case with you and most liberal democrats when it comes to trying to predict what the medical landscape is going to look like if ObamaCare winds up being fully implemented (both legislatively and financially).
    I predict that it will look largely the same, some people who couldn't get insurance who had preexisting conditions will be able to get it now, and some people who didn't have health insurance by choice will get it. Since there's no mandated expansion of Medicaid a large numbe of people in poverty will still lack health insurance in states where legislatures don't want to enact the Medicaid expansion, and will be exempt from the penalty because of the amount of their income.

After speaking with 1000's of physicians, I have a pretty good idea as to what is going to happen and all of the things Americans have taken for granted in regards to their medical care will not be there under an ObamaCare socialized medicine system.
    You continue to think that Obamacare is socialized medicine. The Medicaid expansion is just that, an expansion of a program that already exists for those in poverty with dependent children, the disabled, and the elderly. The effective mandatory Medicaid expansion got shot down, so in many states so those are the only groups that will continue to have Medicaid, the only new people coming into the system will be those with preexisting conditions, and they'll be covered by private insurance offered on health exchanges.

Before responding back about what ObamaCare is designed to do, you have to realize that once its fully enacted, there will have to be major adjustments made as the private sector is pushed out of medical care with the federal and state governments filling those huge gaps.
    Ummm, what? How is the private sector being pushed out medical care? Is having to treat people will preexisting conditions going to cause all that? You don't actually back up any of your claims with evidence.

Unfortunately, once the U.S. goes down the road of converting its medical care system from private to public, it will be impossible to go back for all sorts of reasons.
    I don't know what to tell you if you really believe Obamacare is converting the medical care system from private to public. Its completely ridiculous on its face.

The federal/state governments have taken on the responsibility of managing education, social security, medicare, etc and have failed miserably in all of them.
    The only one of the three things you mentioned thats an actual thing outside of government is education. Social Security is a government program, so I'm not really sure how anyone but the government could manage it. If you mean retirement, do you think Social Security has been going badly for the last 80 years? As far as Medicare is concerned, do people on Medicare not like what they have? Again, Medicare is not healthcare, Medicare is a government run insurance program. But you seem to have conflated programs with actual policy areas.

Our country's public educational system is an absolute joke with unions hijacking the system to enrich its members as opposed to delivering a quality education to our children. Social security and medicare are both completely unsustainable long-term piling up TRILLIONS AND TRILLIONS of unfunded liabilities which are country will NEVER be able to cover.
    This is pretty off topic, but if it was the unions that were causing all of this why do the states that don't have public school teachers unions have some of the worst education systems in the country? Unions are a boogy man of the right that really don't do all that much. Its as if you think that everything would be all honkey doory with the US education system if only there were no unions. Tell me, what kind of education systems do you think that the countries with better education systems than the US' have, do you think they're all private schools or that they don't have strong benefits packages for their teachers?

As far as Social Security and Medicare are concerned. The Social Security trust fund has enough money in it(if the other parts of the government didn't stop borrowing from it) to last for ~25 years at current benefit levels, after that time, it wouldn't become insolvent it just wouldn't bring in enough money to cover all of its liabilities. All that is really required to save SS is to gradually raise the retirement age or to stop exempting from the SS tax income over $106,000 or any number of things, but its a great myth that SS is what is bankrupting our nation, it basically pays for itself right now, even after 25 years the gap will only be ~10% of benefits.

As far as Medicare is concerned, the reason that it supposedly has all of these long term unsustainable liabilities is because of the rapid rise in the cost of healthcare in general. No system would be sustainable with the models used to calculate the sustainability of Medicare, and frankly if medical care keeps rising at the same rate forever no one will be able to afford anything.

