SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

How do "Playoff fouls" work ?

Onlooker feels we need a thread each game about bad calls. I am curious as to how this "playoff foul" thing works. Wade and James have each gone to the line for next to no contact. This forced OKC to sit Durant while the Thunder were on a huge run. There was definitely more contact at the end of game two then on 3 of Durants fouls tonight. What do you think ?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Onlooker is a Miami heat fan...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GamblerSpirit

SportsPedagogy

I know, he is trying to prevent people from complaining about the refs by saying that it was a good no-call due to "playoff fouls" .. as if a lack of complainers will make it more legit. I feel like basketball is becoming to subjective. I miss the days when people basketball instead of trying to get calls or getting calls wasnt based off of a popularity contest. I would shit myself if james was ever called for fouling Collison. I miss the old days! In NBA Jam, you could shove a motha fucka, there was only three things on defense you could do. Jump, Steal and SHOVE!

SportsPedagogy

I just watched James Elbow Harden in the face, no call... then got a call when he jumped into Collison who was jumping straight up ...

Bdolan33
    Bdolan33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Playoff fouls are a thing of the past. The only foul system that exists are the superstars getting favorable tick tack calls.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

The last minute of the game. I'm not the only one that says it.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I've seen miss calls both ways in this game 3. There are always missed calls. Stars always get the benefit of the doubt during the game.

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    The last minute of the game. I'm not the only one that says it.

Oh, i didnt say it was you. All Heat fans thought it was a good "no-call"

This must be great for. I imagine you would be upset though if it were Durrant and westbrook getting all the calls while James and wade got mugged.

I have no bet on this... just wanted to enjoy a great series as a fan. Wish i would have thrown a live bet on Heat down by 6 when Durant got his 4th foul for basically nothing.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Onlooker is a Miami heat fan...
    Has nothing to do with it.

Hey SP. I wasn't trying to prevent just the complaining about that "good" non-call on Lebron vs Durant at the end of game 2. That's fine if that is the only thread that pops up.

But through out every game during the NBA season, all you see is people crying and complaining about the officiating. Even a token thread about Stern calling it in to fix the game, during the game.

If you want to believe it or not, there is to much crying on here about officiating. All I ask is for all the threads to be combined into one. No need for multiple threads.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    Oh, i didnt say it was you. All Heat fans thought it was a good "no-call"

This must be great for. I imagine you would be upset though if it were Durrant and westbrook getting all the calls while James and wade got mugged.

I have no bet on this... just wanted to enjoy a great series as a fan. Wish i would have thrown a live bet on Heat down by 6 when Durant got his 4th foul for basically nothing.
    There are times that Lebron gets mugged. It is upsetting, but what am I going to do about it?

No bet here either.

Enjoy the game.

SportsPedagogy

i think Lebron got fouled three times during his last score and there was no call... but i feel that is the exception rather then the rule.

SportsPedagogy

Though bettors have only OKC and their 9 free throws to be mad at

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Though bettors have only OKC and their 9 free throws to be mad at
    Missed free throws right?

Can't believe how bad they have shot it at the line tonight.

SportsPedagogy

james just hit Harden in the face and Harden got called for the block ... come on Onlooker... explain that :P

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

lol@lebron shoving/pushing harden off him near halfcourt and then them calling harden for a blocking foul......such a joke

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

james just hit Harden in the face and Harden got called for the block ... come on Onlooker... explain that :P
    Flopped. The reach in foul wasn't called on Harden before the flop.

It should of been a non-call on the flop, but that might of been worse for the Thunder.

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Lebron just elbowed harden in the throat= harden foul

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Did we miss the moving pick on the other end that freed up Westbrook? There was no call there. Westbrook blew it by missing the three.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I can play this bias searching as well.

SportsPedagogy

Did we miss the moving pick on the other end that freed up Westbrook? There was no call there. Westbrook blew it by missing the three.
    Moving picks are apparently never called except when Omer Asik does them. There were far to many moving screens to count in this game.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

not hard to see who the refs have been guiding throughout the playoffs....not hard to see at all...oh well

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Flopped. The reach in foul wasn't called on Harden before the flop.

It should of been a non-call on the flop, but that might of been worse for the Thunder.
    yer saying that a non push off call...then a blocking call actually worked in the thunders favor because lebron missed a ft? if only we knew lebron was gonna miss that ft beforehand lol....then we coulda said "wheewww...we actually made out there....lebron coulda had an easy lane to the basket"
    Last edited by bobby heenan; 06-17-12 at 10:01 PM.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    yer saying that a non push off call...then a blocking call actually worked in the thunders favor because lebron missed a ft? if only we knew lebron was gonna miss that ft beforehand lol....then we coulda said "wheewww...we actually made out there....lebron coulda had an easy lane to the basket"
    No because if they didn't blow the whistle on Harden, his dumb ass would of been sitting on the floor while Lebron set up the offense, and possibly drove it to the hoop. Or a kick out for a three. With the Thunder defense scrambling.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Miami has 2 FIRST BALLOT hall of famers on their team (if they both retired today).

OKC has 0.

Does that influence calls? Of Course, and it should. Go watch the fukkin 90s bulls. Pippen and Jordan lived at the line. Were those series' rigged? Why hasn't stern given Bron a ring already? He's been to the finals twice now.

OKC was down 4 and threw the ball away out of a timeout. End of game.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

No because if they didn't blow the whistle on Harden, his dumb ass would of been sitting on the floor while Lebron set up the offense, and possibly drove it to the hoop. Or a kick out for a three. With the Thunder defense scrambling.
    I know what u were saying....but if he kicks it in the corner the 3 could have been missed....in which case the thunder would have made out....Lebron getting 2 free throws after pushing harden(who was playing good d) is not a win for the thunder any way u slice it....and u were trying to slice it that way

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I know what u were saying....but if he kicks it in the corner the 3 could have been missed....in which case the thunder would have made out....Lebron getting 2 free throws after pushing harden(who was playing good d) is not a win for the thunder any way u slice it....and u were trying to slice it that way
    You see it your way, I see it mine. Harden flopped. With the way the Heat are shooting threes this series, it would of probably went in. The way Lebron has been playing in the paint, he probably sinks a runner or makes a layup. Lets not forget the non-call on the reach by Harden before his flop.

I can play this searching game all night too.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

y r people complaining about lebron going to the FT line
    i thought he was the least clutch nba player that ever lived

polishkielbasa10
    polishkielbasa10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4789

Its easy....if your name is Labron, you wait till the 4th quarter to get your calls. Not tough to be clutch when the refs gave you the Boston series, and now turning the finals into a joke

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

The refs must always be in the equation when betting the NBA.................

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by polishkielbasa10 View Post
    Its easy....if your name is Labron, you wait till the 4th quarter to get your calls. Not tough to be clutch when the refs gave you the Boston series, and now turning the finals into a joke
    we are talking about the king of missing FT's in the clutch .............
    lebron is the least clutch nba player in the world remember?
    he misses all his FT's in the 4th ............
    y would sending him to the line be any advantage?

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Harden was playing good "D", but he flopped. If he would have just stood his ground and not tried to get he refs to call a bullshit charge foul, then it might have been a different story.

I don't think he fouled James, but a lot of times the refs feel obligated to call a foul when someone hits the floor.

You can't tell me in all honesty that Harden isn't a flopper .. can you?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Its very subjective

Hard to say fouls vs no fouls

Hard job