MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big mistake there by Collins leaving grandpa Batista in there. No way he could survive two innings unscathed.

kramerthekid
    kramerthekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

Mets will score 2 in the 8th or 9th trust me they want this too much

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Miguel Batista gave up a crushing shot to Robinson Cano on Friday night too (I was there). How could he leave him in against him again?

MarkTX
    MarkTX's Avatar Become A Pro!

running out of time here

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

yankees closer can be had....

MarkTX
    MarkTX's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's like the Mets NEED to have 2 outs before they are allowed to try and score

hundredbombs
    hundredbombs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 952

Quote Originally Posted by kramerthekid View Post
    Mets will score 2 in the 8th or 9th trust me they want this too much
    they want it tomorrow. santana on the mound against the cubs. get that locked in now.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Only Landers could jinx the hottest arm in the league

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    yep, it was my fault

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Yanks playing better ball than the Mets.

jeffdane
    jeffdane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

idiotic post, get em tomorrow landers.

Coming Back!
    Coming Back!'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Coming Back! View Post
    Mets are going to lose tomorrow. The Yankees will make Dickey throw a lot of pitches. After 100 pitches R.A, is not the same. Manager even admitted it. This isn't a joke anymore. I've seen the last few games Dickey threw against Wash, TB, Balt. Players are laughing in the dugout. Almost like it was a throwaway game. The Yankees are a proffesional team, national TV, hate the Mets, and are going to want to be very motivated to stop the Dickey Express. My biggest concern on the Yankees side is CC. He is overrated in my opinion. Still think the Yanks take this one. Also, looks like the Mets closer is out, which shortens their suseptible bullpen even more.... Yanks -125 minimum by game time!!! If you like the Yanks, grab it now...
    I hate to pat myself on the back, but pretty much nailed that one. Wish I was this smart on all my plays...

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post
    Some of you are clowns.
    What I said is 100% true, fact that Yankees won is irrelevant. Those that bet them late took around -130 on a team that should have been a small underdog.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdane View Post
    yankees are the best road team in the league.
    dickey obviously "due" to give up something (didnt mean today cuz he was "due" before this game, but still "due")
    mets 3.9 runs/game at home
    last game of the subway series
    reverse line movement
    yanks 15-5 in june
    mets 10-15 vs lefties
    yanks 2.70 era bullpen
    mets 5.30 era bullpen
    yanks 9 hr's last 3 games
    Sabathia pitching

could go on but no need, the game is not over and the mets may win, but how can you say ZERO value on the yankees?
    Because the Mets should have been a small favorite with Dickey at home. Yankees were a -EV play long term. And the the fact that guys are gloating about winning witht a team that was overvalued (and even more grossly so late) is a perfect example of why most gamblers lose.
    Last edited by LT Profits; 06-25-12 at 01:42 AM.

jeffdane

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Because the Mets should have been a small favorite with Dickey at home. Yankees were a -EV play long term. And the the fact that guys are gloating about winning about a team that was overvalued (and even more grossly so late) is a perfect example of why most gamblers lose.

so, since the mets were supposed to be(in your opinion) small favorites and you could bet them at +125, the mets were the right play, even though they lost the game and there were signs pointing to the mets losing the game.

makes sense.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Because the Mets should have been a small favorite with Dickey at home. Yankees were a -EV play long term. And the the fact that guys are gloating about winning witht a team that was overvalued (and even more grossly so late) is a perfect example of why most gamblers lose.
    I thought Yanks should have been slight favorite. Yankees are 5-1 vs Mets. Not a coincidence, talent in AL just superior to NL, but the main reason is because Yanks have seen Dickey and have seen knuckleballs a shit ton.

LT Profits

so, since the mets were supposed to be(in your opinion) small favorites and you could bet them at +125, the mets were the right play, even though they lost the game and there were signs pointing to the mets losing the game.

makes sense.
    Nothing you posted was really that relevant to how lines are set, lines put the highest priority on starting pitching and Dickey has better numbers than Sabathia. Even if you accept the opener of Yankees -106 as the fair line, then obviously Mets +125 was a +EV play. You can't possibly win long term taking bad numbers.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

hispanics are all the good hitters and the blacks play the best defense and are more athletic hitters but not power like the mexicans

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    hispanics are all the good hitters and the blacks play the best defense and are more athletic hitters but not power like the mexicans
    wha?