In my opinion, today's SCOTUS decision ensures Obama's defeat come November and perhaps Chief Justice Roberts was thinking just that when making his decision to break ranks on this healthcare issue.
    Maybe maybe not, I don't think its as big of an issue as you do, the polls show that while the majority favors repeal, its not such an overwhelming majority(54% or so) and even when looking at those numbers the numbers break back down toward Obama when asked about a head to head match-up, we'll see what affect today's ruling has.
    Last edited by Shaudius; 06-29-12 at 07:32 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: wikkidinsane, and Thor4140

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1956

America wins.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32479

Watch George reduce Barry to a blithering idiot.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

You mean my tax money will be going straight to ttwarrior???

stevenash

The Court Rules: Obamacare is the Largest Tax Increase in the History of the World

RUSH: Hey, folks, have you seen the economic news today? Have you heard about the unemployment numbers today? (laughing) Gross domestic product, have you heard about any of that? Because I have it here, and it sucks. It's a disaster. The economy of this country remains a disaster. And we, the American people, have just been deceived in ways that nobody contemplated. And what we now have is the biggest tax increase in the history of the world. What we have been told by the chief justice of the Supreme Court and four liberals on the court: Obamacare is just a massive tax increase. That's all it is. Obama lied to us about that. The Democrats lied. "It wasn't a tax. There was no way it was a tax."

The chief justice was hell-bent to find a way to make this law applicable, so he just decided, you know what, as a tax increase, it works, because there's no limit on the federal government's ability to tax. And it's right there in the preamble of the Constitution, right there, Article 1, Section 8, the general welfare clause, it's been established Congress can tax whatever, whoever, whenever, how much they want. Even when they don't ask for it, the Supreme Court is gonna find a way to make what they want to do legal because John Roberts said it's not our job here to forbid this. It's not our job to protect people from outcomes. It's not our job to determine whether it is right or wrong or any of that. We just get to look at it. We can't forbid this. This is what the elected representatives of the people want.No, the elected representatives of the people were deceived. Remember yesterday I asked you, if this decision went this way, what was your initial reaction going to be. And how many of you were deflated as you can be because of the way this was reported? The first thing that came down, the mandate, unconstitutional, that was the first thing everybody reported. Mandate unconstitutional, big sigh of relief. And then within moments, wait a minute, wait a minute, we're reading further. Hold it just a second. The mandate's unconstitutional, but the court has decided it's a tax, and therefore it's okay. So Obamacare is nothing more than the largest tax increase in the history of the world. And the people who were characterizing it as such were right and were telling the truth. We have the biggest tax increase in the history of the world right in the middle of one of this country's worst recessions. In fact, as the vice president said yesterday, a depression for millions of Americans. The chief justice of the United States Supreme Court, John Roberts, said, "It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices." Not our job. Well, what about when we are deceived? The court upheld a law that was not what we were told it would be. What has been upheld here is fraud, and the Internal Revenue Service has just become Barack Obama's domestic army. That is what we face now. We were deceived. Obamacare was a lie. It was a stealth tax on all Americans, and nobody knew it until today. Not officially. Obama told George Stephanopoulos it wasn't a tax. And Stephanopoulos was trouble-making for trying to suggest otherwise. Let's go to the audio sound bites. September 20th, 2009, on This Week with George Stephanopoulos, interviewing President Obama, discussion about the health care reform bill, Stephanopoulos said, "Under this mandate, the government is forcing people to spend money and fining them if they don't. How is that not a tax increase?"

