no gnu taxes
    no gnu taxes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Even the leftard rag, The Washington Post, reaizes Obama is an effin liar

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...x6qV_blog.html

SNIP

The Obama campaign apparently loves to ding former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney with the charge of “outsourcing.” On several occasions, we have faulted the campaign for its claims, apparently to little avail.
    Now, all of the claims have been combined in one 30-second ad, with the added incendiary charge that the presumptive Republican presidential nominee was a “corporate raider.” Let’s look anew at this material.

SNIP

Regarding the other claims, concerning Canadian electronics maker SMTC Manufacturing and customer service firm Modus Media, the Obama campaign tries to take advantage of a gray area in which Romney had stepped down from Bain — to manage the Salt lake City Olympics — but had not sold his shares in the firm. We had previously given the Obama campaign Three Pinocchios for such tactics.

SNIP

As we mentioned, we recounted this ancient Massachusetts history before, giving the campaign Two Pinocchios. So we were very surprised the Obama campaign cited that critical Fact Checker column as a source for the ad in its back-up materials.

The ad also cites as a source a Boston Globe article from last month that merely reports on an earlier ad making similar charges. That’s highly circular reasoning — and is not fair play.

SNIP

The Pinocchio Test

The Obama campaign fails to make its case. On just about every level, this ad is misleading, unfair and untrue, from the use of “corporate raider” to its examples of alleged outsourcing. Simply repeating the same debunked claims won’t make them any more correct.

Four Pinocchios

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gnu----you do realize there are politico boards out there where this stuff would matter more, right?

I'm thinking after the first 129 political posts you make here----your rants begin to fall on deaf eyes/ears.

But hey, even Sisyphus never really learned.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: NYSportsGuy210

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Can we just auto saloon this moron's thread.

MartinBlank

Quote Originally Posted by frizzelli View Post
    Can we just auto saloon this moron's thread.
    The really funny thing about gnu's posts are how much of a wasted effort they are.

He's preaching to what audience exactly? We're gamblers. And unless voting booths are offering free plays on November 6th, I guessing less than 1% of SBR will be voting.

And those that are, are either firmly dug in already to vote for Obama, or against Obama.

He's not converting any gamblers.

no gnu taxes

Gnu----you do realize there are politico boards out there where this stuff would matter more, right?
    What makes you think I don't post to them? And since I can't gamble right now, I might as well post political messages since it is election season. If enough are posted to enough places by enough people, it may affect proposition odds.

I'm thinking after the first 129 political posts you make here----your rants begin to fall on deaf eyes/ears.
    They don't fall on deaf ears. Trust that.

But hey, even Sisyphus never really learned.
    Did he really have a choice?

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Sbr is in the process of perma banning this dumb fuk.

MartinBlank

Quote Originally Posted by no gnu taxes View Post
    What makes you think I don't post to them? And since I can't gamble right now, I might as well post political messages since it is election season. If enough are posted to enough places by enough people, it may affect proposition odds.

They don't fall on deaf ears. Trust that.

Did he really have a choice?
    You honestly believe you are going to convert someone on SBR?

If you think that, that explains more than even I imagined.

Of all the places, nooks, crannies available on the internet where there are actual independent voters torn about the 2012 election, you have chosen to use your time and energy on a forum that probably has <1% of actual voters.

I'm curious, and I hope this sinks in. Has anyone PM'd you thanking you for providing them with useful information, that has influenced their potential vote? I'm guessing the answer is a firm no, but hey, I've seen everything possible on this site.

no gnu taxes

I'm curious, and I hope this sinks in. Has anyone PM'd you thanking you for providing them with useful information[
    Why would I expect anyone to?

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

NYSportsGuy210 , call me on your Obama Phone

MartinBlank

Why would I expect anyone to?
    Well, for one, and you stated it above-----your aim was to possibly convince someone that is on the fence regarding Obama.

