seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Should there be any response from Dan Gilbert when the Heat win the series?

A congratulatory response to LeBron? An apology to LeBron? Or should he just STFU? Is there anything he should or can do to come out of this looking like anything other than an idiot?

msetai
    msetai's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1366

I think just leave it alone

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

He shouldn't apologize but he most certainly should make a congratulatory statement. Just like LeBron, it doesn't matter what he does, the damage is done.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

He shouldn't say a word. Everyone understands why he made the statement to begin with and most don't damn him for it. Silence is the best option now.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    He shouldn't apologize but he most certainly should make a congratulatory statement. Just like LeBron, it doesn't matter what he does, the damage is done.
    If he doesn't mean it, he shouldn't do it. Gilbert was pretty fired up with his guarantee. He can't back down because he didn't know LeBron would win one this quickly. Hell, LeBron didn't even give him a chance to spend any money on a great free agent to even get close.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Quote Originally Posted by msetai View Post
    I think just leave it alone
    Agreed

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Don't forget this tweet after Dallas won it all last year. So Gilbert was still poking and prodding LeBron nearly a year later.

"Old Lesson for all," Gilbert tweeted a few minutes after Dallas won the championship in Miami. "There are NO SHORTCUTS. NONE."

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

congratulate him. ignore the other shit.

Bdolan33
    Bdolan33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

There are shortcuts afterall.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Bdolan33 View Post
    There are shortcuts afterall.
    Shortcuts and unfair cuts. Sucks being Cleveland Cavs owner when half the franchise's value declines because one players leaves the premises.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Bro who cares about Dan Gilbert. The guy is a fukkin loser, he will never ever win a championship, he's a crybaby and doesn't know shit about basketball.

Only a moron would guarantee one of the greatest to ever play the game would not win a ring. sorry paco- not trying to disrespect, but its the truth

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Well he was upset and I don't blame him. He should not say anything. Maybe give James some chalk as a gift and a dance dvd with Delontes West kissing gloria on the cover.
    Points Awarded:

Pauulzcappin gave lakerboy 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

fkk Gilbert that whiner, he's got hundreds of millions if not more
    what does he know about Lebron ? did he grow up poor, black,
    with a drugged out whore for a mother and no father ?
    Gilbert has no idea what real adversity is.
    Akron kids like Bron are not Cleveland kids. It's not his hometown.
    He is not property of Gilbert or any other.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

He should take the first step to getting Lebron back to Cleveland and offer congratulation.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6482

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    If he doesn't mean it, he shouldn't do it. Gilbert was pretty fired up with his guarantee. He can't back down because he didn't know LeBron would win one this quickly. Hell, LeBron didn't even give him a chance to spend any money on a great free agent to even get close.

Not a James apologist, but Gilbert is an ass. He had 7 years to "spend money on a great free agent", but like most owners in most sports, he's a greedy business f*ck who thinks he knows sports/personnel and he got burned. Then acted like a whiny 2 year old. Cleveland fans should have taken their anger out on him, sh*t starts at the top. Imo.

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post

Not a James apologist, but Gilbert is an ass. He had 7 years to "spend money on a great free agent", but like most owners in most sports, he's a greedy business f*ck who thinks he knows sports/personnel and he got burned. Then acted like a whiny 2 year old. Cleveland fans should have taken their anger out on him, sh*t starts at the top. Imo.
    stfu u homo

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

F*ck you attention whore, you've been owned in every thread you invade. Time to put you on ignore. And you wish I was gay, f*ckin' 12 year old.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Well he was upset and I don't blame him. He should not say anything. Maybe give James some chalk as a gift and a dance dvd with Delontes West kissing gloria on the cover.
    Does LeBron still do the chalk thing? Gloria James, no comment. She is kissing everybody with a nutsack headed to the locker room at halftime of every game on each team.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

perhaps congrats on your bought championship

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Bro who cares about Dan Gilbert. The guy is a fukkin loser, he will never ever win a championship, he's a crybaby and doesn't know shit about basketball.