OBAMA: No, tha-tha-that's not true, George. Eh, for us to say that you've gotta take a responsibility to get health insurance is absolutely not a tax increase. What it's saying is is that we're not gonna have other people carrying your burdens for you, any more than the fact that right now everybody in America, just about, has to get auto insurance. Nobody considers that a tax increase. People say to themselves, "That is a fair way to make sure that if you hit my car, that I'm not covering all the costs."
    RUSH: Stephanopoulos then said, "Well, it may be fair, and it may be good public policy, but for you to say that this isn't a tax. This just..."
    OBAMA: No, no. B-b-but George y-y-y-you can't just make up that language and decide that that's called a tax increase.
    STEPHANOPOULOS: I don't think I'm making it up. Merriam-Webster Dictionary: "Tax: A charge, usually of money, imposed by authority --
    OBAMA: (snickering)
    STEPHANOPOULOS: -- on persons or property for public purposes."
    OBAMA: George, the fact that you looked up Miriam's dictionary (sic), the definition of tax increase indicates to me that you're stretching a little bit right now. Otherwise you wouldn'ta gone to the dictionary to check on the definition! I mean --
    STEPHANOPOULOS: Well, no.
    OBAMA: If -- if what you're saying is --
    STEPHANOPOULOS: I wanted to check for myself, but your critics say it is a tax increase.
    OBAMA: My critics say everything's a tax increase! My critics say that I'm taking over, uhh, every sector of the economy. You know that! Uh, eh, eh... Look, we can have a legitimate debate about whether or not we're gonna have an individual mandate or not but --
    STEPHANOPOULOS: But you reject that it's a tax increase?
    OBAMA: I absolutely reject that notion.
    RUSH: Well, it didn't matter, did it?
    He lies to the American people every day. What does it matter? "It's not a tax increase." We all knew what was coming down the pike if this thing were upheld, whatever it's called. We are being forced to purchase something, whether they want to twist this as coming under the Commerce Clause or the whole thing being a tax. But you just heard: Obama told us it wasn't a tax. Congress told us it wasn't a tax. Pelosi told us it wasn't. And we have to pass Obamacare to find out what was in it. The Supreme Court just told us what's in it. It's a massive regressive tax on all Americans.
    I remember Obama saying that couples making less than $250,000 a year would never see a tax increase if he was elected while he served. That's out the window. It was a lie. We were all deceived. You can call it a tax; you can call it a fine. No matter. You can say it's a power of the Commerce Clause or not. No matter. What happened today is all that matters. And what happened today is that we were bludgeoned with a tax that requires us to do as the government mandates. We must do what they say.
    But guess who collects the tax?
    Not the government. It's the insurance companies, the health insurance companies. For as long as they last, the health insurance companies are the ones that collect the tax. The IRS is going to enforce it; we have to buy health insurance. This is essentially being forced to pay a tax. It's just been called a tax. Insurance premiums have just been called a tax, folks. Premiums to buy health insurance. We must buy it. The government has the ability to levy that tax. We are going to buy health insurance from insurance companies mandated by the government.
    The Supreme Court told us today that this is a tax. So our health insurance premiums essentially are a tax. There's no limit here! What if insurance companies want to tax us for not buying a new car? It is a stealth tax, and that's what it was all along. It's a massive behavior-modification program. Either behave as directed or suffer the loss of private property. If you don't buy what the government tells you to buy, you're going to be taxed. You're going to fined. So even without the Commerce Clause, the federal government can virtually dictate what we do with our so-called private property.

The administration and the Congress said, "No, it's not a tax!" Arguing before the court, they said, "No, it's not a tax!" Then a couple of whispers, "Yes, it is a tax." The chief justice says (paraphrased), "I can't forbid this. It's not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices. I gotta find a way. Congress wants this, so I gotta find a way to make it happen. Okay, we'll call it a tax, and that makes it perfectly legal." So today the sovereign nature of the individual wasn't just weakened; it was eviscerated.
    Between the Arizona and Obamacare decisions, America is a very different concept than it was just a week ago. In the United States of America, you either purchase what central authorities tell you to purchase or they will punish you with taxes. In America, states are not allowed to fully protect their citizens from the slow-motion invasion across their borders. The Feds opted out of the program in Arizona. States are powerless. And don't forget Obama just granted de facto amnesty to over one million illegal aliens.
    So now we look forward to November.
    November is the chance to get rid of the people who did this, and then put in place people we hope mean it when they say they're going to repeal it. That's it, folks. That is all that remains. Because, as of today, the American government can and will seize your private property if you don't purchase and/or sell what's been ordered. It's really breathtaking, what happened today. And it is breathtaking to watch ignoramuses who don't really understand what happened celebrate it. We have been betrayed and deceived by Congress. We have been betrayed and deceived by the Supreme Court.
    It was never contemplated that Obamacare was a massive tax increase. Can you imagine them selling it on the basis of it being a massive tax increase? You heard Obama. He went out of his way to tell everybody it wasn't a tax increase. That was the death knell for the bill to call it a massive tax increase! He's running around telling everybody that nobody is gonna pay increased taxes. So we've been spent into deficit hell. We've now been taxed into disposable income hell. The Constitution's under assault, and so is every individual living here under assault.
    "Do as you're told! Shut up, sit down, or pay a tax."