So you would think someone trying as hard as you---would have had on thankful convert.

Or.

I was right.

And you're wasting your time preaching to an audience that doesn't give a rat's ass.

You would be better served talking about Barbie Dolls here than politics. But hey, so long as you THINK your changing the world, one degenerate at a time.

Sam Odom

Martin , is this any different than trying to talk someone off of the NYY when they are dead set against the Mets ?

no gnu taxes

your aim was to possibly convince someone that is on the fence regarding Obama.
    Where did I ever say that? I don't expect to convince any one single person of anything -- at least not in the short term.

What I said was enough of such postings may affect long term poltical proposition odds.

MartinBlank

Where did I ever say that? I don't expect to convince any one single person of anything -- at least not in the short term.

What I said was enough of such postings may affect long term poltical proposition odds.
    You don't think that it could have the exact opposite effect?

Too much preaching of any kind will lose an audience. And I am surprised you don't realize it.

Listen, if you want to spend every waking second you have posting rant after rant about Obama, so be it. That's up to you. I'm just surprised you don't see how little value there is in all those typed words. Whatever you think the bar is, it's much much much lower than that. Consider your audience, and what the message is you're trying to get across.

MartinBlank

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Martin , is this any different than trying to talk someone off of the NYY when they are dead set against the Mets ?
    Sam, political discussion here is absolutely worthless. Not just here, just about anywhere.

I can't believe you just compared politics to sports betting. A good sports bettor should be dispassionate about what team they are betting on. They shouldn't have any vested emotions in the side they are on, or it clouds your ability to handicap. If you are a homer for a team, you will lose your ass, if you bet against a team because you hate a player or coach, you will lose your ass.

Politics is driven by emotion.

And those of you who continue to post political rants are really short-sighted to that end.

Those that carry an interest in politics at this stage, already have their minds made up. There will be no political converts on SBR. And I suspect you know that. The moment you post a pro-GOP, or a pro-Obama thread, the opposite side will in up and the threads become nasty pretty quickly.

If you guys want to keep posting about Obama's phone, or Obama's unemployment rate, so be it. But if you are posting those things thinking you are about to convert some guys on the fence here at SBR, you are woefully mistaken. It isn't happening.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

So... hold on Gnu - I am trying to grasp this. What you are saying is Obama lies?

WHAT A REVELATION!

I shall vote for magic underwear mitt now, because............. he lies less?!

The funniest part about all this, is the uber moderate - almost liberal by today standard - Romney is getting so much love by the ultra conservative.

Hilarious. You can't make this shit up.

Status quo 1 v. Status quo 2.

Both offer zero in ability to right America.

Political tribalism at its finest.

no gnu taxes

Listen, if you want to spend every waking second you have posting rant after rant about Obama,
    I post about 1 thread a day on the issue. Hardly every waking second. But I could post more if you'd like.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post

Romney is getting so much love by the ultra conservative.

CD , put it this away... if were getting fukked in the ass and there were no way out - gonna happen

would you want jjgold's rooster in your butt or Shaq O'Neal's ?

no gnu taxes

The funniest part about all this, is the uber moderate - almost liberal by today standard - Romney is getting so much love by the ultra conservative.
    I don't see a lot of ultra conservatives showing "love" for Romney. But eating a rotten apple is better than eating a pile of shitt.

MartinBlank

I post about 1 thread a day on the issue. Hardly every waking second. But I could post more if you'd like.
    Do it. And prove me right.

Next time I won't do you the favor of generating views/responses. Had it not been for me, I'm guessing this thread would have joined all your others on the subject would just die the lonely death they do on in the Saloon.

So keep posting. And we'll let the your view count remain in the teens on this subject.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I am really sure that you are going to hear plenty of untrue statements from both of these guys. That is the way they like to do it. I call it horrible not to say true facts here. There is plenty of this going on so far what I have seen so far this election. It is only going to get worse also. Just plain bad!