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Look out GoatMilk you are about to be trolled by the ultimate troll

Fang-Banger
    Fang-Banger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Quote Originally Posted by brock landers View Post
    dickey is the hottest motherfukker pitching, hands down, right now in baseball. The mets are at home and are +100 at heritage.

I don't give a flying fuk if cc sabathia is pitching for the yankees, he can be had, whereas dickey isn't even giving up hits right now. 2 1 hitters in a row.

I'll take the mets here all day, every day.

Going to pound the fuk out of this boys.

Pound it!!!!!

Btw, this is not a rubberband play, but one i love regardless.

Get some!!!!

fail

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Get it all back today Brock!

get some!

Coming Back!
    Coming Back!'s Avatar Become A Pro!

You don't pay juice when you win, so who cares. Just bc you think it's a bad number doesn't mean it is. Oh, because Dickey had 42 scoreless innings. Who gives a sh*t? It was a trap, he's not Hershiser circa 1988. He's R.A Dickey against a powerhouse lineup. The play won, therefore it was a good play.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Coming Back! View Post
    You don't pay juice when you win, so who cares. Just bc you think it's a bad number doesn't mean it is. Oh, because Dickey had 42 scoreless innings. Who gives a sh*t? It was a trap, he's not Hershiser circa 1988. He's R.A Dickey against a powerhouse lineup. The play won, therefore it was a good play.
    Not true at all. VALUE is EVERYTHING in betting, if you take Dickey +125 in this spot over and over, you will make a profit. If you lose one game with value, so be it because you will win long term. If you won one game with no value, you got lucky because you will lose if you make the same play repeatedly.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

Not true at all. VALUE is EVERYTHING in betting, if you take Dickey +125 in this spot over and over, you will make a profit. If you lose one game with value, so be it because you will win long term. If you won one game with no value, you got lucky because you will lose if you make the same play repeatedly.
    I certainly agree with that !

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The Yankees were hit hard all day

The world had them except us

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stop it already...books don't just move mlb lines that much because of the public.
    LT i like ya kinda but seriously...if it would be that easy to get +125 when you think the line should be EV, for no reason cept that they are trying to even out action, fukk sake everyone would be rich here.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    Stop it already...books don't just move mlb lines that much because of the public.
    LT i like ya kinda but seriously...if it would be that easy to get +125 when you think the line should be EV, for no reason cept that they are trying to even out action, fukk sake everyone would be rich here.
    But it's easier to find those situations in high-profile TV games with a popular team where even square money could be substantial enough to move the lines. Had this been a run of the mill 4:00 game with the same movement, I would have respected the move because it would have more than likely have been caused by sharp money, since square money is basically ignored. Last night's game had a ton of square money on the Yankees, so that affected the line. And all of that aside, you still have to be good at setting your own lines in order to recognize value in the first place, and that is probably a bigger reason why everyone is not rich.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

play at pinnacle and pay -103 on ML.. -105 on totals

jeffdane

i will start by saying, i know what you are saying, and i respect ur opinion and approach.

now you keep saying "long term".

fact is this situation will NEVER be played again, so there is no "long term"

Dickey will not be coming off of 42 scoreless innings against the yankees on June 24th again. Its not going to happen again and you cant dispute this.

The fact that you say the mets were the right play and the yanks were the wrong play even after you know the result of the game is just whatever.

italianbandit
    italianbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2767

i will start by saying, i know what you are saying, and i respect ur opinion and approach.

Dickey will not be coming off of 42 scoreless innings against the yankees on June 24th again. Its not going to happen again and you cant dispute this.

The fact that you say the mets were the right play and the yanks were the wrong play even after you know the result of the game is just whatever.

You don't know what he is saying. The result is irrelevant.

LT Profits

If you really knew what I was saying, then you would also know that the result of the game is irrelevant. It's all ancient historey now anyway, I had a 3-0 sweep on Monday so I'm happy.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

the mets were the were play

LT is right

First 1234