stevenash

I don't like Romney but anyone but Obama is the way to go......I no I'm a racist
    You are the furthest thin from a racist, but you are right, Obama needs to go, amongst other things, he's the least prepared man in the room.
    Always.

Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Yesterday Romney said we need to over turn Obamacare and..

One, we have to make sure that people who want to keep their current insurance will be able to do so. Having 20 million people - up to that number of people lose the insurance they want is simply unacceptable.

Number two, got to make sure that those people who have pre-existing conditions know that they will be able to be insured and they will not lose their insurance.

We also have to assure that we do our very best to help each state in their effort to assure that every American has access to affordable health care

I think he wants to replace Obamacare with Obamacare.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 554

I was so pissed off at Justice Roberts when I first heard he decision, but he did the right thing here. It is up to the people to make sure we have elected officials who pass policy we approve of. In the same breath, Roberts did exactly what conservatives have bellowed for decades. Judges should not be making policy. Roberts upheld the integrity of the court yesterday.

stevenash

TODAY'S SCOTUS DECISION DOOMS OBAMA'S REELECTION:

Yes, Obama and the Democrats are entitled to a bit of a victory lap today, after Chief Justice Roberts searched deeply within his political self and found a path to uphold ObamaCare. Sure, the individual mandate was unconstitutional on the two arguments made by the Obama Administration. But, on the argument they expressly didn't make--that the mandate was really a tax--the Court decided that Congress was well within its power to enact the provision. So, its still the law of the land. But, today's ruling will probably go down in history as the most effective GOP voter turnout operation ever. There is only one way to repeal ObamaCare and that is through the ballot box. It will happen.

During the debates over ObamaCare, the President and Democrats strained themselves to argue that the individual mandate wasn't a tax. Obama himself had campaigned on a promise to never raise taxes on any families earning less than $250,000 a year. Today, the Court called the mandate for what it is...a tax. In doing so, it acknowledged that, not only did Obama break his campaign promise, but he and his leftist allies have ushered in the largest tax hike in history. They will go with that record into the voting booth in November.

From a nakedly partisan viewpoint, today's ruling is the best case scenario for the GOP. ObamaCare is still deeply unpopula,r and now the only way to undo it is to sweep Obama and dozens of Democrats out of office. The GOP base will speed up its rallying to Romney, because it is their only chance to repeal this monstrosity. Independents, who have been peppered with silly social issue memes from the media, will put all of that aside to ensure that ObamaCare is repealed.

Many of my colleagues are understandably upset with Chief Justice Roberts. But, he may have pulled off the ultimate Jedi Knight mind trick. He upheld the law by framing it as a tax, which runs counter to Obama's campaign promises. His opinion even provides a legal basis to restrain future federal power grabs. Moreover, he has ensured that the only way to appeal the law is to prevail, across the board, in November. That was ultimately always the case.

But that awareness was implied. Now it is explicit. We have to run the tables in November to have any hope of maintaining our liberty. There is great clarity in knowing the stakes of a fight. Thanks to today's ruling, we have that now.
    Patriots around the country will now realize that there is no cavalry on the horizon. If we want to preserve our liberties, we will have to fight for it. Patriots and Independents now have a singular reason to show up at the polls in November. This focus will doom Obama's reelection campaign.