Only a moron would guarantee one of the greatest to ever play the game would not win a ring. sorry paco- not trying to disrespect, but its the truth
    Contrary to popular belief, Gilbert is the face of the Cavs franchise. Most casual fans don't even know who their coach is or that they had the rookie of the year in 2012. Loser yes, but he is the person most want to hear from when the deal is done, not some jersey burning jerk who made news a few years ago.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Alright Gilbert. Let's hear from you.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Weak ass response Gilbert, and no crayons.

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

Gilbert is rollin over in his grave right now.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

He already released a letter to Cleveland, I made a thread but nobody clicked so fuckk you guys lol

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by LordVodka View Post
    He already released a letter to Cleveland, I made a thread but nobody clicked so fuckk you guys lol
    He is too embarrassed to do the right thing.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11162

Huh? Gilbert spent money over an above trying to get free agents to play with Lebron He paid out of his own pocket millions of dollars in luxury taxes above the cap. I think he was the 2nd highest paying owner at the tune of like $40 mill/year. What are you talking about?

The biggest problem was that Lebron would never sign long term deals so the team couldn't sign marquee free agents. Then he leaves Cleveland and before the ink was signed at South Beach he was greeting Derek Fisher at Miami airport

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Huh? Gilbert spent money over an above trying to get free agents to play with Lebron He paid out of his own pocket millions of dollars in luxury taxes above the cap. I think he was the 2nd highest paying owner at the tune of like $40 mill/year. What are you talking about?

The biggest problem was that Lebron would never sign long term deals so the team couldn't sign marquee free agents. Then he leaves Cleveland and before the ink was signed at South Beach he was greeting Derek Fisher at Miami airport
    The chicken and the egg thoery working here. Why would LeBron sign a long term deal with Cleveland? He has an out with the Heat, yet said not 6, not 7, not 8. Bull hockey on Gilbert spending "bad money" on washed up second tier players and expecting it to work out against the Big 3 or Spurs.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

lebron signing long term has no bearing on marquee FA signings
    if they are over the cap, obviously they cant sign a big free agent
    if i remember correctly, their biggest signing was larry hughes after redd decided to stay with the bucks

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Thought Cavaliers will get a ring first before King James

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Dan Gilbert@cavsdan
    Great NBA season. Enjoyed playoffs. Congratulations to Miami & OKC for an exciting Finals. Back to work on next weeks promising Cavs draft.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Spending money and spending it wisely are 2 different things. Like I said, another owner who thinks he knows personnel. Seaborneq and jsmithj88 got it right; overspending on 2nd tier players. The Daniel Snyder of the NBA. How's that worked out for the Redskins? And acting like a bratty kid didn't help him any in the eyes of future free agents.

FreeHainsworth
    Update your status
    FreeHainsworth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Dan Gilbert is a whiner

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

gilbert is a complete tool. makes don sterling look like jerry buss, if dolan wasnt alive hed be the worst owner in the nba.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11162

Spending money and spending it wisely are 2 different things. Like I said, another owner who thinks he knows personnel. Seaborneq and jsmithj88 got it right; overspending on 2nd tier players. The Daniel Snyder of the NBA. How's that worked out for the Redskins? And acting like a bratty kid didn't help him any in the eyes of future free agents.
    Gilbert is the owner that signs the checks. He's not the GM. If you're going to blame anyone on personnel then blame Danny Ferry. He's the guy people should be bashing, not Dan Gilbert. I agree Cleveland could have done better but Lebron had a lot to do with that as well. Ferry ran every trade by Lebron first which is stupid. GM's have to make the moves not the players. Ferry was horrible, Paxson was atrocious, he let Boozer walk out for free. Those are the guys to point the fingers at, not Gilbert.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Ferry didn't guarantee shit. Ferry did not say anything about shortcuts. Ferry was fired. This is about gilbert grape.

12 Last