Today, I donated to a congressional candidate who is committed to repealing ObamaCare. What did you do?

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Well, yesterday I wrote my Repub congressman and told him he lost. Get over it. Make the health care plan better.
    If he wants to repeal, I'll be more than happy to fire his ass. That's what I did.

Tully Mars 63

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    TODAY'S SCOTUS DECISION DOOMS OBAMA'S REELECTION:

Yes, Obama and the Democrats are entitled to a bit of a victory lap today, after Chief Justice Roberts searched deeply within his political self and found a path to uphold ObamaCare. Sure, the individual mandate was unconstitutional on the two arguments made by the Obama Administration. But, on the argument they expressly didn't make--that the mandate was really a tax--the Court decided that Congress was well within its power to enact the provision. So, its still the law of the land. But, today's ruling will probably go down in history as the most effective GOP voter turnout operation ever. There is only one way to repeal ObamaCare and that is through the ballot box. It will happen.

During the debates over ObamaCare, the President and Democrats strained themselves to argue that the individual mandate wasn't a tax. Obama himself had campaigned on a promise to never raise taxes on any families earning less than $250,000 a year. Today, the Court called the mandate for what it is...a tax. In doing so, it acknowledged that, not only did Obama break his campaign promise, but he and his leftist allies have ushered in the largest tax hike in history. They will go with that record into the voting booth in November.

From a nakedly partisan viewpoint, today's ruling is the best case scenario for the GOP. ObamaCare is still deeply unpopula,r and now the only way to undo it is to sweep Obama and dozens of Democrats out of office. The GOP base will speed up its rallying to Romney, because it is their only chance to repeal this monstrosity. Independents, who have been peppered with silly social issue memes from the media, will put all of that aside to ensure that ObamaCare is repealed.

Many of my colleagues are understandably upset with Chief Justice Roberts. But, he may have pulled off the ultimate Jedi Knight mind trick. He upheld the law by framing it as a tax, which runs counter to Obama's campaign promises. His opinion even provides a legal basis to restrain future federal power grabs. Moreover, he has ensured that the only way to appeal the law is to prevail, across the board, in November. That was ultimately always the case.

But that awareness was implied. Now it is explicit. We have to run the tables in November to have any hope of maintaining our liberty. There is great clarity in knowing the stakes of a fight. Thanks to today's ruling, we have that now.
    Patriots around the country will now realize that there is no cavalry on the horizon. If we want to preserve our liberties, we will have to fight for it. Patriots and Independents now have a singular reason to show up at the polls in November. This focus will doom Obama's reelection campaign.

Today, I donated to a congressional candidate who is committed to repealing ObamaCare. What did you do?
    Did you write that or is it from some source? No I'm not attempting to accuse you of taking cridet for something that's not yours, just wondering.

My main wonder is due the statements like "Patriots and Independents now have a singular reason to show up at the polls in November. I just don't like it when one side calls or implies the other are not "Patriots." I also hate hearing how "real Americans" will do "X." Real Americans are very diverse, they might do any number of things and calling your neighbors unpatriotic and un-American because you disagree politically is really fukking low.

As to what I'll do... I'm not donating shit to anyone. I might write a letter via e-mail so I don't have to buy postage.

Tully Mars 63

The Court Rules: Obamacare is the Largest Tax Increase in the History of the World

No, it's not.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politic...e-ever/1237768

But it's a heck of a talking point and will likely play well with many voters. I'm convinced most voters do little research and will respond to who ever gets their message out the best. Romney's sudden cash (he and the Pac's supporting him were already on course to out spend Obama) will help get stuff like this out there.

Again not good news for team Obama.

eleuropeano
    eleuropeano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1924

The government does not have the right to mandate what goods or services we must purchase.
    Hahahah, seriously??? It's called taxation.

First ... 9101112131415 Last